Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
May 20 at 9:35:26 AM
Lksoccer17 (10)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Originally posted by: DarkTone

She plays up to the character on social media. In real life she loves Charlotte and dislikes Ronda, but gives them both the same level of sass on Twitter.

NOW. Why is Brock back?

Something happened with his UFC deal/fight, so of course he’d re-up with WWE for cash flow. He basically has Vince by the balls

Now he gets a title shot but the cash in likely won’t happen until Mania 36. Unless they do it at SummerSlam for a rematch against Rollins. Either way he’s going to be around and win the belt because they aren’t going to book him to lose.

I can’t wait for the AEW ppv this weekend. They’re going to make WWE realize how bad the product is. Chris Jericho took a dump on the booking from last nights show.

Samoa Joe busted his nose against Mysterio last night legit and the match was cut short after he was visibly bleeding and cleaned up before the finish. It was a good match too.

-------------------------

I collect SNES, and have extras I need to rid myself of. If you have needs, worst thing you can do is ask if I have it, or view my FS thread!

May 20 at 9:47:48 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Lksoccer17

Anybody watch Dark Side of the Ring yet? The Screwjob story tied it up for me as a fan. Really good stuff there. The Bruiser Brody episode on his death was a true gut punch and I didn't watch many of his matches. Can't wait to see more. I'll probably go with the one on Macho/Miss Elizabeth next.

Thank you for this suggestion!   Watched all six episodes over the weekend; very well done show.

May 20 at 2:48:30 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Too bad about the Fox thing, I haven't looked into it... When is it all going down? The switch is official?

I there's too much talent and having EVERYONE on both shows will just lead to some people getting more TV time than others... I'd rather see two distinct "rosters" at this point because of how deep the talent is. For example.. I love the Usos, but seeing them on Raw AND Smackdown was too much.

Interesting night, TLC.

Women's TLC was good.

Loved Styles vs. Rollins. Owens vs. Kofi was good as well.

Men's TLC was pretty dang good.... but Brock? Meh... I dunno... I mean, he's still a good performer in the ring, so I'm okay with it. And Paul Heyman is good.

I wish they had pushed off Bayley cashing in until Next PPV... and Becky successfully defended both her titles, and backed up all the smack talk.

I like where she's come, just wish WWE would give her some more badass things to do on screen. For example. I wish she successfully defended both titles last night (first time ever?) and then went on to defend them twice at next PPV, lose to CHarlotte, and Bayley cashes in and so on...

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

May 20 at 4:12:06 PM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: AirVillain

Too bad about the Fox thing, I haven't looked into it... When is it all going down? The switch is official?

I there's too much talent and having EVERYONE on both shows will just lead to some people getting more TV time than others... I'd rather see two distinct "rosters" at this point because of how deep the talent is. For example.. I love the Usos, but seeing them on Raw AND Smackdown was too much.

Interesting night, TLC.

Women's TLC was good.

Men's TLC was pretty dang good.... but Brock? Meh... I dunno... I mean, he's still a good performer in the ring, so I'm okay with it. And Paul Heyman is good.

I wish they had pushed off Bayley cashing in until Next PPV... and Becky successfully defended both her titles, and backed up all the smack talk.

I like where she's come, just wish WWE would give her some more badass things to do on screen. For example. I wish she successfully defended both titles last night (first time ever?) and then went on to defend them twice at next PPV, lose to CHarlotte, and Bayley cashes in and so on...
Women's MITB was good.  Best one they have had yet.  Combine that with the two Becky matches, and the cash in, and it was a pretty exciting sequence of events.  I guess they could have stretched things out, but this sets up Becky as top face on RAW who can continue her fued with Lacey, and Bailey as top face on Smackdown who now will have a spiteful Charolette after her.

Styles and Rollins was sweet.

Really liked the Men's MITB bank cept the finish.  Some of those spots looked brutal.  Lesnar was going to waltz into the main event whenever he showed up again anyways, not sure the briefcase gives him anything extra.  So many of those upper midcard guys in the ladder match put their bodies on the line and could have benefitted from it more.

May 20 at 6:47:02 PM
Lksoccer17 (10)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Originally posted by: fox

Originally posted by: AirVillain

Interesting night, TLC.

Women's TLC was good.

Women's MITB was good.  Best one they have had yet.  Combine that with the two Becky matches, and the cash in, and it was a pretty exciting sequence of events.  I guess they could have stretched things out, but this sets up Becky as top face on RAW who can continue her fued with Lacey, and Bailey as top face on Smackdown who now will have a spiteful Charolette after her.

Styles and Rollins was sweet.

Really liked the Men's MITB bank cept the finish.  Some of those spots looked brutal.  Lesnar was going to waltz into the main event whenever he showed up again anyways, not sure the briefcase gives him anything extra.  So many of those upper midcard guys in the ladder match put their bodies on the line and could have benefitted from it more.

Agreed. Even the Women’s match had some brutal spots. The Men’s truly had me sick to my stomach at times especially Ricochets spots. I’m old school Jim Ross lingo, it was like a car wreck out there

I collect SNES, and have extras I need to rid myself of. If you have needs, worst thing you can do is ask if I have it, or view my FS thread!

May 22 at 7:56:26 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
That 24/7 title looks so piss poor. Perfect for jobbers to play with.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

May 22 at 11:38:58 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^ Yeah I find it weird, the 24/7 concept was simply funny the moment they announced it. Wonder how long they play it out, lol "I was champ for 42 seconds!" (Bobby Roode)

May 22 at 12:51:54 PM
Lksoccer17 (10)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
They're trying to get back to the violence factor. Dirt sheets reported a drop in the lights during the last hour of Raw. Maybe that's where the violence comes in. I was hoping for a Foley style Hardcore title. The NXT style of booking seems to be making its way to the main roster. AEW All or Nothing is Saturday. Seems like they know things need to be booked differently with a new competitor garnering some legit offers for TV deals

May 22 at 1:31:55 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
And yeah I missed the Men's MITB match because of Game of Thrones. Saw the comments here, went back and watched it and damn - those are some huge bumps some of them took! Craziest I've seen in WWE for some time, that Balor powerbomb from the top of the ladder was brutal, same with Ricochet several times. A+ but silly how it ended.

May 22 at 1:56:11 PM
Lksoccer17 (10)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Tomorrow makes 20 years to the day of Owen Hart's tragic fall and death. Continue to Rest in peace Owen. I still remember it happening life. My brother and I would put the tv on the ppv channel even if we didn't order it. Scrambled audio would come through. We were shocked and horrified. Definitely going to watch some Owen matches tonight. To Bret, Owens wife and children, continue to rest easy. Gone way too soon.

May 22 at 3:17:35 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
I heard that Vince wanted wanted to bring back the hard-core title, but because of sponsors like mars, they can't.

So what we got is the hard-core title, minus the hard-core.

Does this mean that every employee gets paid every hour? You need an official ref to make the count. No sleep for the zebras.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

May 22 at 3:44:05 PM
User123 (61)

< Lolo Lord >
Nevada
This 24/7 title is a joke

May 22 at 3:45:40 PM
Lksoccer17 (10)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
AJ Styles re-upped with WWE and said it's his last contract as a wrestler. Interesting on the timing. He said he enjoys the PG aspect (took a lot of beatings in TNA). Timing seems like it has more to do with locking him down from going to AEW. Assuming the deal has guaranteed money and commission on merch sales. He will likely get a big push as a result. I'm happy for him. He's paid his dues and regularly took beatings in TNA/RoH where he was busted and broken over and over. He said he likes the PG aspect and being able to bring his family to shows. I can respect that...he will likely have a spot backstage when he's done. Great mind in the industry that has been through it all. Hope he gets a big push at some point

May 23 at 4:26:00 PM
Lksoccer17 (10)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Bret's Tweets about Owen brought me to tears. Dammit why? He'd probably be in the Ring still and a multiple champion at this point. This sucks, but it's a day to remember one of the greats.

