Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NES Top Loader systems... ...and all of the new knock offs

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:25:11 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Does anyone think the sudden flood of knock off NES systems out there has affected the price of real top loading NES systems? Before, it seems they were hovering around $100, but now it is more common to find them around $75. What is your opinion to the true value of a top loader? I want one for novelty sake, not really to play since I prefer my toaster. Does anyone have a broken top loader they want to part with (just for display purposes)

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:53:19 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I think it has came down some as well. I remember there for awhile they were selling for about 140-150 most of the time. They work sooo much better than a toaster does, well worth the 100 bucks to get one. I have even sale some sale for as little as 40 cause they weren't listed well. There are so many items that show if you type in top loader now that some cheap ones slip by from time to time. Stupid Clones
~~NGD

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:55:09 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
How did any of these clones come to be anyways? Did Nintendo's patents expire or something to that effect?

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:56:19 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Yes stupid clones. I had the opportunity to take one apart and you wouldnt believe just how crappy of quality those things are. Its almost criminal to sell these things, and is a disgrace to the real deal out there. BTW, is there anything more durable than a real NES after 20 years??? I think not!

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:58:53 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Thants exactly what happened Batty, and I bet we can expect the same of the SNES soon!

Apr 9, 2007 at 4:18:51 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
The simple reason they came down is because they're becoming harder to find for the sheer fact that at any given moment, there are 10,000 clones being sold, and all of them say, "top loader, loading, load," etc...

People likely get tired of trying to find one, having to sift through the other garbage. The clones would go away if people would stop buying them!

-Dain

Apr 9, 2007 at 5:39:39 PM
Gamefreak (1)
(Clint Shelton) < Crack Trooper >
California
BTW, is there anything more durable than a real NES after 20 years??? I think not!

It's been said that the only things to survive a nuke war would be cockroaches and the 8 bit N.E.S.

up up, down down, left right left right, B A, Start

Everything in the universe revolves around this code.

Apr 9, 2007 at 5:42:15 PM
BlueMadcap (6)
(Ben Mason) < Little Mac >
Australia
Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

I think it has came down some as well. I remember there for awhile they were selling for about 140-150 most of the time. They work sooo much better than a toaster does, well worth the 100 bucks to get one. I have even sale some sale for as little as 40 cause they weren't listed well. There are so many items that show if you type in top loader now that some cheap ones slip by from time to time. Stupid Clones

~~NGD

Yeah, they just are about 1 million times better in my opinion.
Sometimes they sell for high prices in Australia but thankfully alot of people don't realize what they are. I paid around $60AUD for mine and I'd have gladly paid twice that for the convenience. Plus I think they look a hell of alot better.