Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Sep 29, 2008 at 2:04:34 AM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Seth if you want to talk about it to somebody, hit me up on AIM. I'll listen, and give sound advice, and I'll tell you all about some dumb chick who did basically the same thing to me a few months back. That was fun : D This was like 4 months ago and I'm finally just starting to get back on the horse again called life.

Oh and for the record, rebound sluts are good sometimes, depending on what type of person you are, but in my experiences it just made me feel bad afterwards. But maybe that was the alcohol doing it to me. I dunno. Hooray for sluts! And booze!

Originally posted by: matt163201

Im TELLING you, do this (now that it is confirmed)

1. Meet with sister
2. Make a proposal (the same way you would do a big meeting, have only the pros, no cons)
3. Show her the goods
4. ?????????
5. PROFIT!!!! (lots of it)

^^ Hey Matt, 4chan memes are great advice. Thank you for another solid post

-------------------------
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Edited: 09/29/2008 at 02:19 AM by burnambill333

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:11:08 AM
burnambill333 (0)
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Bronty

If she's messed up like that then honestly just count yourself lucky that the breakup is now and not later when things are much more complicated (marriage/kids). I know breaking up sucks hard but from the sounds of it you're better off without her in the long run. Someone who you care about just as much and is a better match to boot will come around for you sooner or later.

I definitely agree with this statement right here. If you're attached to that girl, or in "love" (heh), then it's going to suck worse than anything, but it will ultimately be better in the long run. If it didn't work out with her, then it didn't work out, and it's as simple as that. It may not seem like it now, but after you establish yourself with somebody else, somebody BETTER, you will look back, and agree that you are better off.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:27:17 AM
matt163201 (2)
(Matt K) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
It doesnt matter how I state it...

The advice is still sound

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:50:18 AM
NESJohnny (52)
(Johnny Johnny) < Kraid Killer >
California
Sorry broseph. Yeah, I have to agree with the guys here, as hard as you fell for her she doesn't sound like a catch; you'll find better. Keep the chin up, get smashed with your buds and play some sweet lady NES. It'll all turn out alright.

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:53:51 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Sorry to hear about your problems man. Like Ben offered, come to Ohio if you need a get away. We have an extra bedroom you can crash in for a few nights, and I can show you all that is wonderous about shitty, shitty Ohio

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:54:42 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
The girl you're describing sounds an awful lot like someone I was attached to before I met my wife. She kept coming back and I was so strongly attracted to her, I almost left Marie to get back with her. Dangerous stuff.

She was an habitual liar, bad things happened around her but never because of her, you know what I mean?

Even after I left town, she tried chasing me. Bad stuff. Just pray that it's a clean break and when she gets needy a few months down the road, you've already moved on and aren't weak for her. The things you're saying show you know the right move.

I still think about this old girl though. I'll never forget the way she made me feel. Maybe it was a bad-girl thing, I don't know. She just did something to me. I wanted to give my money to her and get nothing but attention in return. Like a drug.

Sep 29, 2008 at 8:11:52 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
Originally posted by: burnambill333

Hey Matt, 4chan memes are great advice. Thank you for another solid post

It's almost like sometimes Matt doesn't realize the rest of us have internet too.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

Sep 29, 2008 at 9:46:03 AM
Jumpman Jr. (47)
(Will Bowins) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Oh yeah, one other thing. If you actually want her back, DO NOT call, text, e-mail, or write her! NO COMMUNICATION! Alright... Seriously, I can't stress this enough. DO NOT COMMUNICATE with her... If you do, everything will be ruined. All you can do is wait for her to communicate with you. Hopefully she'll realize what she did was stupid. And if she does, she'll call you.

Sep 29, 2008 at 9:53:59 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Reading about her background and issues...I think you would be very wise to move on promptly.
This sounds like the girl that your future wife will pick on you for having dated.
Despite the physical attraction and infatuation, this girl has some traits that do not make for a strong relationship.

When you "loved" her, you were blinded to those faults. Now that the wool is out of your eyes, focus on them and realize that this is actually a very good thing to have been able to move on without major baggage.

Sep 29, 2008 at 9:58:52 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Jumpman Jr.

