Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nerdy Nights Sound intro About the Nerdy Nights Sound series

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:39:03 AM
MetalSlime (0)
(Thomas Hjelm) < Crack Trooper >
Japan
People are starting to complete the Nerdy Nights tutorial series and we're seeing a lot of new homebrewers in the forum.  This is great!  One question that a lot of people ask after finishing up their Pong game is "how do I do sound?"  Well, I hope to teach you .

The plan is to have a series of tutorial that take you from having no sound to having a working music/sfx engine.  We'll start very simple (making a beep) and work our way up.  These tutorials will assume that you have completed the original Nerdy Nights tutorials (I won't reteach binary or 6502).

And I'm going to steal bunnyboy's disclaimer and re-use it as my own:

And finally these will not be without errors to begin with and may not be the absolute best way to do anything. People develop their own programming styles and this is just mine...

-------------------------
MetalSlime runs away

My nesdev blog: http://tummaigames.com/blog...

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:59:29 PM
hanter (0)

< Cherub >
Hi, MetalSlime. Your website and download files is out of date. Do you update this resources? 

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:57:58 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: hanter

Hi, MetalSlime. Your website and download files is out of date. Do you update this resources? 

You may be waiting a long time on a reply. He hasn't logged into NA since 2014.

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:05:58 AM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
plus when you attack him he just flees. super annoying.

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:18:27 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: zi

This is simply the perfect post for this thread, we can now lock it in peace gentlemen!

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:07:54 AM
hanter (0)

< Cherub >
Hah, fc/nes go out of fashion now.I fisrt play nes game in 199x, now it's 2016.Hah, Im's old man.

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:04:49 AM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: guillavoie

Originally posted by: zi

This is simply the perfect post for this thread, we can now lock it in peace gentlemen!

Can we start this? LIP - Lock In Peace

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:31:59 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
There's no need to lock a perfectly good thread, someone has the files I'm sure, and where else to ask. Perfect reply though Zi .

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com