Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

*Deep Breath* I'm beyond blown, my best find has turned into a nightmare Sealed collectors get in here, there's a lot to talk about

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:30:24 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
there was an ogre battle snes and some other snes rpgs too

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:31:28 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: MoeDown

So, the Popeye was one of the mintiest BB games I've ever seen. But there were no ventholes so I knew within 10 seconds from opening the package that it was fake. Upon closer inspection, there were no roller-marks, there was a thin line across the top of the box in the shrinkwrap...not a seam, a line??!... and all three top flaps had been inked where they were creased.

I contacted the seller and after 2 days of bullshit responses from him, I opened a dispute threatening to send it to VGA for verification, to which he granted the return. It is "out for delivery" right now. I'll let you know if he pays up.

where is the seller located moe?

is it pennsylvania or missouri / kansas area?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:32:24 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

So, the Popeye was one of the mintiest BB games I've ever seen. But there were no ventholes so I knew within 10 seconds from opening the package that it was fake. Upon closer inspection, there were no roller-marks, there was a thin line across the top of the box in the shrinkwrap...not a seam, a line??!... and all three top flaps had been inked where they were creased.

I contacted the seller and after 2 days of bullshit responses from him, I opened a dispute threatening to send it to VGA for verification, to which he granted the return. It is "out for delivery" right now. I'll let you know if he pays up.

Shouldn't you automatically get refunded through the eBay process when the item is marked as delivered?  I just opened an eBay dispute as well.

Also, this is the SAME EXACT Mega man pictured above.  I can tell right away.  Where did they originate from?

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:32:44 PM
MoeDown (72)
(big hed) < El Ripper >
United States
Didn't Yobo at Sealed Game Heaven end up buying the Kid Icarus for 2k and getting hosed in the dispute? I think he opened it and there was handwriting on the inside of the flap.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:33:22 PM
MoeDown (72)
(big hed) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Bronty

where is the seller located moe?

is it pennsylvania or missouri / kansas area?

Corbin, Kentucky

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:33:55 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: jonebone

Shouldn't you automatically get refunded through the eBay process when the item is marked as delivered?  I just opened an eBay dispute as well.

Also, this is the SAME EXACT Mega man pictured above.  I can tell right away.  Where did they originate from?

originally, the st louis area.   but that was years and years ago

Edited: 07/08/2011 at 06:34 PM by Bronty

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:34:38 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

If there is a single guy doing all of these, and you can quantify the difference in value between the sealed and unsealed version of the game (basically how much he's ripping people off), then this probably constitutes mail fraud that would be worth pursuing, since he's effectively selling forgeries.

The fact that he refunds the money when he gets caught, doesn't mean he didn't commit a criminal act.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:36:45 PM
blarky (37)
(b0rk b0rk) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

Didn't Yobo at Sealed Game Heaven end up buying the Kid Icarus for 2k and getting hosed in the dispute? I think he opened it and there was handwriting on the inside of the flap.

He did buy it, yes.  And there was handwriting on the inside flap, along with a hand-written, home made map of one of the fortresses.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:38:18 PM
blarky (37)
(b0rk b0rk) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

Blarky:

wish I had my old computer files. I had loooooots of black box pics from this reseal hoard back in the day

there was other stuff like sqoon, etc as well

So the story unfolds!  I never knew it was part of an even larger hoard.  Guess the "space junk" that's orbiting is still hitting other objects every now and then.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:40:41 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Originally posted by: blarky

*warning, don't get exicted, these are ALL reseals*

Wait a second!!!! You mean that Super Tennis is a reseal?!!?!?

Sorry, might as well at least try to laugh in a time like this. 

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:41:02 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
yep, there were more. in fact there was more than one of some of those titles even, like popeye.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:41:37 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon

He did buy it, yes.  And there was handwriting on the inside flap, along with a hand-written, home made map of one of the fortresses.

well, at least that fortress was a little easier to navigate

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:42:14 PM
MoeDown (72)
(big hed) < El Ripper >
United States
Just got the "notice left" message from USPS. Either nobody's home or nobody signed for the package.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:42:25 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

I can't imagine jeff would have bothered to reseal super tennis.   I bet it was just a cheap legit game thrown in to make the hoard seem more believable (not all A list titles this way)

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:43:59 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

I can't imagine jeff would have bothered to reseal super tennis.   I bet it was just a cheap legit game thrown in to make the hoard seem more believable (not all A list titles this way)

lol, I know   Just being humorous.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:46:05 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
yeah sadly the commando looks like it might be legit (from here)

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:46:59 PM
evilive138 (22)
(Mike Sherman) < El Ripper >
New Hampshire
So did this guy just go on some type of hunt for the nicest boxes you could possibly find and reseal them?

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:48:04 PM
Otter (73)
(T Otter) < King Solomon >
Washington
F'in crook.......some people piss me off.....

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:53:30 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

lol, I know   Just being humorous.

hah!  good one, ya got me!!

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:54:13 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: evilive138

So did this guy just go on some type of hunt for the nicest boxes you could possibly find and reseal them?

yeah.  the boxes were real cheap back then.    you could buy a cib for 20 bucks for most of these.   if that.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:55:36 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Robin M

well, at least that fortress was a little easier to navigate

Haha, first thing that came to my mind as well.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:55:48 PM
Dinoellis (58)
(Dino Ellis) < Lolo Lord >
California
What kind of sick fuck reseals Super Tennises? He must have had a rough childhood.....On a serious note, Sorry Jone that really sucks. That's why I'm wary of buying sealed games; especially on eBay from sellers I don't know.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:59:47 PM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
Man, that sucks!
I'm a bit surprised that the graders picked out the vent holes from under a microscope and not the marker you can kinda pick out from the pics.
I always wonder when these are discovered how many bought and sold them without knowing they were fake before it got picked up on.

GRRR!

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:01:34 PM
zeldaboy (162)
(Andrew DeRouin) < King Solomon >
Florida
Sorry to hear Jonebone, total crap As much as this sucks, it's good to see them catching stuff like this though. Things could have been way worse if they graded it and thought it was original, only for YOU to realize later that it was a fake. At least some faith in VGA is preserved I suppose. Good luck with it, I wish you the best.

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:04:02 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: cradelit

Man, that sucks!
I'm a bit surprised that the graders picked out the vent holes from under a microscope and not the marker you can kinda pick out from the pics.
I always wonder when these are discovered how many bought and sold them without knowing they were fake before it got picked up on.

they aren't going to sit there and list every single way which they knew it to be a reseal though....  that's just information that doesn't need to be out there.   one reason is good enough.   I know what you mean though.