Oh yeah, one other thing. If you actually want her back, DO NOT call, text, e-mail, or write her! NO COMMUNICATION! Alright... Seriously, I can't stress this enough. DO NOT COMMUNICATE with her... If you do, everything will be ruined. All you can do is wait for her to communicate with you. Hopefully she'll realize what she did was stupid. And if she does, she'll call you.

better off without her.   Getting her back would feel good in the short term but disastrous later

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 09/29/2008 at 09:59 AM by Bronty

Sep 29, 2008 at 10:21:08 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee

better off without her.   Getting her back would feel good in the short term but disastrous later

I agree 100%.  I have been down that road and it wa UGLY!!!!
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 29, 2008 at 10:24:32 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
yeah. and the breakup sucks even worse the second time.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:34:09 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
-

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Edited: 01/08/2018 at 01:33 PM by srh201

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:43:01 PM
Xed (67)
(Sjoerd Rutten) < King Solomon >
Netherlands
i'm not a praying guy, but i do feel for you man

best of luck man, hope it will be better times for you

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis

aka XtinctHeD and Dr. Retro

Dr. Retro Video Game Channel:  http://www.dr-retro.com...
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/psxco...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drretromd...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/drretro..._
eBay store: http://stores.ebay.nl/Dr-Retros-G...
Playstation Collecting Community: http://www.playstationcollecting.... (browsable with your NA/SA account!)

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:46:34 PM
Thor (52)
(Thor Aackerlund) < Meka Chicken >
Texas

Im TELLING you, do this (now that it is confirmed)

1. Meet with sister
2. Make a proposal (the same way you would do a big meeting, have only the pros, no cons)
3. Show her the goods
4. ?????????
5. PROFIT!!!! (lots of it)

lol get out of my head! Seriously. My Wife screwed me over, and now I'm living with her sister. Profit! In all seriousness though, we're incredibly happy and she's the sweetest/coolest girl I've ever met.

Seth, things will get better a bit each day. I won't go so far as to say time heals all wounds, as that's just not true, but the hurt will fade a lot, and eventually you'll think of her only once in a while instead of constantly.

Yes, 1990 NWC in case you're curious :) A long long time ago, in a video game competition far far away.

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:28:38 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
huh. so how are the family dinners at christmas, a little tense? That must be really complicated but I am glad it worked out for you

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:42:24 PM
Thor (52)
Texas

huh. so how are the family dinners at christmas, a little tense? That must be really complicated but I am glad it worked out for you

Heheh well, not sure we'll be doing too much family stuff with her side of the family, though her brother is our roommate and we all get along pretty well. Even the ex is getting along with us now

Yes, 1990 NWC in case you're curious :) A long long time ago, in a video game competition far far away.

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:13:48 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Seth,
so sorry to hear about the breakup. sounds like i'd be repeating everyone in the thread if I said you are better off without her, but it sounds like the truth. don't let it get you down too much, there are many many more fishies in the sea, and likely hotter. Think about the benefits of being single. When that next girl flirts with you, you don't have to feel guilty.

take care and enjoy life, it's great.
Josh

eBay listings here

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:28:49 PM
Quack (68)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
I'm in the same boat....my girl and I are on a break right now, after being together over a year. Shit sucks....We've always had a long distance relationship which doesn't help matters, and I've just been stressed about it a lot lately. She won't even call or talk to me the last week, I just don't understand it, I would think she could give me some kind of explanation. She's got a lot of family issues to deal with so I'm thinking I should just do my own thing and let it be....I miss her so much though

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:53:24 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Thor

Heheh well, not sure we'll be doing too much family stuff with her side of the family, though her brother is our roommate and we all get along pretty well. Even the ex is getting along with us now

that's an impressive bit of diplomacy, kudos

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:53:59 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
-

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Edited: 01/08/2018 at 01:33 PM by srh201

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:54:10 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Quack

I'm in the same boat....my girl and I are on a break right now, after being together over a year. Shit sucks....We've always had a long distance relationship which doesn't help matters, and I've just been stressed about it a lot lately. She won't even call or talk to me the last week, I just don't understand it, I would think she could give me some kind of explanation. She's got a lot of family issues to deal with so I'm thinking I should just do my own thing and let it be....I miss her so much though

sorry quackers.   long distance is never easy

Edited: 09/29/2008 at 04:54 PM by Bronty

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:56:38 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: srh201

quack, u 2 are not broken up though. unless she said it is over, then it probably isnt over.

I dunno man.    If the relationship is going well there's nothing a girl likes better than to talk.    If she's not talking to him for a week she's not happy.

Sep 29, 2008 at 5:03:34 PM
matt163201 (2)
(Matt K) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Stick it in sisters pooper

/thread

Sep 29, 2008 at 5:07:09 PM
Thor (52)
Texas

Stick it in sisters cooter

/thread

^^ Fixed!

You're welcome

Poopers are 'exit-only!'