May 25 at 3:31:05 PM
Lksoccer17 (10)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Ordered tonight's AEW PPV. Getting pumped. Expecting surprises as this is basically their WrestleMania

May 26 at 2:40:20 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
I miss doing my old ppv predictions, but the WWE had me burned out as a fan. I thought Double or Nothing was solid, so hopefully they can build on this momentum and fill out the roster before the TNT show starts. Competition is better for everyone so I'm hoping they succeed and it causes the WWE to get things together and try to make their shows watchable again.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

May 26 at 3:12:04 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: Lksoccer17

Anybody watch Dark Side of the Ring yet? The Screwjob story tied it up for me as a fan. Really good stuff there. The Bruiser Brody episode on his death was a true gut punch and I didn't watch many of his matches. Can't wait to see more. I'll probably go with the one on Macho/Miss Elizabeth next.

Thank you for this suggestion!   Watched all six episodes over the weekend; very well done show.

I watched the Montreal episode. I don't think I learned anything that I hadn't already heard, but the Russo/Cornette takes were entertaining. If someone could get them to sit down and do a shoot interview together with or without them killing each other I would love to see it.

Edited: 05/26/2019 at 03:12 PM by bearcat-doug

May 26 at 3:17:42 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
Anyone hear about the Ashley scandal?

May 26 at 3:28:45 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Anyone hear about the Ashley scandal?

Yeah, pretty disturbing stuff if you are referring to the affidavit. I remember her being really fan friendly back in the old MySpace days. We actually got matching tattoos at the same time and I didn't even know it. Its sad she took her own life. After reading that statement, she must have lived with a great deal of depression. I saw where several of the girls she worked with set up a college fund for her daughter. She seemed so sweet, but troubled. Not sure if you saw the exchange with Ashley and Matt Hardys wife Reby a few years back, but it seems like she had been in a rough place for years.

May 28 at 4:03:58 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
I didn't. I knew they dated when they practically told her to announce it. How bad was it?

Jun 03 at 12:37:35 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
Moxley vs Omega straight away is bad.

Jun 03 at 1:36:26 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
I regret not watching Double or Nothing, reading about it online and checking out some clips shows some promise for sure for AEW.

Darktone - why would Moxley vs Omega be bad? Moxley is DA right? Just curious, I don't know Omega very well but it looks like him and Jericho went the distance.

There isn't much more that I want other than a true WWE competitor, I miss the WCW days!

Jun 03 at 3:21:34 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

I regret not watching Double or Nothing, reading about it online and checking out some clips shows some promise for sure for AEW.

Darktone - why would Moxley vs Omega be bad? Moxley is DA right? Just curious, I don't know Omega very well but it looks like him and Jericho went the distance.

There isn't much more that I want other than a true WWE competitor, I miss the WCW days!
Same. I watched the Battle Royale on YouTube, and while it was cheesy at some parts overall I thought it was pretty entertaining. Definately exposed me to some cool/interesting wrestlers. 

Might still find a way...

Haven't watched the main event from Taveover, but the first few matches were quite good. 

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Jun 03 at 5:33:14 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom

It's bad right now. This will be Moxleys first match, and Omega lost to Jericho.

If Moxley loses, people will think hes a flash in the pan. If Omega loses, thats TWO straight losses. One to a guy who people had to Google.

Jun 04 at 10:15:51 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

It's bad right now. This will be Moxleys first match, and Omega lost to Jericho.

If Moxley loses, people will think hes a flash in the pan. If Omega loses, thats TWO straight losses. One to a guy who people had to Google.

That makes sense nice perspective!

And for the record, last night was lame with the Money in the Bank "Cash-In" lol