Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Nintendo Aftermarket Price Guide Homebrews/Repros/Translations/Ports/Unreleased Games. Prices taken from the internet and listed inside.

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:41:28 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Originally posted by: Lincoln

that nwc sold for $275 http://item.ebay.com/200952499264. also has manual and signed by Thor.

That's weird. I guess because I was watching it, when I looked at it it showed me the BIN list price, that they accepted a best offer, but didn't say what it was for me. It still had $499 on it, so I took a guess as to what offer they might have taken. I erred on lower. Man, that's odd.

I think it has to do with the url you use to view the listing. I typed in the url the short way vs the long link ebay gives by default and for whatever reason the page loads differently. 

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:28:38 AM
Faltain1 (112)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(~Faltain~ ) < King Solomon >
United States
Has anyone actually seen a copy of Frog Feast for sale...?

Barring that: does anyone here know someone or have a copy themselves? Just curious where the ones he made went.

To-do manuals: Arabian Knights, Gulliver Boy, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Flying Hero
Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:43:50 AM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Faltain1

Has anyone actually seen a copy of Frog Feast for sale...?

Barring that: does anyone here know someone or have a copy themselves? Just curious where the ones he made went.
I own a SNES Frog Feast cart so yeah they are out there, just wasn't many of them.

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:47:41 PM
Vandy (45)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Is it really this easy to make money from collectors?

Theoretically, you can release your own homebrew NES game that consists of pushing the 'B' button to make Mario fart and then discontinue production after 10 carts.

By labelling it as "Unavailable" or "Discontinued", you can just release a few more carts and sell them for 3 times the price.

What an enterprising opportunity.

Really, though, what makes something like "Mr. Gimmick by Retrozone" more valuable than Mr. Gimmick by Timewalk? It's the same game, simply produced by someone else.

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:03:59 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Update Bump!

Hyperlinked some things. Added some games.
  • Magic Block LE
  • Breath of Fire 2 LE
  • Duck Tales Press Kit

Originally posted by: Vandy

Is it really this easy to make money from collectors? Theoretically, you can release your own homebrew NES game that consists of pushing the 'B' button to make Mario fart and then discontinue production after 10 carts. By labelling it as "Unavailable" or "Discontinued", you can just release a few more carts and sell them for 3 times the price. What an enterprising opportunity.

Really, though, what makes something like "Mr. Gimmick by Retrozone" more valuable than Mr. Gimmick by Timewalk? It's the same game, simply produced by someone else.

Where to start, here...

Yes, if what you mean is that you want to take the time to learn how to code, write a game from scratch, buy the hardware to dump it on, sell that game CIB after designing the packaging and instruction manual, then yes, it is really easy to make money. And to be clear, I would buy a LE cart of just Mario farting when I press a button. It would take two sprites, someone get on that. If you could hack the SMB background in there, that would be awesome. No castle, just trees and sky.

As for the distinction between games, such as something done by Retrozone vs Timewalk. I think you want to have a philosophical debate on the prices of homebrews and reproductions, but this isn't that place. I highly recommend you start a different thread and pursue that topic. I'll chime in with my two cents, what they may be worth.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:57:03 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Accidentally ran across a new game and then realized Coinheaven has done a ton of cool releases I didn't know about. Added the following to the list:

• Punch-Out!! Gold
  • Metal Force
  • Metal Force LE
  • Super Pitfall 2 CE
  • Miss Peach World Pink
  • Panesian 3 in 1 Pink
  • Nyan Cat

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 09/15/2013 at 10:57 PM by Ferris Bueller

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:18:00 AM
Faltain1 (112)
United States
1. We're (Vlad + myself) extending the Breath of Fire 2: Retranslated Limited Edition run we did to 20 copies. There's a large demand and we have no issue making a few more to put out there.

2. Unless something drastically changes, (or unforeseen costs arise), we will always only charge 125$ + shipping for any of our Limited Editions. It's a fair # considering the time + effort and capital involved in making these things happen.

If down the road we do something fun like a tin-box or big treasure chest (Fire Emblem anyone?!), then we will of course charge more then the 125$. But for now it's 125$ + shipping.

Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:59:50 AM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia

Also you need to add the Escape from Atlantis CIB prototype reproduction. There were only 25 made and you had to supply your own color dreams donor cart to get it! One thread estimated $100-$150 but I'm not sure on that value.
Is this for certain? I thought you could still send in donor carts and get these made? Which is why I didn't include.
Yes, we only made 25 of these and that's all that will ever be made.  It was a joint effort between me and nesmas12.

Sep 16, 2013 at 4:51:13 PM
Game Core (52)
(Paul Truitt) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Hey I have a music making game I couldnt find on your list. http://www.heavyw8bit.com/nes_syn... It is a really cool nes drum machine. I have one and I love it.

Too Many Games 16
June 24-26th 2016 ( NOT FATHERS DAY WEEKEND )
http://toomanygames.com/gamer/NA

Bands, Vendor Room, Descendents Of Erdrick, Panels, AVGN, Super Best Friends Play, Vinesauce, Keith Apicary, Giveaways ETC

Sep 16, 2013 at 4:52:08 PM
Game Core (52)
(Paul Truitt) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Wait sorry that is the synthsizer he did. Beatbox is the Drum machine. It is also on that site. Both alot of fun.

Too Many Games 16
June 24-26th 2016 ( NOT FATHERS DAY WEEKEND )
http://toomanygames.com/gamer/NA

Bands, Vendor Room, Descendents Of Erdrick, Panels, AVGN, Super Best Friends Play, Vinesauce, Keith Apicary, Giveaways ETC

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:27:06 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Wow. Another big update. I never thought I would be adding this many games at this time, but I missed a ton of stuff. Thanks Paul for the synth stuff, which is super badass. Now I have to find copies...

Added to the list:
  • BEATBOX,
  • NESK-1,
  • NOFX LE,
  • Recca Summer Carnival 92',
  • Road Kill Beta Proto,
  • Chunkout, for GBC,
  • 2004 mbit Competition, for GBA,
  • Anguna, for GBA,
  • Blast Arena, for GBA,
  • Gorf, for GBA,
  • Homebrew GamePack, for GBA,
  • Motocross Challenge, for GBA,
  • Christmas Double Pack, for GBA,
  • Pikilipita, for GBA,
  • Reaxion, for GBA,
  • Thrust, for GBA,
  • Qwak, for GBA, and
  • XE Gamepack.
What's that diamond game that got released? Or is that considered legit since they went through Nintendo?

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:29:55 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Metal Force on nes is out of 100 I think. Joe still sells it on the site last I checked. The original thread said only 50 on the original post, but I know for a fact that there are more than that.

Dragon Scroll CIB also by Joe just sold out, so the value may change on that one now that it's no longer available.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:49:03 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
I know I mentioned the Teal Campout Edition Powerpak that I got at the Campout Auction. I'm pretty sure I bought it for $300. I think there was only 1 of those made.

Also, I did 4 different numbered Mother 3 releases. I have all the auctions saved, PM me if you want them all!

First one was at the Campout Edition, 10 made in a red DS case. There were auctions at campout and here at NA $40-$70.

Second was the "Non Campout" Edition, 10 made in a red DS case numbered N1-N10. All auctions on NA $95-$215.

Third was the Small GBA size box which had 10 released. All auctions here on NA from $260-$326.

Finally was the Big Box version with a GBA box and hard cover guide inside which had 10 released. All auctions here on NA from $415-$780.

I also have a prototype of each of these releases (only one red DS proto).

Next there is a black prototype CIB that I think only 2-3 exist (others are gwyndion and fsped).

Last, I have an original prototype Mother 3 english cart.

Insanity!

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:52:53 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: thesubcon3

I know I mentioned the Teal Campout Edition Powerpak that I got at the Campout Auction. I'm pretty sure I bought it for $300. I think there was only 1 of those made.

There were 4 total Campout Edition Powerpaks that came in a teal case.

Dain owns 1.

You own 1.

I still have mine, and well I'm not 100% where #4 ended up..

South Carolina I think ?

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:56:27 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
Texas
Originally posted by: Paul

There were 4 total Campout Edition Powerpaks that came in a teal case.

Dain owns 1.

You own 1.

I still have mine, and well I'm not 100% where #4 ended up..

South Carolina I think ?

Was the 4th one the winner of a competition or was that just the original HBWC? Maybe I was just drunk too....... hmmm

www.hagensalley.com

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:00:52 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas

Also, I did 4 different numbered Mother 3 releases. I have all the auctions saved, PM me if you want them all!

First one was at the Campout Edition, 10 made in a red DS case. There were auctions at campout and here at NA $40-$70.

Second was the "Non Campout" Edition, 10 made in a red DS case numbered N1-N10. All auctions on NA $95-$215.

Third was the Small GBA size box which had 10 released. All auctions here on NA from $260-$326.

Finally was the Big Box version with a GBA box and hard cover guide inside which had 10 released. All auctions here on NA from $415-$780.

I also have a prototype of each of these releases (only one red DS proto).

Next there is a black prototype CIB that I think only 2-3 exist (others are gwyndion and fsped).

Last, I have an original prototype Mother 3 english cart.

Insanity!

This hot mess is exactly why I hadn't added it yet. I mean seriously... Why'd you have to make so many?!?!

Yeah, the list is getting there. I went through Udisi's thread the other day and caught some games. I need to go back through this one and make sure I've added everything that's been mentioned. Obviously missing this teal thing everyone's talking about.  

Sep 23, 2013 at 9:45:56 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Here's the pic of the campout version:

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:58:56 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
Texas
Originally posted by: Dain

Here's the pic of the campout version:

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Element.View&egI...

Nice! I highly disagree with the 4 for rarity though lol

www.hagensalley.com

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:41:25 PM
Faltain1 (112)
United States
Our Breath of Fire 2: LE winded up going up to 20 (21 counting my #0 copy).

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:06:55 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Well, added some more titles to the mix. I think it's getting to a very nice place, much like my collection, almost complete. Here's what's new:
  • Mobile Suit Z Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Z Gundam, Gold
  • NA Halloween 2009 (this time I really added it!)
  • NA Halloween 2009 - 2012 Campout Edition
  • SNES PowerPak
  • SNES PowerPak, Teal Campout Edition
  • GBA Mother 3
  • GBA Mother 3 Bix Box
  • DS Mother 3, Campout Edition
  • DS Mother 3
Oh man! I knew I was forgetting something. Uncle Tusk did some carts this year for the Tetris World Championships at PRGE. He did 32 for the people who qualified for the tourney on Sunday, then I believe 50 gold copies for general sale. No joke, Jonas gave his #1 copy away to some random fan on Sunday. I'll see if I can find links for this stuff later. Not sure it was really advertised prior.
  • Tetris World Championship
  • Tetris World Championship, Player's Edition
Doh! Forgot Khan's new release, too!
  • Study Hall
  • Study Hall, Limited Edition

Edited: 10/27/2013 at 06:16 PM by Ferris Bueller

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:12:36 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Round 9. And..... PRICE!

Battle Kid   Battle Kid 2   Nomolos
$85   $120   $40

$100   $120   $65

$85   $75   $70

$95   $90   $50

Battle Kid   Battle Kid 1&2, CIB   Exploding Fist
$55   $500   $125

Battle Kid   SNES Campus Challenge NWC
$55   $180   $165

Battle Kid   SNES Campus Challenge NWC
$80   $170   $130

Dragon Feet   SNES PowerPak   NWC
$80   $150   $165

Dragon Leap   NES PowerPak   Don Doko Don
$70   $150   $70

Dragon Leap   VB SD Gundam   Don Doko Don
$75   $160   $65

Princess Rescue   VB SD Gundam   Pirate Booty
$180   $145   $80

Princess Rescue   Blox   NyanCat
$215   $100   $60

Princess Rescue (PRGE)   Makai Island   Guardian Legend SE (PRGE)
$130   $45   $50

Princess Rescue   Super Maruo    
$105   $85    

And just for fun!        

LoZ Test Cart   Halo 2600   Sealed Racermate
$1,200   $100   $1,350

Super Mario Frustration   Halo 2600   2 Sharp Controllers
$140   $90   $130

Edited: 10/28/2013 at 10:14 AM by Ferris Bueller

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:20:16 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Had some computer problems the past few months and the last update got lost. Redid it all, but forgot to update the prices. Look for that in the near future!

Redid some formatting, did some spell checking, and added 8 Bit Xmas 2013.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:19:07 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Worked on a major overhaul past couple days. Mostly backend stuff, but some minor things you'll see here.
  • Updated prices on a lot of stuff, all based on recent sales
  • Added run total for Action53
  • Moved PowerPak SCE to right place
  • Corrected run total for Spy vs Spy: Island Caper
  • Added price to Faceball: Remastered
  • Fixed some spelling errors
  • Gave Kreese credit for PAL Project

Round 10.... Price!

PowerPak   Battle Kid   Battle Kid 2
$165   $85   $80

PowerPak   Battle Kid   Battle Kid 2
$205   $55   $35

PowerPak   Battle Kid   Battle Kid 2 (x2)
$200   $55   $85

SNES PowerPak   Battle Kid 1+2 (x2)   Mr. Gimmick
$115   $130   $135

SNES Campus Challenge   NWC 1990   Mr. Gimmick
$77   $160   $100

Buzz and Waldog   NWC #89   Princess Rescue
$100   $150   $110

Megaman 10 Press Kit #13/60   Dragon Leap   Princess Rescue
$180   $80   $400

Megaman 9 Press Kit (x3)   Vs SMB   Metal Force #34/50
$1,025   $60   $130

Recca Summer Carnival '92   Hoppin/ Mad   Action53
?   $100   $50

And just for fun!        

Super Mario Evolution   Sharp Remote   NES Chip Tester
$125   $55   $400

Super Scope Test Cart        
$450        

Edited: 12/15/2013 at 02:17 PM by Ferris Bueller

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:22:46 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Time to do some NA pricing. First up, Qix's sales!

NWC - Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2011 Retrozone/Robin Mihara Release  - #7/42 - SOLD PRICE $225
Sudoku 2007 - Retrozone SIA-SU-GBL-2, discontinued - label has wear - SOLD PRICE $100
Metal Force (rockman like clone) - Coinheaven Special Edition - #28/50 - SOLD PRICE $50
Super NeSnake 2 - Retrozone release + manual, unavailable - SOLD PRICE $75
Pirate Booty - Retrozone release, discontinued - SOLD PRICE $125
Geminim/Siamond: 2 Games in 1 - Retrozone release, unavailable - SOLD PRICE $55
Splatterhouse - Retrozone release, discontinued - SOLD PRICE $162.50
Bioforce Ape Competition Cart (black) - Cinematic Bazaar - 30 made - SOLD PRICE $100
Time Driver: Eon Man Collectors Edition - Coinheaven - SOLD PRICE - $175
Devil World - UncleTusk - Limited Edition #18/25 - Complete in box - $150 - SOLD PRICE $75
Dig Dug - Coinheaven - Limited Edition #16/35 - SOLD PRICE $75
The Goonies - Coinheaven - Limited Edition tin - #27/35 - SOLD PRICE $75
Battle Kid Fortress of Peril Sivak Limited Edition - #28/35 - Complete in Box -  SOLD PRICE $350
Happy Camper - NGD - Special Edition - #7/10 - SOLD PRICE $350
Free Fall - NGD - Special Edition - #7/10 - SOLD PRICE $350
Vegvox - 1st Edition - Alex Maur - #44/170? - SOLD PRICE 162.50

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:59:19 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Added prices to reflect Udisi's recent sales.

Chunkout 2 Japan LE #19 ---  $150 SOLD
Garage Cart #9   ----- $1500 SOLD
Geminim LE #22 -----$100  SOLD
Glider Special Edition ----$350 SOLD
Mystic Pillars LE #30 ---- $100  SOLD
Sudoku Gold #4  ----- $500 SOLD
UFC Lady Frog Edition  #8---- $850 SOLD