Originally posted by: helloatarijason

The Hype Train is getting hot!

Alll aboard!

-------------------------

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:55:33 PM
kamakaze_ekun (5)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Hands down the Xbox had some of the best ports of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 4.

WHAT AM I SEEKING NOW???
PC Engine with video cable, power supply and controller. Looking to spend $100 to have this console in my collection.

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:58:29 PM
The Bear (57)
(Cody ) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Bought a couple of titles today just cause... Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja Gaiden, and Ninja Gaiden Black.

All complete for a total of $25 bucks shipped, can't complain!

Creator of Bits & GloryYouTube | Twitch | TwitterInstagram | Facebook

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:10:11 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

Are there any good controllers that are a drastically different design?

I've had this style for a long time and really like it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181933352...

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:11:10 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I always thought Guy Game had a cool story. It got recalled because one of the girls was under 18 apparently. That title used to bring in $40-$50 complete all day long a few years back, now it seems to have slumped. I'd say that would be worth buying at its current price for sure, it can't possibly ever fall below $20 or so.

Female nudity in a hobby dominated by men = instant collectible!

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 11/18/2015 at 03:11 PM by jonebone

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:11:57 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Lincoln

Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

Are there any good controllers that are a drastically different design?

I've had this style for a long time and really like it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181933352...
I've got a brand new one but haven't opened it since I have a couple of the Logitech controllers. They do look very nice and comfortable though. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:04:13 PM
Nirron (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Belgium
Questioning if NA is a collectors forum or a resellers forum. I'm glad Xbox is cheap. Atleast something fun and cheap to collect for..

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:05:23 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: Nirron

Questioning if NA is a collectors forum or a resellers forum. I'm glad Xbox is cheap. Atleast something fun and cheap to collect for..

Bit of both truthfully. 

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:43:39 PM
theclaw (78)
(Lum Fan) < Lolo Lord >
Washington
Shikigami no Shiro 2 is usually above $20.

This is a signature-tcha!

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:57:51 PM
85collector (49)
< Meka Chicken >
Virginia
I agree that in a couple of years-five years, the prices will start to rise on the decent games. Whenever I come across cheap Xbox games in good condition, (I usually only buy them complete, and with discs in VG condition) I just put them away in a box. Unless I keep them for myself, of course. But I'm just going to hold onto them until the prices go up. What I've noticed is very few Xbox (or PS2) games will probably be numerically rare, but finding them in great condition - artwork not water damaged, case not beaten up, manual unbent, etc. - is rather uncommon. So if you haven't put too much in them, I'd just hold them. If anything, I doubt the value goes down.

My FS thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:59:32 PM
quiet451 (45)
(Schlitz Barrelman) < Meka Chicken >
United States

So true.  When I read the title of this thread I got angry and thought to myself, "What is he talking about, Xbox prices are awesome."  Then I opened the thread.

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:45:56 AM
AtariJay (0)
(jbob h) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: theclaw

Must be an import?

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:10:12 AM
supraderk (10)

< Eggplant Wizard >

Must be an import?

Yep. Came out in North America on the PS2 as Castle of Shikigami 2 though. It's a decent SHMUP that's probably more known for its horrendous voice acting (it's so bad it's good)

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:21:04 AM
AtariJay (0)
Ohio
Originally posted by: supraderk

Must be an import?

Yep. Came out in North America on the PS2 as Castle of Shikigami 2 though. It's a decent SHMUP that's probably more known for its horrendous voice acting (it's so bad it's good)

Is it region free? Are there region free Xbox games?

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:29:41 AM
supraderk (10)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: helloatarijason Is it region free? Are there region free Xbox games?

I'm pretty sure the Xbox game is region locked, but soft modding an Xbox is very easy which would allow you to play imports. Just seach the interwebs for softmod guides and find a copy of Mech Assault 1 or Splinter Cell.

Castle of Shikigami 2 on the PS2 is fairly cheap though, so if you just want to play it, that's the easiest option.

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:14:32 AM
GamingSuperHero (24)

(Game Super Hero) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario
Xbox is gonna get some hype soon. Its like another cousin of the Dreamcast. If i get a multi platform title its for the xb. Its usually the best version. I like some of the exclusives like Spikeout (which i have never seen once since EBgames had it when xbox games were still on shelves) Murakumo (awesome shooter type game) and Blackstone (kind of reminds me of Gauntlet Dark Legacy). Even Magic: Battlegrounds is an awesome game and it usually goes for like $5.

Edited: 11/19/2015 at 09:16 AM by GamingSuperHero

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:32:17 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana

I made this for a Facebook group last week. It's the top CIB prices for OG XBox games (excluding CEs or pack ins what-have-you):

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis $91.00
Teen Titans $47.75
Digimon Rumble Arena 2 $44.90
Futurama $42.66
OutRun 2006 $41.33
Star Wars Battlefront 2 $38.49
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth $36.49
Test Drive Eve of Destruction $36.12
Xyanide $34.98
Stubbs the Zombie $33.98

I also did a top PS2 list and only JP Operation Genesis crossed over. Don't let people here fool you some of these game are rare. I've yet to find a Futurama of Xyanide in person.

I got stacks of Futurama when the local Blockbusters went out, I havent seen it since, those made for some great tradebait.

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:36:52 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Sinnbox

I made this for a Facebook group last week. It's the top CIB prices for OG XBox games (excluding CEs or pack ins what-have-you):

Teen Titans $47.75
Futurama $42.66
OutRun 2006 $41.33
Xyanide $34.98
Stubbs the Zombie $33.98

I also did a top PS2 list and only JP Operation Genesis crossed over. Don't let people here fool you some of these game are rare. I've yet to find a Futurama of Xyanide in person.

I got stacks of Futurama when the local Blockbusters went out, I havent seen it since, those made for some great tradebait.

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis $91.00 -> Seen once, bought it, played it, and ended up selling it. 
Teen Titans $47.75 -> Seen once in the wild, priced at 50 dollars. Passed.
Futurama $42.66
OutRun 2006 $41.33 -> Only saw once, didn't realize how awesome it was so passed.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 $38.49 -> Have seen multiple times. Great game though, high demand.
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth $36.49 -> Saw this twice. Plan on picking it up the third time.
Test Drive Eve of Destruction $36.12 -> Didn't know this was worth anything.
Xyanide $34.98 -> Have never seen but is one of my most wanted games right now.
Stubbs the Zombie $33.98

The other ones I've never seen in the wild.

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:39:52 PM
AtariJay (0)
Ohio
Originally posted by: cirellio

Teen Titans $47.75
Futurama $42.66
OutRun 2006 $41.33
Xyanide $34.98
Stubbs the Zombie $33.98

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis $91.00 -> Seen once, bought it, played it, and ended up selling it. 
Futurama $42.66
OutRun 2006 $41.33 -> Only saw once, didn't realize how awesome it was so passed.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 $38.49 -> Have seen multiple times. Great game though, high demand.
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth $36.49 -> Saw this twice. Plan on picking it up the third time.
Stubbs the Zombie $33.98

I'm glad people are seeing some things that they might not have guessed were valuable and that way they dont get over looked in the future.   I got Call of Cthulhu for $17 early this year and said it would double in value in 2 years.  It's already there lol, the Xbox seems to sprout out games that shoot up in value quickly.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:40:19 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Heh, Cthulhu was a day one purchase for me. I've lost money on it.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:42:24 PM
Sinnbox (10)
Indiana
Originally posted by: Daria

Bit of both truthfully. 

I've always found that most collectors are resellers, but I think it's different than the resellers that get all the hate. I've been collecting since 98(activly), and have always picked up extra if I find it and flip to further my collection. 

The resellers that get the hate, atleast from me, are the ones that are just out for profit, and buy up all the stuff other local gamers would want just for the profit. I always post stuff in a local collector facebook group I created before flipping it online. I also rarely grab a game from stores fequented by gamers to flip unless it's sat there for a while.

The people around here that I would consider resellers are the ones that dont even play the games, and hit stores as soon as they open just to find stuff to sell online. They are also the ones trying to get top dollar for crappy games on craigslist.
Originally posted by: quiet451

So true.  When I read the title of this thread I got angry and thought to myself, "What is he talking about, Xbox prices are awesome."  Then I opened the thread.

My thoughts exactly! Xbox is at the price level that NES was when I got serious about collecting. I hated to see them rise like they did. The only good thing about high prices is that if you find stuff cheap enough you can flip it to add to the collection, but $50 will get you one good game now, where in 2000 it would get you a lot of 50+ games.

Collection Totals:

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:45:01 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois

Originally posted by: cirellio

Teen Titans $47.75
Futurama $42.66
OutRun 2006 $41.33
Xyanide $34.98
Stubbs the Zombie $33.98

Futurama $42.66
Stubbs the Zombie $33.98

I'm glad people are seeing some things that they might not have guessed were valuable and that way they dont get over looked in the future.   I got Call of Cthulhu for $17 early this year and said it would double in value in 2 years.  It's already there lol, the Xbox seems to sprout out games that shoot up in value quickly.

Just to be clear, the games I plan to pick up next time I see them are because I know more about the gameplay than I did before, not for speculation purposes.

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:47:59 PM
AtariJay (0)
Ohio
Sorry didn't mean to insinuate that. I know I hate finding out that a game a passed on was a good deal and I probably wouldn't have found it cheaper. With the exception of Operation Genesis and Futurama, from what I've seen, these are all good games. Futurama holds a soft spot for me as I loved the series so I'd like to find one at a reasonable price. Knowing market prices can help to know when to act.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:50:42 PM
Sinnbox (10)
Indiana

Sorry didn't mean to insinuate that. I know I hate finding out that a game a passed on was a good deal and I probably wouldn't have found it cheaper. With the exception of Operation Genesis and Futurama, from what I've seen, these are all good games. Futurama holds a soft spot for me as I loved the series so I'd like to find one at a reasonable price. Knowing market prices can help to know when to act.

I passed on what I thought was a gold colored NES sports game for $5 at a pawnshop when I was in highschool. I was just looking for zelda. I still kick myself over that, I'll never find a copy of NWC that cheap again.

Collection Totals: