Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My 2012 Best Finds In Chronological Order

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:54:58 AM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
So I have been saving all my great finds from last year to combine into one finders keepers. I am mainly focusing on lots but threw in a few other nice finds.  Most of this stuff has been added to my collection or already resold so please don’t send me offers for any of this stuff

1)Won a CIB Bubble Booble 2 CIB from a seller off ebay. I noticed he was local, so I asked him to meet in person and get a cash price ($30 off) and he agreed so it ended up costing me $300, box is damaged, but cart and manual were excellent. Sorry no pictures of this, the box is stored safely in my attic. While I was there, I asked if he had other games for sale. He told me he bought storage lockers which is where BB2 came from and he showed a box of the rest, At the time nothing jumped out at me, I offered him $100 explaining that most games are not worth anything close to BB2 that he got lucky getting the 4th most expensive NES game with the box and manual no less. He declined my offer. I went home, with this box of games still on my mind. I asked him to txt me pictures and he did. I offered him $200, he wanted $250, we settled on $225 of I pciked up that night. I keep 10 boxes I needed, including Tengen Tetris CIB, some snes games, some upgrades (most of the carts in the boxes were mint) I ended up more then doubling my money reselling the rest. Yes CIB MM6, and loose MM1, MM5. 3 NES-001 consoles, some Atari 5200 sealed games, and Yes a sealed "Deck" of Nintnedo playing cards hidden in there which went to Europe for $85

2) Nintendo Power Cragslist Find W/ Swag, I listed in FK before, I wont rehash
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&th...

3) Very Good Condition NES Deluxe Set, Power Glove CIB torn box, 20+ nes games, Sega Genisis Lethal Enforcers CIB Big Box, and a refurbushed original Xbox $150 Craigslist deal. I only took a picure of the Deluxe Set. I picked up a Duck Hunt box from an NA memember to complete it. Box is over all pretty nice.

4)Had anohter craigs list/ebay deal, cant find the link but the seller had this lot posted on ebay auction and cragslist. He was taking offers. It included ice climber cib, some of the cheaper black box games, other boxed games, loose system controllers,  $200- Kept some upgrades made a profilt of about $200. Sorry no pictures of this one

5)This next one is my best find of 2012. Don't you love when retro game stores have CIB nes games priced the same as if they are just loose carts? I had an hour to kill between jobs due to a client calling me telling me they were running late so I decided to stop by a retro gaming store on a local mall to kill some time. I almost had a heart attack when I walked in a found a very nice CIB Volley Ball priced at a whooping $4.99 among other low priced CIB NES games. I bought them all including a few behind the counter that did not make it to the shelf yet. He told me if I spent over $200 he wold give me 20% off. So for $165 I picked up all these (the snes boxes are boxes only that he also threw in for free).Yes, I think I at least trippled my money on this one, upgraded some black boxes, and a few N64 SNES games I needed. All the boxex sadly had price stickers on them, but I was able to remove them pretty cleanly for the most part. Yes that Volleyball is as nice as it looks!

6) Next up a pretty cool I item, I got from a different gaming store for my persistent offer $80 3do Demo NFR disk in a binder.It included and index that listed the first 6 games,15 games each on a product specific page, and a binder. My research shows this is 15 of the 17 3do Demo Disk (missing Station Invasion & Star Control II)

7) My last surprise find of 2012 very, very nice CIB Miracle Piano for the NES. I was working at a client’s house, the room I was working in she also used as a storage room. I noticed the Nintendo logo peeking through the clutter.  Now I do not usually solicit clients to buy things in their homes, but this thing was speaking it me lol. When I finished the job I asked her if that was the keyboard that worked with the Nintendo, she said, no it was a keyboard that her husband brought some from a flee market for her granddaughter years ago. I pointed out the Nintendo logo and asked if they even had a Nintendo and she said no. I asked if she would like to sell it, and she told me she would love to get it out of her house. She asked what I would pay, I told her $50 (not knowing if it was complete or even working, I never opened the box) She told me it was technically her daughters, so she would have to talk to her.  So I thought oh well, it was worth a shot…. So about I week later, I walk into my store, and  thought I was dreaming when I saw  this sitting next to my desk. My business partner told me this client dropped it off for me and that I could just mail her a check for $50. When I got it home to tested it, not only was it complete, but it was like new with the baggies and all. Yes the box has some tape on it and damage, but I could not be happier with the items inside.

Well they are my best finds of 2012. Hopefully 2013 is just as good for me 

-------------------------

My Wanted to Buy/Trade Thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

My Ebay Listings
http://www.ebay.com/sch/daillest/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&a...

Edited: 01/03/2013 at 12:57 AM by daillest

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:00:20 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
Wow, the Miracle piano even has the elusive foot pedal! Very nice, and that milk stout from left hand is good stuff too

-------------------------
Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...