Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

5 screw jaws variant Value?

Jun 13, 2011 at 10:48:09 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
Originally posted by: Redivivus

Originally posted by: ihavethatpma

What if it was you guys that bought the 5 screw on eBay for $2.95, and the guy writes back with "it's defective, I can't send it to you." You'd probably make a thread here bitching about how eBay is fucked and the sellers are scumbags while wiping tears from your vaginas.

You always have a way with words, my friend!!

Ha, yeah that kind of pissed me off a bit! Nice sig!

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:13:16 PM
Dinoellis (58)
(Dino Ellis) < Lolo Lord >
California
^ Lol I submitted that quote to my school for it's new slogan contest.

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:33:48 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: nothingface023

Well, qixmaster said he had it coming, so there must have been several instances of things he said along those lines.

Also, I'm not one to really call anybody out, but Tanooki's comment was just uncalled for.  Honestly, I was pissed when I read it.  It was not something I expected to hear from an NA member.  I know we're not all perfect, but damn that was just effing wrong.  What makes it even worse is the guy who bought the game actually came to NA, made a profile, and read that comment.  What a shitty first impression he must have gotten!!

I really hope that's not the reason nowhereKansas hasn't posted anymore since his first post.

Who's the fool, the fool, or the fool who follows him. There were other members that quoted what he said with comments like "THIS" but I guess you don't care about that? I disagree with what Tanooki posted but at the same time, you're just beating a dead horse. What do you want? Do you want him to drive over to nowhereKansas' house and give him a sandwich?

New users come and go all of the time with only a few posts so that's not a real indication. Tanooki is a good guy that I know personally and I've never known him to scam anyone, just look at his feedback. Either way, it's an over and done with topic. Tanooki got banned for saying some stupid shit and let's leave it at that. I don't see any reason to kick someone when they're down. The whole thing sucks for everyone.

-------------------------

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:45:05 PM
Bella (104)
(Bellatrix Lestrange) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alabama
All I can say is I have known Matt for a few years and I knew he would ship the cart even before he said he would. He is one of the most honest sellers I do know.

I have bigger balls than any man out there... They just sit two feet higher!

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:41:35 AM
nowhereKansas (1)

(Travis J) < Cherub >
United States
Originally posted by: SamSpade

Originally posted by: nothingface023

Well, qixmaster said he had it coming, so there must have been several instances of things he said along those lines.

Also, I'm not one to really call anybody out, but Tanooki's comment was just uncalled for.  Honestly, I was pissed when I read it.  It was not something I expected to hear from an NA member.  I know we're not all perfect, but damn that was just effing wrong.  What makes it even worse is the guy who bought the game actually came to NA, made a profile, and read that comment.  What a shitty first impression he must have gotten!!

I really hope that's not the reason nowhereKansas hasn't posted anymore since his first post.

Who's the fool, the fool, or the fool who follows him. There were other members that quoted what he said with comments like "THIS" but I guess you don't care about that? I disagree with what Tanooki posted but at the same time, you're just beating a dead horse. What do you want? Do you want him to drive over to nowhereKansas' house and give him a sandwich?

New users come and go all of the time with only a few posts so that's not a real indication. Tanooki is a good guy that I know personally and I've never known him to scam anyone, just look at his feedback. Either way, it's an over and done with topic. Tanooki got banned for saying some stupid shit and let's leave it at that. I don't see any reason to kick someone when they're down. The whole thing sucks for everyone.

I am hungry right now so if anyone wants to bring me a sandwich it would be appreciated.  The reason i have not posted on here is not because of a few people telling strife to lie to me.  I do believe most of you to be honest.  I just really do not have that much to say and usually stay out of arguments like this one.  I was asked in a earlier post on this thread if i had any other rare variants and while the 5 screw jaws is now the rarest one i own i do own some semi rare a 3 screw donkey kong, 5 screw super pitfall, and a upside down label blue captain comic nothing to impressive.

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:49:10 AM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Welcome to the site Travis. I think it's sweet that you got such a nice deal, awful that people were in favor of trying to rip you off, and that Matthew deserves much respect for his honesty. Anyway, if you like Nintendo (which you obviously do... nice variants!) this is the place for you.

