Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Articles NEEDED for the Nov and BEYOND E-Zine Any articles appreciated please post thoughts and ideas!

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:45:51 AM
647 (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Peter klax) < Crack Trooper >
United States
I've got two. An article about My favorite Video Gaming References in pop culture and my top 20 SNES games list. Where should I send them?

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:45:01 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: pats1717

Please post or pm me.

If you are pming anything about the e-zine I would certainly appreciate if the first part of the pm

Is E-ZINE

It will make it easier for me to find E-Zine pm's

Thanks in advance!

-------------------------
My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:00:42 PM
Natendo (87)
(The artist formerly known as Nechestriah) < Ridley Wrangler >
Georgia
Gonna bump this to hopefully help generate a little bit of interest. This thing will surely die if no one submits any content....

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Rescue Rangers 2 Manual  •  Fire N Ice Manual  •  Rad Racer 3D Glasses
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:00:39 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
When doing this post on gyromite converters I though it would make for a good article, but I'm a terrible writer and left it as a post just to get the info out. If someone wants to edit it up all nice for an article, they can use the text and pics and I would help proof it and answer questions and whatnot.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:14:47 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
I'd love to do an article on the Playchoice 10 arcade machine

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:21:04 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: shane7951

I would love to read said article. Send one in!

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:23:17 PM
MasonSushi (83)
(Mason 8-Bit_Nes) < King Solomon >
South Carolina
i would love to read the stories of people that sold of their whole collection, and then years later got back into collecting.

Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:10:37 AM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other
Who is now in charge on the E-Zine? Would like to get something in for Feb or Early march if possible.

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:55:27 AM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
RIP

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:01:09 PM
Shane (146)
United States
It's already over? I'd love to help out with the E-Zine

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:01:59 PM
Shane (146)
United States
Originally posted by: doner24

I would love to read said article. Send one in!

I pm'd pats1717 but never heard back

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:32:11 AM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other
Same. A simple "we are not doing it anymore" would have been nice. But maybe I should have read the rest of the forum first. I will try now and see if I find an answer.

Feb 4, 2012 at 8:33:33 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
The eZine was one of my favorite parts of the site. It's amazing how the community grows with a ton of new collectors, yet we can't get a steady stream of articles for the eZine. At least that's what I assume was the problem...

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:18:30 AM
Shane (146)
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

The eZine was one of my favorite parts of the site. It's amazing how the community grows with a ton of new collectors, yet we can't get a steady stream of articles for the eZine. At least that's what I assume was the problem...

From reading this thread it seems plenty of members wanted to contribute. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:12:25 PM
Natendo (87)
Georgia
Yeah, nothing has been officially killed off yet, as far as i'm aware. We just had a severe lack of Articles when we needed them for October and November, and then I think people started to forget.

It's a ton of work putting this together, but it's very fulfilling knowing that so many people enjoy reading it. I would really hate to see it die - especially after only working on one issue. Hopefully we'll have some updates on the future of the e-zine soon.

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:06:51 PM
Shane (146)
United States
pats1717 said it was kind of on hold for the time being. I would love to help out any way I could.

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:34:24 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Originally posted by: jonebone

From reading this thread it seems plenty of members wanted to contribute. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject.

There is a difference between saying that you want to contribute and actually submitting articles.

As far as I know, the issue we ran into was that after the initial burst of content, there wasn't a steady enough stream to continue to flesh out regular issues.

The private thread on this has been quiet for awhile, but there was talk, briefly, of going to a bi-monthly or quarterly format just to have a better guarantee of quality content and to give the layout artist an easier schedule to work with.

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:15:27 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
I really want to contribute, I just don't know what I can. I don't have a bunch of the mega-rares or any real extra insight into anything like that.

Maybe something about flea market hunting, which is primarily what I do... I'm just afraid it may have already been done to death.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:42:05 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
I write for Retrogaming Times Monthly, NES-Bit and the upstart PixelNation. PM me and let me know if you want me to write an article and give me some kind of guidelines and I'll gladly find some time to get one done.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Feb 11, 2012 at 11:55:17 AM
Natendo (87)
Georgia
Originally posted by: the tall guy

I really want to contribute, I just don't know what I can. I don't have a bunch of the mega-rares or any real extra insight into anything like that.

Maybe something about flea market hunting, which is primarily what I do... I'm just afraid it may have already been done to death.

While it may have been done already, it's always good to get insight from other people and how they do things... 

I feel any articles are better than no articles - and it's good to have a large variety of them in each issue - so I say if you're feeling inspired to write an article... do it - the more we get, the easier it will be to put another issue together.

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:01:04 PM
Natendo (87)
Georgia
Originally posted by: thesubcon3

I write for Retrogaming Times Monthly, NES-Bit and the upstart PixelNation. PM me and let me know if you want me to write an article and give me some kind of guidelines and I'll gladly find some time to get one done.

Honestly dude, that would be awesome.... if you have something you'd like to write about for us, I say get something put together (even just ideas) and send it to Pats, myself, arch or anyone else involved in the ezine and we'll add it to our (small) collection of ideas ready to be included in the next issue.

For this to continue regularly - we need people to be proactive in submissions. Unfortunately I don't think enough people read this thread to know how badly we are lacking content, so I really think it would benefit the ezine to have a red link at the top of the page asking for submissions.

I really would like this to continue.

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:41:39 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Exactly Nathan is spot on. If we had an article for everyone that promised we could put out a dozen e-zones. Unfortunately we only get one article for every 20 promised.

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:27:11 PM
Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
I finally submitted mine a while ago :-p

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:38:01 PM
Shane (146)
United States
I've been inquiring on how to contribute for over a month now. Are we to just write up something and send it to Pats1717? I've yet to receive a response from him so it kind of derails the desire to do so when the guy in charge doesn't respond to private messages.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:16:47 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other

I've been inquiring on how to contribute for over a month now. Are we to just write up something and send it to Pats1717? I've yet to receive a response from him so it kind of derails the desire to do so when the guy in charge doesn't respond to private messages.

PM Sent.