Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

$10 Later... A Wild CIB Mario Kart SNES Set Appeared!

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:23:29 PM
eightbithero (25)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(The Hero ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Originally posted by: tramfan3

Ive seen his ads on facebook, nothing predatory about them. Maybe she sent him a message saying she had it, and he said how much, who cares. What if it were a garage sale?

Wheres your finders keepers? i would like to hear about some of the deals you make on your way to 100k in sales.
Here's why I care, if OP had a gold store, and somebody walked in with $250 in gold, and he offered them $10, he'd be taking complete advantage of them. 

What's different about the wanted ad? He has a digital presence online, just looking for that little old lady to come in with her $250 with gold (in this case, a Super Nintendo.) 

However, according to everybody in this thread it's totally on the little old lady to know what she has. Sketch. 

-------------------------

Edited: 08/09/2015 at 10:24 PM by eightbithero

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:30:22 PM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: eightbithero

Originally posted by: zombi

Originally posted by: Mystjuph

Lol @ some of these posts.

I don't always come across great deals, so I'll take what I can get thankyouverymuch.

In my area I have to contend with reseale shops that send their employees out every morning to garage sales and thrift store to find cheap games as well as Ebay resellers with no jobs (apparently) that pounce on any new Craigslist posting that pops up.

And to be completely honest, I have offered more on a cheap item that I felt bad about...and you know what happened? That person thought it was odd that I did that, looked up the price on Ebay, then jacked up their price to match what they found online...

...So yeah, I'll take what I can get.

I wonder if some of the people posting here would also donate extra money to a thrift store if they found a box of incredible cheap games..

Don't sweat the ""honest"" folk. You did nothing wrong and it's not your job to inform the seller of the value. Also, at least your a collector. 99.9% of these people saying they would offer more are completely full of shit anyways. Good deals are hard to come by nowadays and you take what you can get. Peroid.

I'm not social justice warrior-ing anybody. What I am saying is that I guaran-fucking-tee that zombi had a wanted ad up in some way or fashion and made the seller offer up a price. 

If you're specifically asking for games, and then screwing people over through your wanted ads or in person at garage sales, you're a fucking scumbag. period. 

I've offered more than the asking price when I specifically asked for games maybe 10 times in the last four years and people are more than grateful. I'm glad some of you find it so unbelieveable that somebody would actually do the right thing and offer a fair price. I can't even tell you how many times I've offered more on craigslist to lock up a deal because a majority of collectors are willing to lowball any amount, anything for a great deal right? Why not take 30% of $100 instead of $0 of a $100.  Then you guys wonder why it's so much more difficult to find deals. 

I never said I make 100k on eBay, those are my total sales annually. 

I can only imagine the context of this one and OP taking advantage of this poor lady. Then you guys saying "well her der she should look it up." Or maybe OP who posts on a fucking NINTENDO FORUM should do the right thing and offer the lady a fair amount. Here's what I'll do, next week I'll post about how I bought a special needs guys Pokemon sealed mint collection for $5 so you can e-high-five me over that. Hey, he should look it up right? 

Lol. This is just getting out of hand. Calm down dude.

And, what was that about guaranteeing something?

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:31:19 PM
tramfan3 (25)

(Tim ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
He doesnt own a gold store, so i guess it doesnt matter. (wait, do you?)

8bit........

Do you routinely buy contra for 25 dollars knowing you can sell it for 32?

Or if you see contra for 5 dollars, do you pay it and happily move along? Offer 10? Offer 15?

Im not defending him, a deals a deal, look through my thread. I apparently "rip" people off all the time.

I was just wondering why you bragged about your sales as an "evil" reseller, when it kind of has nothing to do with any of this.

Edited: 08/09/2015 at 10:32 PM by tramfan3

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:32:33 PM
eightbithero (25)
Illinois
7 minutes ago huh?

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:33:46 PM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Uh. I took that this morning man. Jeeeeeeze.

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:34:31 PM
tramfan3 (25)

(Tim ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
This guy...

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:36:22 PM
Mystjuph (79)
(Kyle ) < Meka Chicken >
South Carolina

Originally posted by: Mystjuph

Lol @ some of these posts.

I don't always come across great deals, so I'll take what I can get thankyouverymuch.

In my area I have to contend with reseale shops that send their employees out every morning to garage sales and thrift store to find cheap games as well as Ebay resellers with no jobs (apparently) that pounce on any new Craigslist posting that pops up.

And to be completely honest, I have offered more on a cheap item that I felt bad about...and you know what happened? That person thought it was odd that I did that, looked up the price on Ebay, then jacked up their price to match what they found online...

...So yeah, I'll take what I can get.

I wonder if some of the people posting here would also donate extra money to a thrift store if they found a box of incredible cheap games..

Don't sweat the ""honest"" folk. You did nothing wrong and it's not your job to inform the seller of the value. Also, at least your a collector. 99.9% of these people saying they would offer more are completely full of shit anyways. Good deals are hard to come by nowadays and you take what you can get. Peroid.

I'm not social justice warrior-ing anybody. What I am saying is that I guaran-fucking-tee that zombi had a wanted ad up in some way or fashion and made the seller offer up a price. 

If you're specifically asking for games, and then screwing people over through your wanted ads or in person at garage sales, you're a fucking scumbag. period. 

I've offered more than the asking price when I specifically asked for games maybe 10 times in the last four years and people are more than grateful. I'm glad some of you find it so unbelieveable that somebody would actually do the right thing and offer a fair price. I can't even tell you how many times I've offered more on craigslist to lock up a deal because a majority of collectors are willing to lowball any amount, anything for a great deal right? Why not take 30% of $100 instead of $0 of a $100.  Then you guys wonder why it's so much more difficult to find deals. 

I never said I make 100k on eBay, those are my total sales annually. 

I can only imagine the context of this one and OP taking advantage of this poor lady. Then you guys saying "well her der she should look it up." Or maybe OP who posts on a fucking NINTENDO FORUM should do the right thing and offer the lady a fair amount. Here's what I'll do, next week I'll post about how I bought a special needs guys Pokemon sealed mint collection for $5 so you can e-high-five me over that. Hey, he should look it up right? 

Eh.

A: Yes you did: "Listen, i'm an evil reseller who sells over $100,000 a year on eBay"

B. Really? Your going to compare a person with a serious( I know you were trying to imply mental but we'll just say "special") disability to a "elderly woman"? Wtf, c'mon man...

C. How the hell do you KNOW that he has a ad up and even IF he does then he STILL isn't doing anything "scummy". We don't know if she said "what's it worth?" and from my own dealings most of the time they don't ask. They throw out a price or you do and you get to decide where to go from there..

D. You are seriously presumptuous..

Also, please get off your high horse. You may make "100k" or for all I give a hell $30k.. Not all of us can afford to pay even 10% of what these games/collectables are going for nowadays.. That does NOT make us bad people. Must be nice to be able to afford to be so fucking "noble".

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:37:12 PM
eightbithero (25)
Illinois

Uh. I took that this morning man. Jeeeeeeze.

That's cool, snap another and I'll shut the eff up. 

Also, I'm presumptous? I used the ebay dollar amount to explain that I have decent-ish grasp on how these deals go down. Not a brag. 

Edited: 08/09/2015 at 10:41 PM by eightbithero

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:44:12 PM
tramfan3 (25)

(Tim ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan

Also, I'm presumptous?

Yes.

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:53:07 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
People...it's a finders keepers thread. Not a thread asking you what you pay for it. OP doesn't really care what you would do. Give him his props and more on.

Aug 10, 2015 at 1:38:54 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Diablo, a nice 40-50 dollar title!

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:26:01 PM
Toad (5)
(Pierre-Yves Bilodeau) < Little Mac >
Quebec
Wow, nice find man !

Looking for: