Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

$13 sunset riders :D

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:14:49 PM
Pokekidjosh (1)
(Josh Copeland) < Crack Trooper >
North Carolina
Went to a local used game store and i Hate this place, they almost always over charge, people there are rude, and 90% of their inventory are sports games but its right next to my fav chinese restraunt so i stop in every now and again. So i start looking at the snes games and i see 2 copys of sunset riders with sticker that say 19.99. I ask the lady if i can look at them so she hands 1 to me and its like half yellow, so i ask if i can see the other copy. this one is in Very good condition, but i notice the back sticker with the barcode has $12.99 on it. So i say ill buy it. We go to the register when she sees the 12.99 and realizes she has to sell it to me for that. so i pay her and walk out the store with my awesome new game Only con is the sticker with the barcode is DIRECTLY over the warning label on the back  ( Sorry about no pics, Camera has been acting up recently.  

-------------------------
Peanut butter dog says buy my stoof! :D

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Derp,

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:20:06 PM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Great game. I got mine at a flea market for $3 a long ass time ago, probably around 2002, didn't know it was a decently uncommon until I joined NA. It's also a really fun one

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:21:10 PM
Pokekidjosh (1)
North Carolina
Yeah, and its hard too! That or i'm really bad at it LOL, Popped it in for about half an hour and couldn't get pass the first boss!

Derp,

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:22:48 PM
Alder (52)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Pokekidjosh

Yeah, and its hard too! That or i'm really bad at it LOL, Popped it in for about half an hour and couldn't get pass the first boss!
I think I've only ever made it to level 3.  It's got a nice Contra vibe to it.  It's actually a port of an arcade game.

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:27:56 PM
Pokekidjosh (1)
North Carolina
Huh, I didn't know that, but hey i don't know much, i only started collecting in june or so, Plus i'm only 14 and growing up the only " Arcade" Games around were the hunting games, ms pacman and galaga

Derp,

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:31:32 PM
Alder (52)
Pennsylvania

Huh, I didn't know that, but hey i don't know much, i only started collecting in june or so, Plus i'm only 14 and growing up the only " Arcade" Games around were the hunting games, ms pacman and galaga
Wow, 14!  I'm 20.  But dang.  Wow.  Lots of new collectors.  That's cool .  I've never really been to a retro arcade, the oldest arcade machine I remember from my childhood is that big 6-player X-Men game and lots of hunting/racing games around the N64 era.  I don't really think I ever "started" collecting at some point.  It's just, at some point I realized "whoa, I have a lot of games."   Been picking them up at yard sales and flea markets with my mom since I was in elementary school.

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:34:40 PM
Pokekidjosh (1)
North Carolina
I started collecting because for the last year ive been buying stuff at yard sales and thrift stores to resell and i started to realize that the old game stuff was far superior to my 360 and wii, so i decided to start collecting in june. My biggest regret is last year when i bought only to sell, i got a vextrex in the box ( box was badly beat though ) And 10-15 CIB games a loose controller and a CIB controller, all for $50, i sold it then for $250 although its probably worth double that now, plus i really wish i still had it because it was just pure awesomeness with a controller and a screen!

Derp,

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:42:12 PM
Alder (52)
Pennsylvania

I started collecting because for the last year ive been buying stuff at yard sales and thrift stores to resell and i started to realize that the old game stuff was far superior to my 360 and wii, so i decided to start collecting in june. My biggest regret is last year when i bought only to sell, i got a vextrex in the box ( box was badly beat though ) And 10-15 CIB games a loose controller and a CIB controller, all for $50, i sold it then for $250 although its probably worth double that now, plus i really wish i still had it because it was just pure awesomeness with a controller and a screen!
Ah I've never come across anything Vectrex.  But I did find a RCA Studio II CIB with 7 games for $20 last month ... I like games on all platforms and still play current stuff.  I like games in general and collect them all basically.. which is a problem when it comes to subsets.  But we all have selling regrets.  I sold a mint CIB FireRed for $13, Pikachu SP, sealed original game boy, stuff like that.. but nothing too bad.  I think it was zeldaboy I was talking to who had a CIB Myriad or Cheetahmen 2 or something and let it go for cheap years ago.  

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:45:49 PM
Pokekidjosh (1)
North Carolina
Ouch that hurts.

Derp,

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:36:27 AM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
Nice find Poke! Yeah Sunset Riders is pretty much Contra in the Wild West. Great game and not a bad price for it. It isn't that hard, it is mostly memorizing enemy patterns and level layouts, though the harder difficulties with limited lives and continues will be a challenge. Grab a friend because it is a great co-op experience.

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:17:53 AM
TobyManhattan (23)
(Jamie T) < Meka Chicken >
Canada
I love Sunset Riders. My friend leaves his copy at my house, but I'm still looking for one of my own.

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:57:38 AM
ndcapo (42)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Dakota
I need to get this cart! I remember playing this at my friend's house on the weekends. I also remember the arcade. I have seen a copy local, but they want more then $20 for it. Nice grab IMO.

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:05:22 PM
Pokekidjosh (1)
North Carolina
Thanks guys!

Derp,

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:32:13 PM
ulasamosa (280)
(James Ulizza) < Bowser >
Ohio
love Sunset Riders. play it on my Genny all the time.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:48:49 PM
Alder (52)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: ulasamosa

love Sunset Riders. play it on my Genny all the time.
Ah, I've never played the genesis version!  I actually picked it up at a yard sale a few months ago for a whopping $2 but never popped it in yet.  Any major differences?  I know Aladdin is completely different on SNES.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:45:45 AM
Samhain (33)
(Trevor Fediuk) < El Ripper >
Ontario
I hate you Pokekidjosh and Alder. I have the box the manual, but no cart. I can't find it for less than $35-$40.

Holes in my collection that need to be filled:
NES Carts:
Click here
NES Manuals  : Click here
NES Boxes: Click here
My For Sale Thread: Click here

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:44:20 AM
Pokekidjosh (1)
North Carolina
They still have that $20 half yellow cart if you want it, Trevor haha

Derp,

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:06:50 PM
Samhain (33)
(Trevor Fediuk) < El Ripper >
Ontario

They still have that $20 half yellow cart if you want it, Trevor haha

The only yellow cart I want is DK64. Thanks though. 

Holes in my collection that need to be filled:
NES Carts:
Click here
NES Manuals  : Click here
NES Boxes: Click here
My For Sale Thread: Click here

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:14:16 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Alder

Ah, I've never played the genesis version!  I actually picked it up at a yard sale a few months ago for a whopping $2 but never popped it in yet.  Any major differences?  I know Aladdin is completely different on SNES.

Oh, yeah! There are quite a bit differences. The levels are different, sans a couple.
 The biggest change that most people notice is that the Indian level on the SNES didn't have the Indians. Overall the SNES is the better game, IMO.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:32:44 AM
xmarltonx (98)
(Glenn ) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
This game is AWESOME! Enjoy!

I'm a loner Dottie. A Rebel.

Wanna buy stuff? Click here!