Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Aug 30, 2012 at 6:12:48 PM
Xexyz (56)
< Little Mac >
Oregon
Hi everyone, I have been kicking around this idea for a while.  I really want to flesh out my store with reviews of the products, but I don't have time to write myself at this specific time.  Also I have a blog as well that is incredibly lonely that could use some reviews.  I would most likely use the same review in the blog and product area on the site.  The upcoming changes in google's seo and also future upgrades coming to the volusion store software have also prompted me to want to do this.

Now I don't have a million dollars to spend on this venture and I would want the reviews to be somewhat sizable, but not a 10 page novel either.  I was thinking in the realm of 500-750 words per review but I am flexible on that.  I know there are writer sites out there and freelancer sites and even craigslist, but I am hoping there are some writers here that may either be looking to get their name out with full credit or maybe make a few bucks or both.

I just feel the people here would give better retro reviews than other places.  As for price I honestly don't know what a fair going rate is for a review, but I would say to take into account you aren't ghost writing for me and I will promote you as the writer or if you want to remain anonymous that is an option too.

I would say that anyone who would be interested should pm me or leave a message here.  I don't know if this is really going to generate interest or not, but we'll see.

I would be very happy for any help I can get.  Also I hope this is obvious, but don't copy and paste a review from somewhere and say it's yours because I will double check all entries so that I am not copying reviews from other sites like amazon or gamefaqs or other big review sites.

This is all strictly small time and just an idea so if I don't get any responses then that's ok and i'll probably put it back on the back burner until I have the time to start doing these myself.

Also if anyone knows other people who might be interested or good sites to go look for people to promote this idea to that would be very cool as well.

Thanks everyone for reading and see you around,

Trevor the bald guy

Edited: 06/16/2013 at 05:51 PM by Xexyz

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:16:42 PM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Trevor is a stand up guy.
I bought some games from him a while back and he really went out of his way to get
tons of detailed pics on everything, all while juggling a new born daughter! (not literally of course)

I applaud you for looking for new reviews instead of taking them from other sources (as many other stores do).
Good luck with it and I look forward to doing more business with you soon.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:55:24 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Trevor - if I want to buy games from your site should I just go through the normal site procedures or go through the forums here? I was looking through the site and there are definitely some reasonable prices, and I LOVE the fact that for the most part, WYSIWYG, which is incredibly unique in an online gaming retailer.

Good luck with this particular endeavor. I wouldn't mind to do some reviews here and there, especially for the games I have already played. I consider myself a decent writer and this isn't something I could invest a LOT of time into, but I wouldn't mind to do a few of them.

-------------------------
Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:55:02 AM
daywalker2k2 (107)
(Marbin Batres) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Hey maybe i could write for you...i could give it a shot?? Just pm me and we can possibly get together and do this!!

Aug 31, 2012 at 2:59:08 PM
Xexyz (56)
< Little Mac >
Oregon
Originally posted by: spoonman

Trevor is a stand up guy.
I bought some games from him a while back and he really went out of his way to get
tons of detailed pics on everything, all while juggling a new born daughter! (not literally of course)

I applaud you for looking for new reviews instead of taking them from other sources (as many other stores do).
Good luck with it and I look forward to doing more business with you soon.

Thanks Matt, I sent you a pm and also just wanted to say thanks for the bump.  The image of me packing boxes and juggling my daughter made lol in real life here.  We'll see what comes of this and also I just looked at your store and I might be interested in some items.  I'll get back to you on that.  

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:03:00 PM
Xexyz (56)
< Little Mac >
Oregon
Originally posted by: sadikyo

Trevor - if I want to buy games from your site should I just go through the normal site procedures or go through the forums here? I was looking through the site and there are definitely some reasonable prices, and I LOVE the fact that for the most part, WYSIWYG, which is incredibly unique in an online gaming retailer.

Good luck with this particular endeavor. I wouldn't mind to do some reviews here and there, especially for the games I have already played. I consider myself a decent writer and this isn't something I could invest a LOT of time into, but I wouldn't mind to do a few of them.

Thanks so much for the interest and kind words sadikyo.  I do try to be unique and different and a store that I would want to shop at if I was buying items.  However this topic is more suitable for my sale/offer thread or through pm so i'll send you one in a little bit here with more info.

On the reviews side, really anything you could do would be a wonderful help.  I can take submissions by email at [email protected] or you can input directly on the site.  If we need to talk compensation then let me know about that as well.

Thanks!

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:05:49 PM
Xexyz (56)
< Little Mac >
Oregon
Originally posted by: daywalker2k2

Hey maybe i could write for you...i could give it a shot?? Just pm me and we can possibly get together and do this!!

Hey thanks so much for the interest and wanting to help.  I'll definitely send you a pm here in a bit and talk about this some more.

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:26:35 AM
chriskennedy82 (0)

(Chris Kennedy) < Cherub >
New Jersey
Hey Trevor,

My name is Chris. How are you? I am new here. But, I can tell you that I am an experienced gamer, as my first home video game system was the Atari 7800, which I got back in 1985 for my 3rd birthday!

If you are still looking for help, please pm me, as I'd love to write for you!

And I applaud you for not condoning plagarism, and I promise that all my material is original!

I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you so much! I'll talk to you soon!

Best,
Chris Kennedy

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:43:46 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
should I write a review in the product's review section, or do you prefer the review to be sent by email?

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:14:23 PM
SeanBrannon (2)
(Sean Brannon) < Cherub >
California
I'm down. PM me.

"Be who you are and say what you mean.  Because those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind" -Dr. Seuss 
"Go read a book you illiterate son of a bitch and step up yo vocab"-Bun B of UGK

PS2 games FT/FS 

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:17:27 PM
Xexyz (56)
< Little Mac >
Oregon
Thanks for more responses everyone. I am going to send out PMs to each of you soon. Thanks!

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:40:17 AM
Fierce Deity (0)
(Fierce Deity) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I'm interested. PM me as well. Thanks.

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:31:45 PM
joek (64)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
I might give it a try.. send me a PM as well! Thanks!

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:26:41 PM
Xexyz (56)
< Little Mac >
Oregon
More rounds of PMs sent, thanks so much!