Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

A legend of zelda: link's awakening (nearly flawless box) with an ok manual and cart sold for $600 on ebay

Jul 19 at 11:48:33 AM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: jonebone

One high bogus sale doesn't set the norm going forward. One in good shape sold for $135 the exact day before:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Lege...

Sure price may creep up a bit based on a high sale, but Mint 1st print items have always been volatile and can spike unexpectedly. The remake of this game has pushed up the price too, just like the Pokemon Red / Blue / Yellow spike when Pokemon Go caught on.

I understand what you're saying but the previous sale that you're referring to, while that box was okay and didn't have any major issues it wasn't close to the quality of the box that sold in this auction and while I'm not saying this auction box is the best you can find, clearly crave has a box that is similar if not better, but the color on that box was like it was just out of the factory it was fresh and the corners were Sharp and it was certainly the only thing that mattered in that entire sale was that box. I see a lot of Zelda Link's Awakening out there but I haven't seen a box that looks that good except for craves.

Edited: 07/19/2019 at 11:50 AM by 14u2ponder

Jul 19 at 12:43:47 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania

One high bogus sale doesn't set the norm going forward. One in good shape sold for $135 the exact day before:

Sure price may creep up a bit based on a high sale, but Mint 1st print items have always been volatile and can spike unexpectedly. The remake of this game has pushed up the price too, just like the Pokemon Red / Blue / Yellow spike when Pokemon Go caught on.

This is the first thing I did too. I wouldn't put it past some starving online journalist to bid up a nice copy of the game to profile as click bait in an upcoming article about the remastered version. Any time these outliers pop up there is always some clickbait article and video that go up about them to bring ad revenue.

-------------------------
VideoGameSage.com

Jul 19 at 12:45:46 PM
DarkKobold (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Utah
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

This is the first thing I did too. I wouldn't put it past some starving online journalist to bid up a nice copy of the game to profile as click bait in an upcoming article about the remastered version. Any time these outliers pop up there is always some clickbait article and video that go up about them to bring ad revenue.

That's smart, but is $600 really news worthy?

That said, I don't trust the $100k Mario sale as being anything other than smart marketing.

Jul 19 at 12:48:39 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Lol, glad I picked up a sealed first release a year or two ago on a lucky FB sellers group find.

Jul 19 at 1:11:10 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: neodolphino

Lol, glad I picked up a sealed first release a year or two ago on a lucky FB sellers group find.

I been meaning to pick one up for years now.... fuuuuuuuuuuu lol

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 19 at 1:18:58 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
I disagree with this not becoming a new standard. Sure, not every box will sell for 500 now, but it will definitely contribute to a massive price jump going forward due to this sale. I don't disagree that the release of the new game is a contributing factor.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Jul 19 at 5:36:02 PM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
bubble bursted

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Jul 19 at 5:38:48 PM
TheBiRD (82)
Quebec

IMO,  you compare a gold sealed grade with silver... (in comparaison with CIB condition standard..)

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Edited: 07/19/2019 at 05:42 PM by TheBiRD

Jul 19 at 5:40:57 PM
TheBiRD (82)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Gloves

I considered getting mine Wata graded, went through the process and everything, but shipping doubles the price so fuck that. And naturally I'd get hit with a hefty customs fee on top of that when it comes back.

Run and ship it from over the border?

Jul 19 at 7:07:33 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Originally posted by: DarkKobold

That said, I don't trust the $100k Mario sale as being anything other than smart marketing.

Yeaaah marketing indeed, I believe the sale is legit based on everything else that's been happening but I dont agree that mint first print has "always" been volatile and that this sale is business as usual, mint maybe has always been volatile, but this first print craze is relatively fresh and didnt exactly come about organically.  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Jul 19 at 9:07:33 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: DarkKobold

Link's Awakening Price Exploding! 600% increase in a matter of weeks!! I could see a YouTube screen of that with don't edge Lord looking surprised at a neon 600%

VideoGameSage.com

Jul 19 at 9:21:57 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Well, it's not as dumb as a 22K beat up Mario box at least.

Jul 20 at 10:27:23 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
This is crazy. And so we begin discussing value. Just because some random person pays way over the asking price, does not mean the game is now worth that much. It may be "worth that much" to that person, but the overall value should not increase as a result.

If that is the case let's just take every good game, sell them to each other for thousands, and price everyone out of this hobby (exactly my point, it's ridiculous)

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Jul 20 at 11:16:38 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: AC Skywalker

This is crazy. And so we begin discussing value. Just because some random person pays way over the asking price, does not mean the game is now worth that much. It may be "worth that much" to that person, but the overall value should not increase as a result.

If that is the case let's just take every good game, sell them to each other for thousands, and price everyone out of this hobby (exactly my point, it's ridiculous)

Shhhhh, don't give them ideas.

Jul 20 at 11:38:21 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Hahaha sorry, I'll be quiet now. Ok back to Switch thread

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Jul 20 at 11:48:27 AM
TheBiRD (82)
Quebec
In fact, at least 2 people were ready to pay that price.. And I guess a 3rd one near that (didn't look at the bid history)

Jul 20 at 12:24:53 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: TheBiRD

In fact, at least 2 people were ready to pay that price.. And I guess a 3rd one near that (didn't look at the bid history)

I have had a few people contact me wanting to nab my copy.

Jul 20 at 9:11:45 PM
WalterWhiteJr. (29)
(Frank ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Massachusetts

I want your copy Doug. It’s so clean. 

Jul 20 at 9:34:20 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: WalterWhiteJr.

Sorry man, it's sold.  

Jul 20 at 10:06:52 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

Originally posted by: WalterWhiteJr.

Sorry man, it's sold.  

You really sold it? Wow, did you get your grand? This would further cement the fact that this game has bumped up a lot.
I can't believe you sold it.

Jul 20 at 10:27:36 PM
Lambda (0)
< Tourian Tourist >

Well shit. Anybody wanna buy my copy? Same condition lol. Actually, better condition considering the insides. My copy's minty on the inside.

I actually may throw an offer out there... DM me... this game changed my childhood in regards to my love for RPGs and I unfortunately only own a copy of the Links Awakening DX cart ... this game is one of my all time favorites.

whoami:iamroot

Jul 20 at 10:30:26 PM
Lambda (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Lambda

Well shit. Anybody wanna buy my copy? Same condition lol. Actually, better condition considering the insides. My copy's minty on the inside.

I actually may throw an offer out there... DM me... this game changed my childhood in regards to my love for RPGs and I unfortunately only own a copy of the Links Awakening DX cart ... this game is one of my all time favorites.

Nuts...   ... I didn’t realize it was sold until after I made that post and scrolled further down... if still for sale, message me  

whoami:iamroot

Jul 20 at 10:34:50 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

You should have read the last page, dude sold it already. LOL, it appears that this game and this thread frankly has proved the validitly of the price for this game now. Gloves just mentions that he has the game and jokingly adds that anybody want to buy it. And he doesn't even list it on ebay and its gone. I'm sure he got more than $600 for it as well. New Standard appears to be holding true.
This game in that conditions has more demand than it has products to meet it and that's why the price is going up.
Gloves made a good payday it appears.

PS I ought to get a kickback for setting the price that he was able to get for his game,lol.

Jul 20 at 10:44:04 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: 14u2ponder

You should have read the last page, dude sold it already. LOL, it appears that this game and this thread frankly has proved the validitly of the price for this game now. Gloves just mentions that he has the game and jokingly adds that anybody want to buy it. And he doesn't even list it on ebay and its gone. I'm sure he got more than $600 for it as well. New Standard appears to be holding true.
This game in that conditions has more demand than it has products to meet it and that's why the price is going up.

PS I ought to get a kickback for setting the price that he was able to get for his game,lol.

Actually I gave dude a good deal that made both parties quite happy I'm sure. In fact you can check my transactions and it's right there plain as day; no secrets from me:

Terms: zelda links awakening cib 1st print for

nes zelda cib
nes zelda 2 cib
earthworm jim 2 cib
150$  

To be perfectly honest I don't even LIKE Link's Awakening. I just bought it less than a year ago cuz it was a reasonable price. Now I've made my money back and gotten 3 minty CIBs that I actually like, so win win. Dude can go ahead and resell it for profit if he likes, or grade it and prob make a few hundred. I'm happier with the games and the easy sale.

Jul 20 at 10:50:10 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

Originally posted by: 14u2ponder

Actually I gave dude a good deal that made both parties quite happy I'm sure. In fact you can check my transactions and it's right there plain as day; no secrets from me:

Terms: zelda links awakening cib 1st print for

nes zelda cib
nes zelda 2 cib
earthworm jim 2 cib
150$  

To be perfectly honest I don't even LIKE Link's Awakening. I just bought it less than a year ago cuz it was a reasonable price. Now I've made my money back and gotten 3 minty CIBs that I actually like, so win win. Dude can go ahead and resell it for profit if he likes, or grade it and prob make a few hundred. I'm happier with the games and the easy sale.
I wished I would have found one that good, but I do have hope myself as I just got me a pretty good deal myself. It takes patience but sooner or later your good deal will come up.