Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Scam Alert" NES Mega Man Reseal

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:04:34 AM
retro_relapse (29)
(LEE JR.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
I could not believe this! Someone actually placed a bid on this! This right here is the perfect example for you new collectors out there trying to build thier game collection. I am sick and F***EN tierd of sellers posting S**T like this trying to take an advantage in any way they can. Remember,anyone can be taken advantage of, especially new collectors so be on your best alert when buying sealed games. Sorry for being so blunt guys but this right here really upsets me.

Just wanted to share this with the NA community.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGA-MAN-...

-------------------------

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 12:28 PM by retro_relapse

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:07:55 AM
Player2 (7)
(Cody S) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Definitely a reseal. Thanks for the heads up Roy.

Collecting since April 21, 2012
Total NES Titles Obtained

92 Liscensed NES
4 Unliscensed

Currently Playing:  Zen the Intergalactic Ninja

Check out my Ebay listings thread here.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:17:07 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
agreed, thanks for the heads-up. However, people, read ebay feedback too! Hers is terrible

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:19:01 AM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
This thing sounds like it's going to boil down to one of those "I never said it was new, just sealed in a box" arguments...

Shady way of tricking people. These are the rare instances where eBay's "always side with the buyer" policies can come in handy.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:34:06 AM
krankcolc (286)
(Arcade Legacy) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Very tricky. You'd think a person would consider the substantial amount of negative feedback they have before bidding a thousand dollars.

WTB list. Less than 1% to a CIB NES collection. http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:37:03 AM
Fierce Deity (0)
(Fierce Deity) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
You are correct. He carefully chose his words "sealed in box". Not factory sealed.

Please tell me the hang-tag isn't wrapped underneath the seal as well..if so then I can only smh. Someone has already placed a bid on this game.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:38:50 AM
retro_relapse (29)
Texas
Originally posted by: krankcolc

Very tricky. You'd think a person would consider the substantial amount of negative feedback they have before bidding a thousand dollars.

Thats a good aspect. Just the picture alone would make me stay far far away. lol

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:44:08 AM
retro_relapse (29)
Texas
Originally posted by: Fierce Deity

You are correct. He carefully chose his words "sealed in box". Not factory sealed.

Please tell me the hang-tag isn't wrapped underneath the seal as well..if so then I can only smh. Someone has already placed a bid on this game.

I agree. This is exactly what i mean when i say that certain sellers will change up the wording in their listing/description order to get their advantage point across. 

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:52:02 AM
Karkilan (64)
(Benjamin Gorham) < Meka Chicken >
New Brunswick
lol are the pencil shavings inside the seal on the front?

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:41:07 PM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
I have a feeling the person who bid on the auction is an alt account. Plus love how the guy will only do economy shipping.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:59:41 PM
Jenkem (7)
(Alex Mayfield) < Crack Trooper >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: Mindl3ss

This thing sounds like it's going to boil down to one of those "I never said it was new, just sealed in a box" arguments...

Shady way of tricking people. These are the rare instances where eBay's "always side with the buyer" policies can come in handy

i doubt they can even get away with that since the listed it as brand new as opposed to like new.

people are pieces of shit, but on the other side of the coin, whoever bid on that should also not have been a raging fucking idiot.

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 01:01 PM by Jenkem

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:01:24 PM
JNovo79 (120)
(Grumpy ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Illinois
The box is in crap shape too... I'm betting its a shill bidder.

hhttp://www.ebay.com/sch/jnovo79/m...; <-- eBay, games & also not-games

Pie > Cake
Unashamed Evil Reseller & Sega Fanboy
@JNovo79 on twitter... mostly me bitching about how being a lawyer is lame

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:03:24 PM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Looks minty and legit.

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:10:00 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
I've often wondered about sealed games. I'm pretty new to the idea of actually collecting games myself. I mean, there can't be TOO MANY still out there that haven't been opened at all.

So, how do you tell if it's just a really great condition box with a reseal??

I've checked this one out and obviously the box is damaged and seems to have a pencil shaving as noted above, haha... Ummm.... seriously though, what should I be looking for?

I've read people talk about having games "graded"... If said "sealed" game was sent to them, I suppose they would have a pretty easy time determining if it IS in fact a genuine seal, right?

QUESTION: If you happened across a "sealed" game (in the wild, wherever you could get one easisly and cheapily... it's theoretical remember, haha) but you thought it was a re-seal... would you open it? Send it to the grading peeps... What if it's re-sealed but doesn't have the booklet??

Ps. I agree with all the people saying this is a total dick move, and using semantics to skew the truth of the condition of a game is unholy.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 01:23 PM by AirVillain

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:11:42 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
(Abraham Hernandez) < Meka Chicken >
Hawaii
The bid is obviously the seller opening up a phantom account to bring attention to his own game. What is more appalling is that the price is $1000 Sealed or not resealed is nowhere near that price. And yes I agree with the others this is a reseal.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:17:17 PM
Firebrandx (7)
(Wolff Morrow) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Man... That box looks like crap condition too! I wouldn't buy it even if it were legit. I myself have an absolutely mint-flawless boxed Mega Man, with the only thing wrong with it being that I opened it and played the game for a couple days. Sucker even still has the plastic baggy the game comes wrapped in. Literally the only thing missing is the shrink wrap, but I'd never attempt to re-seal it. In fact, I'd be worried about selling it as someone would probably try to re-seal it after buying it off me.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:30:32 PM
Drippy (87)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Yeah, "classywoman", what a piece of shit.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:33:30 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
.... You mean.... You opened the game 25 years ago and have kept it super awesome, or you recently opened the game and played it? I agree with the desire to NEED to play the game, but there are other ways... If I found ANY legit sealed game, I'm not sure what I would do.... after getting a new set of shorts. Don't feel bad though, the box itself is a tasty gem, no matter it's "worth". I'd love it have it in any condition myself, but I certainly wouldn't drop a cool G on it, haha

I agree that re-sealing it seems ridiculous... I suppose for a retailer (Through the 90's and up to now to some degree), it could help preserve the game, but it should be obvious what's a re-seal and clearly marked. Any one trying to fake a seal should be kicked right in the nards (or lady nards as it were)....

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:39:19 PM
Piko (51)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< King Solomon >
New Hampshire
hopefully bidder is a troll with no intentions of paying?

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:39:43 PM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Build a bridge out of her!

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:41:50 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
the name alone screams scammer. Im not buying from anyone called "trustme99" either

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:42:32 PM
Firebrandx (7)
(Wolff Morrow) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: AirVillain

.... You mean.... You opened the game 25 years ago and have kept it super awesome, or you recently opened the game and played it? I agree with the desire to NEED to play the game, but there are other ways...

No, I owned the game back in 1988 and played the crap out of that version and later sold it. Then in 1994, I purchased a brand new sealed version (you could still easily buy sealed NES games at retail prices in 1994 where I lived in Dallas). Since I had already played the game to death in 1988, I only needed to play the game again for a couple days to get over the nostalgia feeling I had for it. Once that was done, I just put the game back in its box and left it stored in one of my plastic storage crates ever since. I've even still got mint-flawless boxed versions of Secret of Mana and FF3 in that tote as well.

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 01:43 PM by Firebrandx

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:53:46 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: Jenkem_Addict88

Originally posted by: Mindl3ss

Shady way of tricking people. These are the rare instances where eBay's "always side with the buyer" policies can come in handy
i doubt they can even get away with that since the listed it as brand new as opposed to like new. people are pieces of shit, but on the other side of the coin, whoever bid on that should also not have been a raging fucking idiot.

Stupid new eBay layout... I looked for the place where it used to say "new" or "used" but didn't see it. Even if it was listed as 100% new, and indeed it was, the buyer could say it wasn't and eBay would more than likely side with them.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:59:27 PM
Fierce Deity (0)
(Fierce Deity) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: WeLoveClassicGames

I have a feeling the person who bid on the auction is an alt account. Plus love how the guy will only do economy shipping.

Exactly what I thought. I looked at the bidder info:

30-Day Summary
Total bids:     1
Items bid on:     1

Bid activity (%) with this seller:     100%
Bid retractions:     0
Bid retractions (6 months):     0

LOL yeah it's an obvious alt.

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:01:23 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Firebrandx

Originally posted by: AirVillain

.... You mean.... You opened the game 25 years ago and have kept it super awesome, or you recently opened the game and played it? I agree with the desire to NEED to play the game, but there are other ways...

No, I owned the game back in 1988 and played the crap out of that version and later sold it. Then in 1994, I purchased a brand new sealed version (you could still easily buy sealed NES games at retail prices in 1994 where I lived in Dallas). Since I had already played the game to death in 1988, I only needed to play the game again for a couple days to get over the nostalgia feeling I had for it. Once that was done, I just put the game back in its box and left it stored in one of my plastic storage crates ever since. I've even still got mint-flawless boxed versions of Secret of Mana and FF3 in that tote as well.

Whoa, sick! Having it this long still mint is nice, those plastic cases must be worth every penny... I wish I bought every single game ever, if we only knew, haha...

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"