Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

One man's trash........ nothing special but I got excited about it

Jul 01 at 10:48:57 PM
Darth Vader (84)
(Tony Scarlato) < El Ripper >
Illinois
So I'm at work, driving with a co-worker putting up detour signs for a road we're about to close for a job. He spots an aluminum snow shovel sticking out of a garbage can on the curb and asks me to pull over so he can take a look at it. So I oblige. He says "nah, I'm cool but there are some toys in this can" cause he knows I'm big on toys & games. So I hop out and see what looks like a bin of toys that has just been emptied into the trash. Nothing special, and nothing from my era....I'm into the 80's shit. As I'm sifting through some of it I see a GBA game, Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX. I freaked and kept digging. Spent a couple minutes and only came out with one more GBA game, F-Zero Maximum Velocity. 

Again, nothing special but It's not about the game values. It's about the thrill of the hunt. The unlikley times and places that you come across games. Saving something that would have been trash so that it may still be enjoyed. Just that feeling you get when you find a game makes this hobby so enjoyable.

So I pour out some of my drink (grapefruit shandy....so good!) for all of the games that never got rescued. Feel free to share any similar stories.

-------------------------

Jul 01 at 10:56:01 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Aw man, sweet deal! Dude, you never know what you'd find in dumpsters/trash/etc.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jul 01 at 11:02:33 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
One in the can is worth....2 in the bush?

“Be quiet brain, or ill stab you with a Q-tip” ~Homer Simpson 

Jul 02 at 4:37:25 AM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Nice, that would be exciting.

Jul 02 at 6:46:54 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Darth Vader

So I'm at work, driving with a co-worker putting up detour signs for a road we're about to close for a job. He spots an aluminum snow shovel sticking out of a garbage can on the curb and asks me to pull over so he can take a look at it. So I oblige. He says "nah, I'm cool but there are some toys in this can" cause he knows I'm big on toys & games. So I hop out and see what looks like a bin of toys that has just been emptied into the trash. Nothing special, and nothing from my era....I'm into the 80's shit. As I'm sifting through some of it I see a GBA game, Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX. I freaked and kept digging. Spent a couple minutes and only came out with one more GBA game, F-Zero Maximum Velocity. 

Again, nothing special but It's not about the game values. It's about the thrill of the hunt. The unlikley times and places that you come across games. Saving something that would have been trash so that it may still be enjoyed. Just that feeling you get when you find a game makes this hobby so enjoyable.

So I pour out some of my drink (grapefruit shandy....so good!) for all of the games that never got rescued. Feel free to share any similar stories.

Don't minimize it!! Finding free games is the thrill I love the most!!! Nice!

Jul 02 at 6:54:16 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Its funny, this is how I got my gameboy pocket and super gameboy. I saw them on the side of the road on trashday, so I grabbed em. Can't save em all, but you sure can save some!

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Jul 02 at 6:01:08 PM
unish25 (0)
(Shinu Chacko) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
A sanitation worker nearby me, found a ROB the robot, NES System, Gyromite, and a few boxed NES games all sitting on the side for trash pickup. He posted it on F.B. for sale and I got it for a good deal from him. 

Edited: 07/02/2019 at 06:01 PM by unish25

Jul 02 at 7:39:14 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
Nice save!

Jul 02 at 10:13:53 PM
Darth Vader (84)
Illinois
Originally posted by: unish25

A sanitation worker nearby me, found a ROB the robot, NES System, Gyromite, and a few boxed NES games all sitting on the side for trash pickup. He posted it on F.B. for sale and I got it for a good deal from him. 

Daaaamn....boxed stuff in the trash! Nice!

Jul 03 at 9:23:08 AM
unish25 (0)
(Shinu Chacko) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
Yes, it came with Rob the robot, Batman boxed, Donkey Kong Jr. boxed, Gyromite boxed, Golf test market boxed (matte seal). Two NES Systems etc. 
It was a miracle of a find. 

Jul 03 at 11:33:25 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Reminds me when I found a brand new sealed GTA3 sitting in a Target cart out in the cart bin.

Nice find OP, those kinds of finds are awesome.

Jul 03 at 3:33:07 PM
Darth Vader (84)
Illinois
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Reminds me when I found a brand new sealed GTA3 sitting in a Target cart out in the cart bin.

Thanks! GTA 3 is an awesome find. I remember seeing that game played for the first time. It blew my mind. It was just on another level for it's time. 

Jul 03 at 4:07:28 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Darth Vader

Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Thanks! GTA 3 is an awesome find. I remember seeing that game played for the first time. It blew my mind. It was just on another level for it's time. 

That's what sold me on buying a PS2.