Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What can you do on an Xbox 360 without an account I don't want to give them my info

Sep 18, 2017 at 4:51:36 PM
Kagemusha (65)
(Ralph ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Massachusetts
So, I broke out the old Xbox 360 the other day on a secondary tv to watch a couple of DVD's while I was doing something and it worked out great.  I still had a few games, so we had a blast playing party titles like You don't know Jack and Scene it.  Then I tried to download some games from the store and it asked how I wanted to pay.  I had bought a card at Target, to use for this purpose, but in order to do even that, I had to set up an account, and providing billing onfo just to use the prepaid card!!!  Just the other day, I picked up a copy of Final Fantasy XIII for $3 at the flea market, figured I would give it a shot, but it had to "update" Whoops...no account.  I have yet to try any games that I had previously downloaded to the system, or Netflix.

Basically, I'd like to know, besides playing DVD's and physical discs in my possesion, is there anything else I can do with this thing without giving my info away??

Sep 18, 2017 at 5:02:24 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Just make a basic XBox LIVE account. I believe all you need is a valid email address if you plan on never purchasing anything.

-------------------------
My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry