Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Puna, HI Live Stream worth checking out... aka, come to watch lava, stay to listen to the drama!

May 24, 2018 at 10:42:25 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
There's a livestream linked over at FoxNews (here you go http://video.foxnews.com/v/578910...) of a lava fissure behind a gentleman's house.  He's supposedly about 2-3 football fields away (according to his words) and it's an amazing site to see...

...but that's what I've not been able to cut off the stream.  You see, he keeps it running on his back porch and a lot of reporters come by.  Obviously, he's a bit frazzled because he knows he's going to have to leave his home soon.  Regardless, the ambiant conversations make it... interesting enough to listen to.

In the past 18 hours, I've heard him discover a horse walk up to his property, threaten to shoot a CNN reporter for not getting off his property because the reporter was doing something dumb and the threatened him just to go away as to keep the reporter safe.  I found out he had to go to the doctor to get... well, his first of potentially many special check ups.

I admit it's a bit voyeuristic but it's amazing to watch because the lava formations really are quite dynamic but... man, just when I'm about to get bored, some drama breaks out on the audio and I can't turn off the feed.  It's about 4:30 AM in Hawaii but the conversations are already starting. Check it out if you're interested.  It really is a bit of a snapshot of what these people are going through by listening to their actual life experience, plus seeing how the media hounds them in the midst of tragedy.  They guy has been open enough but, still... it does feel a bit exploitive. I'd much rather watch his personal video feed, which is what this is.

-------------------------
Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

May 24, 2018 at 10:46:35 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Holy shit, it's just been continually spewing lava like that?

May 24, 2018 at 10:49:27 AM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Holy shit, it's just been continually spewing lava like that?

Yeah, some times more than other times.  Some times less so.  You can't see it since it's dark, but toward the right of it is a small hill of built up, cooled lava. It keeps getting splashed on, breaking off and falling back in every 6-12 hours, I guess.  It's amazing to see, especially so close to this guys home.  The crazier thing (to me) is that I think this is around 6-9 miles from the summit where the active dome is... this is just a fissure where an underground "river' has finally broken out of the ground from this recent activity. It's spewing form here and flowing to the ocean like a river of fiery death.

EDIT

I forgot to mention the rooster you keep hearing has been affectionately named by the community follow this feed "lava chicken". So, if you want to join the crowd of followers, that's the first character to know.

Edited: 05/24/2018 at 10:55 AM by rlh

May 24, 2018 at 11:49:40 AM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

May 24, 2018 at 11:54:57 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: rlh

I forgot to mention the rooster you keep hearing has been affectionately named by the community follow this feed "lava chicken". So, if you want to join the crowd of followers, that's the first character to know.
All hail Lava Chicken!

May 24, 2018 at 12:03:54 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: rlh

All hail Lava Chicken!

You know, I have no clue where that name or phrase originated, but that's what everyone is saying.  From another over-heard conversation yesterday, I know the home owner was asking the reporters that if they had any lawyer-friends willing to draft a pro bono "cease and desist" because people were somehow monetizing stuff originating from his live stream.  I didn't catch what it was, but I'm guessing there's probably already a shirt with "All Hail Lava Chicken" on it and being sold.

Wouldn't buy one, but I'd gladly wear one if it landed in my mail box.