Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Pokemon stadium nfr hoard? 2018 was a weird year

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:12:04 PM
Fryer64 (45)
(Ryley C) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
So a week and a half back i was on ebay looking at games and one of my saved searches came up. So i clicked on the search and it was for pokemon stadium with the refurbished stickers on them, at 12.xx. i looked over the auction and found that this person had more then one available but didnt have great pics. Being skeptical, i ordered one and a few days later it came, and sure enough, pokemon stadium not for resale. I then purchased 12 more and told a few friends about the auction and they came in today.

So basically pokemon stadium nfrs never used at 12- something each. Im not sure if this persom had them sitting around forever, or recently bought them from a store closure liquidation.

Probably going to sell them, but just thought id share this at it was pretty cool.

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:51:17 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
That is pretty cool. I see it in the completed listings. Nice little treasure trove there!

-------------------------
Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:55:09 PM
Fryer64 (45)
United States
Thanks! I was pretty happy to see them. Kinda cool they have product info in them along with a refrubished sticker sealing the bags, (just noticed this).

Edited: 12/27/2018 at 02:57 PM by Fryer64

Dec 27, 2018 at 3:17:01 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Probably the ones that were demonstrated in Pokémon Snap stations at Blockbuster Video?

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:19:17 AM
Fryer64 (45)
United States
I couldnt say. This must have been how they shipped and sold these things back though. I didnt know thats how it was done till getting these today. Makes sense for Nintendo.. or whoever to try to resell them. These are not scuffed and do no appear at all to have ever been played. (The one i recieved out of the package as my example), so i think nintendo maybe got over-eager and produced too many not for resales, not one cart even managing to find its way into an n64.

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:46:52 AM
zfleming54 (65)
< Meka Chicken >
Iowa
Very cool. Great buy!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4911-9662-4119

Dec 28, 2018 at 11:36:32 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Great deal regardless, but are they actually NFR copies to ask? If so, I'd be an interested buyer  

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:36:41 AM
Fryer64 (45)
United States
They are, if one was to peel off that sticker (Not gonna be me!), They would see it. It's visible under the refurbished sticker. No idea if there are any store stickers under the back stickers. Maybe? Would not make sense if there wasn't but I can't be sure.

Could probably try to take a pic of the not for resale sorta poking through. But all but one of these will be for sale or trade.

Edited: 12/29/2018 at 03:40 AM by Fryer64

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:01:37 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
I'm confused how you connected the dots on this somehow being NFR stuff? The stickers all seem to corroborate you have a bunch of otherwise returned goods, that the seller put back out once more as refurbished and with no warranty implied at all. Those stickers don't even look Nintendo quality and they also do in fact warranty all their refurb stuff to the same level of their new products for terms and time length.

Back in that very day I did buy from Nintendo what would have been considered a refurb or overstock as they used to sell games quietly and directly from their 800 line before they had that online shop. They used to sell old SNES, Gameboy and even a few early N64 titles at the time for a substantial discount off the original price and they'd commonly come in a clear bag, warranty sheet included, manual too if they had one, and then the game as well but never with a box. The bag wasn't special, nothing stapled like their old red cardboard flap job over accessories and things.

I'm more curious who put them in there like that with those stickers as that seems very non-Nintendo to do that in that manner you've shown.

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:21:53 AM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Great deal! I would guess there are back sticker not for resale labels under that refurbished label.

Edit: Whoa just looked WTF he had 31 of those??????

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Edited: 12/30/2018 at 02:30 AM by Skorp

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:51:38 AM
Fryer64 (45)
United States
That's exactly the thing, it might not have been Nintendo who actually put the stickers on. I know for sure it's a not for resale because you can literally see "Not for resale" under the front sticker. My photos are terrible quality and don't show this.

Thing is, if they were fake not for resale, the seller went through alot just to make a little. $12 isn't something that's going to get your average fake to make, and especially if that same person doesn't mark it not for resale and goes through alot of unnecessary stuff to fake a cart. This guy isn't overseas and didn't make a ton of money on them. If I was a scumbag/counterfeiter I would go through the trouble to fake a better cart then Pokemon stadium not for resale.

It's weird for sure, but they are genuine I have no doubt. As far as how Nintendo/toys r us/random retailer resold these things I've no clue. My idea of it being toys r us is purely speculation based on them closing lately. But I've been collecting not for resales for years and have run across the same type of sticker on the front and back, never in the bag with a random 64 manual sealed with a refurbished sticker.

This site is full of experts on this sort of thing, I'm sure there is someone who has seen this same kind of things before. Not to mention that if you look on eBay hard enough you will find a few more that I'm assuming were purchased either the same way through whoever, or purchased from the guy I bought from. Weird thing is, the 7 that person has doesn't have a front refurbished sticker, which he/she could have removed or perhaps they were also sold without that sticker.

I did tell acidjaguar about it and I know he purchased a few. But I don't know if he got them by now or not, and he bought the remaining two .

Edited: 12/30/2018 at 02:55 AM by Fryer64

Dec 30, 2018 at 8:15:25 AM
broncofantd793 (37)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Fryer64

They are, if one was to peel off that sticker (Not gonna be me!), They would see it. It's visible under the refurbished sticker. No idea if there are any store stickers under the back stickers. Maybe? Would not make sense if there wasn't but I can't be sure. Could probably try to take a pic of the not for resale sorta poking through. But all but one of these will be for sale or trade.

I would take one!

Jan 05 at 9:55:56 PM
Fryer64 (45)
United States
Haha they are for sale! This isn't the place for sales but I was thinking $30 each. Maybe up for a trade?

Jan 06 at 1:31:55 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Also, to anyone still unsure about the NFR aspect, the code on the front of the cartridge starts with "DIS" instead of the regular code.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair