NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Admit It: Common/Classic Games You've Never Beaten

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:59:12 PM
Gentlegamer (15)
< El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: Jandrem

I never actually beat Morrowind, despite sinking hundreds upon hundreds of hours playing it. I could never just stick to the main story, I always get sidetracked and go do my own thing.
Morrowind is never finished, only abandoned.

-------------------------

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:11:02 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Nullface

I couldn't even beat the first level of Bionic Commando when I tried it last week. I couldn't understand the controls or get a hang of it. I tried for at least a half hour then gave up.
Bionic Commando is a struggle to get a handle on the physics and pass the first level. I had the same problem. GET THROUGH IT! Once you get the hang of having a grappling hook instead of a jump, you'll be right on track! Just use the grappling hook as your jump! I found after I made it passed the first level it all opened up...

I haven't beaten a ton of games...

WANT LIST: Double Dragon 3, Contra 3: The Alien Wars, TMNT, Amagon, Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Bayou Billy....

WILL NEVER EVEN GET CLOSE THUS I NEED TO RECONCILE MY DISAPPOINTMENT IN MYSELF LIST: Metroid, Adventure Island, Double Dragon, Probably all the Ninja Gaiden's..., Punch Out!, Battletoads, Ghosts N' Goblins (incl. Super), + many more....

I gotta say something, though.... How can anyone using this website NOT be able to beat SMB or SMB3??? I mean, really.... SMB can be pretty tricky and getting to Bowser in the Castles with a power-up (whilst getting through the mazes) can be difficult, but after a few tries and learning the levels, once you're at Bowser it's all gravy. It's not a tough game...

And SMB 3??? My goodness.... you should get enough practise as you play through the 8 worlds to be able to Finish Dark World and get the hell out of Bowsers way. It's a little tricky, but with patience it's really not hard at all. I think SMB3 was the first game I ever beat. Especially when I was a kid using all the goodies like Stars, and P-Wings....

I know there are some simple games that I haven't beaten and will never beat, but SMB? .... sheesh

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:38:53 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Did I mention Zelda, or Startropics?... I both suck at and have no patience for RPG's, so most of them I will never come close to finishing.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Aug 18, 2014 at 1:44:54 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Never beaten a kirby or metroid or castlevania game. I just couldn't get into any of them.

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:12:09 PM
LAMRN15 (3)
< Meka Chicken >
Arkansas
Up until about 2 weeks ago, I'd never beaten Super Metroid. I fixed that, though.

There's plenty I haven't beaten, but probably the one that stands out most of A Link to the Past. I've started it a few different times, but always gotten distracted. I plan on playing it for real within the next couple weeks.

My collection: https://spreadsheets.google.com/s...

I'm a PC/console/handheld gamer and retro collector!