Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Chiptune Vegavox III released on bandcamp Cart coming soon???

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:19:59 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
https://alexmauer.bandcamp.com/al...

Any word on the cart release?

"Vegavox III is the last in the series of albums appearing uniquely on Nintendo NES cartridges. Cartridge development is still in progress, but the music is ready for the public. This is the first album by Alex Mauer to feature the Konami VRC6 expansion chip.

Tracks 4 and 6 also appear on the Starr Mazer OST.
credits
released December 28, 2016 

Artwork by Alex Mauer. 
Recorded from Famicom by Steve Lakawicz. 
Album dedicated to Simon Mauer."

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 12/29/2016 at 12:10 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:23:13 AM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
:: silently watches ::

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:36:12 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Oh wow.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Dec 29, 2016 at 12:07:29 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Yeah if I had a chance at getting a cart version on eventual release, it's probably much lower now. Also my chances of snagging a VegaVox II unless it gets reprinted...  

He say he used VRC6 for the album. A set of NSFs would play back nicely on the Powerpak, but what would he use for NES donors? INL's FME7 is the only repro PCB I know of that uses expansion audio. Famicom donors such as Espera Dreams 2 would likely either be expensive in quantity or only smallish supply available cheap, and repros could easily create a bull market on certain titles. CVIIIj is already way too expensive and desirable now that most westerners want to play/collect it.

Edited: 12/29/2016 at 12:11 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:21:08 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
I emailed Alex Mauer a couple weeks ago and he has no plans to release a physical cart, though he may do a free ROM release.