Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda Skyward Sword Limited Edition at Walmart Must've been holding off for Black Friday....

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:34:07 PM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Ran into Walmart today, to do some last minute Turkey Day shopping, and came across a stack of Skyward Sword Limited Editions in the game section, ready to buy.

So, don't go off and spend $100 or above on one just yet....who knows, Nintendo may just reproduce them again if they sell well enough, let's not forget the SMBAS scenario that happened last year.

-------------------------
Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:56:39 PM
SupaKoopaTroopa (10)
(    ) < Crack Trooper >
California
Or you just passed up $300 profit.

my 1up • deviantART

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:58:44 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I just checked and they have it advertised in their ad for Black Friday so it looks like all stores will have some.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:31:53 PM
Enslaved (106)
Florida
Originally posted by: SupaKoopaTroopa

Or you just passed up $300 profit.

Profit isn't what some of us are in the collecting biz for.  I prefer to keep the way I make money, and what I spend it on seperate from eachother. 

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:42:41 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Yes, I'm going to Walmart at 10PM to try and grab a couple and a certain Digital Camera. I'm not going to be the guy who tries to buy as many as he can carry, but I'd be comfortable with two or three if the box conditions are nice.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:44:30 PM
Enslaved (106)
Florida
Originally posted by: jonebone

Yes, I'm going to Walmart at 10PM to try and grab a couple and a certain Digital Camera. I'm not going to be the guy who tries to buy as many as he can carry, but I'd be comfortable with two or three if the box conditions are nice.

From what I saw, they weren't all wrapped up like the other Black Friday stuff was, so you could possibly go in there earlier and see if they will sell them.  The one's at my Wal-Mart looked pretty decent, i'm sure there are going to be quite a few that are ugly as hell though.

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:54:20 PM
smeagolsama (211)
(Bronner's Army) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Anybody know how the game inside of the LE is packaged. I'm guessing sealed like most games that come out of big boxes but will it be a not for resale version? I wouldn't mind grabbing one and opening it up so I can actually use the controller as I don't have a motion plus controller, but I already bought a non LE and borrowed a controller from my boss.

Just dont' want it to turn into a similar thing like with one of the Rock bands where I had bought the game but then broke the instrument. Bought an extra game/instrument bundle thinking I could just return the game with my receipt but it was a NFR version, so wouldn't scan into any system.

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:33:38 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Originally posted by: Enslaved

Originally posted by: jonebone

From what I saw, they weren't all wrapped up like the other Black Friday stuff was, so you could possibly go in there earlier and see if they will sell them.  The one's at my Wal-Mart looked pretty decent, i'm sure there are going to be quite a few that are ugly as hell though.

They are probably "For sale" now, but won't ring up as "On Sale" until after 10PM...

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:03:01 PM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
The game inside the LE is sealed, but does have the "not for resale" on the back. Something I checked for as soon as I opened it.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:03:16 PM
Penguin (239)
Florida
Just got back from Wal-mart, there were so many people there you couldn't even get into the parking lot. I just drove by lol.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:06:53 PM
robby808 (12)
(Robert Townsend) < Meka Chicken >
Hawaii
Originally posted by: theguy1962

The game inside the LE is sealed, but does have the "not for resale" on the back. Something I checked for as soon as I opened it.

Is not for resale usually worth more or less in the future? I'm curious? Would you rather have a high graded original version or not for resale version? Not sure if this question is a dumb one or not but just thought I should ask.

Searching for:
NES Zelda 1 sealed (1st print, no Rev A) willing to pay A LOT!

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:07:49 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Yeah, I worked at Wal Mart for two years. Easily one of the worst experiences of my life. BLack Friday was fucking crazy. You can't even walk around without getting shoved like you're in a damned moshpit. The paramedics always get called out, the shit's just not worth it if you ask me.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:11:14 PM
Enslaved (106)
Florida
If they are still available next Friday (doubtful, but we all throw pennies into wells expecting wishes to be granted), i'm going to pick one up just for collection purposes. Fiance already bought me a non-LE copy, and she doesn't know I know about it >D

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:14:51 PM
Penguin (239)
Florida
Originally posted by: Enslaved

Fiance already bought me a non-LE copy, and she doesn't know I know about it >D

The real question is how did you find out?

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:14:28 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Bought two for myself. Luckily for me, the nearest Wal-Mart is but a half mile away, and while parking wasn't optimal, I was first in line for it (5000+ people, perhaps as many as 10,000, at the store, and only me for Zelda:SS...go figure ), at 9:15 PM. I grabbed two of the six we got, and also the cardboard shipping case they came in .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:39:51 PM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Our local Wal-Mart stores show full stock, but I'm not going anywhere near that mess.
There have been people camping out in tents for the past week! They are #&$^% nuts!

I wish they would put more stock online. I'm sick of these "BLACK FRIDAY MADNESS AT WAL-MART!" stories on the news. Bah..

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:16:10 AM
Otter (73)
(T Otter) < King Solomon >
Washington
This game L.E. version is out of stock at every target in my area within 150 miles.....

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:25:50 AM
Berserk (6)
(Guts Rage) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Good thing i already got my copy... just got back from gamestop only had about 40 or so ppl in line i was the 2nd person to show up 2 hours early... got my mario 3ds... have my zelda 3ds coming tomorrow through mail and pre ordered my blue wii online this morning... i went into wal mart for 5 mins worst experience ever!!!!

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:35:52 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
I ordered mine on Amazon and have 2 of them.

Free shipping, no tax and a $10 promo for each so I ended up paying 59.99 for each of them shipped. Not bad!

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:41:41 AM
Berserk (6)
(Guts Rage) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Do you think the LEs' are really going to be "LIMITED" or no?

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:32:27 AM
zigzagzarf (2)
(Deez Nutz) < El Ripper >
Ohio
yeah it was held...it couldnt even ring up till today

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:19:31 AM
Enslaved (106)
Florida
Originally posted by: Berserk

Do you think the LEs' are really going to be "LIMITED" or no?

With Nintendo's numbers, could they afford not to?  There's a huge demand, and from what I saw, no real number on how much were expected to be produced.  I have a huge feeling we will be seeing another shipment of these fly through.

Even if i'm wrong, and they don't do another shipment, i'll be happy enough with the game-only copy.  That is what being a gamer is about!  :-)

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:48:30 AM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Went to Walmart yesterday after lunch and there were several copies of the SS bundle.

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:10:40 AM
Gravystain (38)
(Gravy Stain) < Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Just got home from my WalMart...they had about 100 blue Wii systems still, and I saw 1 SS bundle left...it rang up at $59.99

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:59:17 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Yeah so I went in at midnight last night, big mistake. Basically just walked in and walked out, I wasn't dealing with that mess. Insane parking lot, longest lines ever, etc. Sorry if anyone had to actually deal with that mess, definitely not for me.