NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

April No Fools! Well, maybe...

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:43:29 PM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: ryanflucas

Looks pretty spiffy. I look forward to mobile enhancements. I use Android and iOS devices and that Nintendo Age logo and guy in the bottom left corner gets in the way often. Sometimes he covers up the message window and I can't type anything.

I like the clock at the top right hand corner of the page, but the time is wrong. It's an hour fast for the time zone I selected.
You can disable the cornerstone (select: My Home, then Profile, and then Forum Settings) and then click "Yes" to block cornerstone.

Also, the clock above is the server time, not your local time.

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:46:10 PM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Actually, found another bug:

When I select to have 100 (or 75) Messages Per Page in the Forum Settings and select Save, it reverts back to 50 (I guess the default). However, selecting 25 or 50, it keeps the settings.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:19:28 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
For some reason, in the Random Good Bin 2 thread, I can't see the latest post by acomicbookguyc. There is no "next" button, even though it says he was the last poster. Maybe it has to do with there being 4225 posts in that thread?

ETA: works now that someone else posted. The same thing happened before though. I posted to see if it would show up and it did. I could see both my post and his. But I deleted my message, and it went back to hiding his. 

Not a big deal, just strange.

-------------------------
Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Edited: 04/09/2013 at 05:20 PM by MrClutch

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:34:21 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I haven't updated for a few days, but I wanted to chime in to say I should be getting to the next batch of fixes some time this week.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:35:14 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: MrClutch

For some reason, in the Random Good Bin 2 thread, I can't see the latest post by acomicbookguyc. There is no "next" button, even though it says he was the last poster. Maybe it has to do with there being 4225 posts in that thread?

ETA: works now that someone else posted. The same thing happened before though. I posted to see if it would show up and it did. I could see both my post and his. But I deleted my message, and it went back to hiding his. 

This might have something to do with users you've Foed. I know the paging system isn't 100% precise because of a slew of factors that can affect counts.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:38:36 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Dain

This might have something to do with users you've Foed. I know the paging system isn't 100% precise because of a slew of factors that can affect counts.

I have never foe'd anybody. I'm a likable and tolerant fellow.

It wasnt a big deal though, it was just weird because I couldnt get to his post until another post was made in that thread. Then it went to the next page where there were now 2 posts visible.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:41:35 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina

I have never foe'd anybody. I'm a likable and tolerant fellow.

It wasnt a big deal though, it was just weird because I couldnt get to his post until another post was made in that thread. Then it went to the next page where there were now 2 posts visible.

Hmm... that is pretty odd, but I've seen this before, on and off, for a long time. I've had a hard time pinpointing it, but I'll keep at it. I know there's some issue with user settings and paging, so perhaps that'll uncover the cause. I'll know more later this week.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:08:12 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
I had that same problem with that thread before your update. I just thought it was from the sheer size of that thread (maybe time to start Part 3?).

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:59:58 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
So does the little sun icon by the clock ever change? I've been watching it all week and nothing yet.....

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:57:21 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Will scoreboard be a points only unit (aptly named scoreboard)? Can it be utilized for speed runs as well?

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:27:21 PM
PolarBear (8)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(John Williams) < Meka Chicken >
United States
It used to be easier to navigate the big threads when we had the page numbers at the top. If you wanted to jump directly to page 4...you clicked on 4.

Now we have to click Next...Next....Next....Next to get to the fourth page for example.

The old version of the site actually had the page numbers at the top and bottom. Could we please go back to that. It's so much more conevenient when navigating threads etc.

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:58:46 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: PolarBear

Now we have to click Next...Next....Next....Next to get to the fourth page for example.

If you click the double arrow button >>  or  <<   it will bring you to the the last or first page.

Although I do also miss the page numbers but I don't think I used them for much more other then getting to the last or first page, which the arrow buttons take care of.

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:48:10 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Change the StartRow=XX in the URL in increments of what your post per page count is - bam, instant page(s).

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:09:56 PM
PolarBear (8)
United States
Originally posted by: Mog

If you click the double arrow button >>  or  <<   it will bring you to the the last or first page.

Although I do also miss the page numbers but I don't think I used them for much more other then getting to the last or first page, which the arrow buttons take care of.
that's the thing though.  For some threads, I know that what I want to read is on page 5 or 8 etc.  It used to be soo much faster to click on the page number.  Now I have to do a series of annoying "Next"s to get to it. 

For example, I like going back and looking at the Post Your Collections thread.  One of my favoirtes is Maximus Clean's collection.  He has a beautiful setup.  His pictures are on page 56 I think.  I challenge you to get to his pictures without clicking a ridiculous amount of "Next"s.   If you know of a faster way....by all means please let me know.

But again...I hope the page numbers are included again.  They're sooo convenient! 

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:13:30 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
I actually miss the 2, 3, 4, etc, as well. I've added it back, but I've altered how it works very slightly:

If you're on page 1, "Next" goes to page 2, then you'll see 3, 4, 5 (if there are that many posts). So now, it will show 3 pages forward, only one page previous ("Prev"). Thoughts? The old way showed 5 pages, 2 before the current page, 2 after. It also had the previous/next links as "< and >" as well as the go to beginning/end links "<< and >>". For this format, that seems like too much to me. I can change this up though, so if anyone is really vocal about a certain way, I'm all ears.

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:23:30 AM
ookii_risu (66)
(Tonya B) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
I think the old format was fine, and I think the numbers should be shown even on page 1. I would use the page numbers to jump to certain posts when returning to long threads. I think showing 5 page numbers is fine, but I wouldn't be opposed to showing more.

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:26:40 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: ookii_risu

I think the old format was fine, and I think the numbers should be shown even on page 1. I would use the page numbers to jump to certain posts when returning to long threads. I think showing 5 page numbers is fine, but I wouldn't be opposed to showing more.
I'm assuming it's 3 page links to fit the format of the site without having to alter much code. 3 is better than 0!

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:02:41 PM
PolarBear (8)
United States

I actually miss the 2, 3, 4, etc, as well. I've added it back, but I've altered how it works very slightly: If you're on page 1, "Next" goes to page 2, then you'll see 3, 4, 5 (if there are that many posts). So now, it will show 3 pages forward, only one page previous ("Prev"). Thoughts? The old way showed 5 pages, 2 before the current page, 2 after. It also had the previous/next links as "< and >" as well as the go to beginning/end links "<< and >>". For this format, that seems like too much to me. I can change this up though, so if anyone is really vocal about a certain way, I'm all ears.
Dain, please let us return to the old format. That would be great.  Navigating big threads is still slightly cumbersome right now...even though I appreciate the fact that you did incorporate page numbers.  In my opinion, the more page numbers...the better

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:16:02 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina

I actually miss the 2, 3, 4, etc, as well. I've added it back, but I've altered how it works very slightly: If you're on page 1, "Next" goes to page 2, then you'll see 3, 4, 5 (if there are that many posts). So now, it will show 3 pages forward, only one page previous ("Prev"). Thoughts? The old way showed 5 pages, 2 before the current page, 2 after. It also had the previous/next links as "< and >" as well as the go to beginning/end links "<< and >>". For this format, that seems like too much to me. I can change this up though, so if anyone is really vocal about a certain way, I'm all ears.
Dain, please let us return to the old format. That would be great.  Navigating big threads is still slightly cumbersome right now...even though I appreciate the fact that you did incorporate page numbers.  In my opinion, the more page numbers...the better

Fair enough, I've enabled the old format, but using the larger styles. I can't handle the tiny text on my iPad... I'm too damn old to see it

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:27:07 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
The new size is great, so much easier on my iphone.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:28:20 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Whoo! Color TV Game and Game & Watch has been added!

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.