Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed Okami PS2 There's no security strip

Jun 03 at 1:02:19 PM
GunNac (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
So I recently got a sealed Okami (PS2) at a thrift store.  I was care-free until I compared it to my sealed MGS2.  I noticed that the MGS2 had a security strip on the top of the case, under the seal.  At this point I notice that there is no security strip on the Okami. 

I wasn't feeling so good at this point so I went on ebay to check out the sealed versions on there.  There wasn't a single one (of the 6-7 I checked) that had a security strip.  I did a little more research and found that some games never had a security strip but couldn't confirm whether that was true of Okami.  I'm pretty sure the seal is legit but I'm still a little concerned.

So, does anyone have a sealed Okami that they know is legit?  Does it have the security strip or not?  BTW, I checked the seal itself and it is completely identicle to the MGS2 seal.  I feel like you would have to be the best counterfeiter ever or be incredible lucky to get such a result.

Jun 03 at 1:28:42 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Tons of PS2 games don't have a security strip and I'm near positive Okami is one of them. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure the security strip stopped being used for every game released around 05/06 and onwards. This also includes any reprints from that time.

-------------------------
I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Jun 03 at 2:23:05 PM
GunNac (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
Cool, thanks.  This is more or less what I was thinking.

Jun 03 at 4:46:52 PM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
PS2 never had holostrips after a certain year. For example, Rule of Rose, God of War II, Okami, will never have a holostrip.

However, some earlier games that did have a holostrip like Zoe 1 and 2, were later reprinted by third parties. They look identical except for no holostrip, so be weary that some games should have them.

-------------------------