Sep 25 at 10:19:27 AM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: startyde

Originally posted by: CaLan87

Originally posted by: Bellanca SuperViking

Does any one have a example/pic of the WATA 'deep badge' upgrade that you can get for $8 on 9.0 or higher games?

I wondered what that looked like too when i saw the option. did you ever see anything?

I opted for Deep Badge and this is what I received.

I not entirely sure the difference, tbh. 

Thought it was a hologram on the side of the case or something.  It should say on the website. 

If it's on the side, I'm an idiot and missed it completely. I'll check after work.

From the site:

Visually Stunning, Canyon Drive Technologies has provided Wata Games with “Deep”, a new array technology that created true three dimensional depth into a two dimensional composite based product. One side of the sheet contains an array of tiny spherical lenses, borrowing from nature’s honeycomb design. This unique design results in a 99.9% fill factor, previously unachievable in any lens array graphic arts material. A wide variety of specially prepared patterns can be printed on the reverse side of the sheet, where the lenses magnify the patterns to create outstanding 3D depth, motion, and color-shifting effects. Interlacing can also be used to create dramatic 3D “integral” imagery.

Canyon Drive Technologies integrates Deep into a variety of labels and badges, usually with the Flow that you see Wata’s grade printed on, to create visually striking security products that cannot be duplicated with traditional copying technologies or mechanisms. It is a subtle, yet extraordinary, second step that make labels and badges truly one of a kind and impossible to recreate.

-------------------------

Edited: 09/25/2019 at 10:20 AM by startyde

Sep 25 at 11:57:45 AM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I am not grasping what the GEN stands for on the case. lol

Rather than classifying it as a prototype, they chose to classify it as "genuine". 

I'm not sure they know exactly what it is, but they know that it wasn't made in my garage.

I legitimately thought it was like a Genesis designation when I first opened it up haha.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 25 at 2:37:47 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Interesting. Are they making a distinction between a prototype and internal sample? What is that difference, that game being finished? I'm not super versed in prototypes, I would basically call anything like a prototype.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 09/25/2019 at 02:38 PM by DefaultGen

Sep 25 at 6:37:32 PM
A_Feisty_Pickle (6)

(Jeremy ) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas
Over 3 months later my PS2 Futurama is finally graded! Can't wait to get it back... 9.8 A+!

Sep 25 at 7:02:23 PM
NesQuest (7)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Interesting. Are they making a distinction between a prototype and internal sample? What is that difference, that game being finished? I'm not super versed in prototypes, I would basically call anything like a prototype.

I wondered the same thing.  I’d also like some clarification!

Sep 25 at 7:06:23 PM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: A_Feisty_Pickle

Over 3 months later my PS2 Futurama is finally graded! Can't wait to get it back... 9.8 A+!

Thats one mint PS2 game, grats dude.

Sep 25 at 7:42:12 PM
Bellanca SuperViking (2)

< Cherub >

Originally posted by: CaLan87

Does any one have a example/pic of the WATA 'deep badge' upgrade that you can get for $8 on 9.0 or higher games?

I wondered what that looked like too when i saw the option. did you ever see anything?

I opted for Deep Badge and this is what I received.

I not entirely sure the difference, tbh. 

startyde, I'm not seeing a picture of what you recived? Still would like to see what this looks like if someone can provide a pic, thanks.

Sep 25 at 11:10:00 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands

startyde, I'm not seeing a picture of what you recived? Still would like to see what this looks like if someone can provide a pic, thanks.

It’s tough to show in pics since it’s a hologram on the side of the case, but here you are. First is without. Second is with. 

No Deep Badge
Dat Deep Badge

Edited: 09/25/2019 at 11:14 PM by MinusWorlds

Sep 25 at 11:32:16 PM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
^
Very nice. I completely didnt even see mine, I thought it was an augment to the front label. The more you know!

Sep 26 at 2:27:25 AM
Bellanca SuperViking (2)

< Cherub >
Thank you Minus, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thats pretty cool and might be something I get on my higher end items.

Sep 26 at 8:05:12 AM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands

^
Very nice. I completely didnt even see mine, I thought it was an augment to the front label. The more you know!
You know what’s funny? I opted for it on Ice Climber. It was the first game I ever submitted. I knew it got a high enough grade but for the life of me I couldn’t find the “Deep Badge” and I was too embarrassed to ask where it was. Then one day I was like I’m gonna find this thing and like 6 months later I found it. Lol. 

Originally posted by: Bellanca SuperViking

Thank you Minus, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thats pretty cool and might be something I get on my higher end items.
No problem. I really like it. In person it has great dimension. I opt for it all the time now.