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Jun 14, 2011 at 5:14:40 PM
kimbolemonslice (86)
(Aaron Kit) < Kraid Killer >
Missouri
aww cmon did tanooki really need to be banned? I dont think hes a bad guy at all i just think he likes to debate even if he comes off as an asshole

ive talked to him a bunch off here and hes really a nice guy

Edited: 06/14/2011 at 05:15 PM by kimbolemonslice

Jun 15, 2011 at 2:37:13 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
i mean seriously guys, are we still talking about this? i don't think he is a bad guy and i never had any qualms with him - but when we get complaints, send warnings, get back talk and THEN see a post like that, enough is enough. i don't think we need to do any 'splainin.

eBay listings here

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:41:38 AM
RASK1904 (196)
(Roger D.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Tanooki got banned? WTF?

My ebay   http://shop.ebay.com/rask1904/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562                                                                                                                     ................................My fs thread....
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...    

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:51:27 AM
Strife (62)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
My new goal is to be the 3rd owner of a 5 screw gotcha. I also appreciate all of the positive comments. I'm not a saint or anything lol, but I do try to do the right thing as much as it may pain me in some situations.

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:09:22 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
To nowherekansas: welcome to the site, if you stick around for awhile I think you'll find this is a good community. Congrats on the buy!

To Strife: I think you did the right thing. I didn't know you were a member on here, but I bought some stuff from you last month on ebay. Everything looked great.

I didn't see anyone answer your original question about the value of the cart. I'd say between $20 - $40, I believe I bought my 5-screw Jaws for around that. So I guess it's something to watch for in the future, but It's not like you out $100's or anything. Now if it was 5-screw Mike Tyson's Punchout or Mega Man, that would have been crazy.

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:51:24 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Strife

My new goal is to be the 3rd owner of a 5 screw gotcha. I also appreciate all of the positive comments. I'm not a saint or anything lol, but I do try to do the right thing as much as it may pain me in some situations.

They're definitely out there.  Check the common bins - I know they can be a disaster area, but you never know what may be lurking in there.  That's how I found two 5-screw Skate or Die carts (right next to each other, surprisingly).

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Jun 15, 2011 at 2:07:15 PM
SKULLDEATH9000 (161)
(Jay Z ) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland
Originally posted by: milligangames

Originally posted by: pats1717

Please sir, most of the people on this site are honest and trustworthy. I hope you decide to stick around as we love new members. Especially ones that are into variant hunting.

Exactly. I've had things like this happen before a dozen times (caught the fact that I was letting something go for way less than I should have before shipping it), and the thought of keeping the item after the sale never even entered my mind. Most of us are cool dudes, there are only a couple of people who would screw the customer in this situation, and they are the same people who would make a thread bitching about the situation if they were on the receiving end.

Milligan is HONEST to the day, I bought a nice lot of TG-16 items from him and he threw in the card to play my TG 16 CD games.  He realized it sold for over 200 bucks and it was the super 3.0 card and still sent it to me because he said he would.  We need more people like Pat and Strife on this site, totally awesome of you to do the right thing.  I just now checked out this thread and even though you sold a rare gem it was the right thing to do man.  Honesty goes a long way, I gave a member a 1 in 20 chance to win an Earthbound in a contest I was running and the bastard rolled a "12' and  guess what that was the number needed to win Earthbound, I lived up to my word and shipped a now $120  cart for 5 bucks shipping priority with DC. 

If you are new it obviously can be initimidating to come to a site, but you are alright in my book already just by the ethics you have shown the entire community in this thread alone.  Thanks for not being a Jive Turkey and sending the dude a 3 screw cart and welcome to NA dude.

Skulldeath,

Out

<--- Don't be a JIVE TURKEY!
Magfest 2016:  "Even kids are dying to play this game"
Magfest 2016:  "Slip em a 20" 

Campout 2011: "I hate TETRIS I would like to go back in time and punch that Soviet dude right in the FACE"
Chuck Yeager's Fighter Combat - Chuck Yeager "I don't even know you." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Thread Owner of Enslaved's 5000th POST!

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:14:11 PM
milligangames (407)
(Patrick Milligan) < King Solomon >
New York
^ ^ Thanks dude! I may or may not have rubbed the TG16 games all over my naked body before packing them up, but in all it was a good deal!

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:21:01 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Morals?? Is that like Karma?

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:57:46 PM
Bournano (9)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Captain Bournano) < El Ripper >
Illinois
RIP Tanooki

Your motives were all wrong in this topic, but deep down I know you're a reasonable good guy. Enjoy your time off the site. Smart dude like yourself, I'm sure you've got better things to be doing man.

*places flowers over grave*

Edited: 06/18/2011 at 05:01 PM by Bournano

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:01:57 PM
elhector (80)
(Hector Varga) < Lolo Lord >
Arizona

Check out my YouTube Channel

Social Media Junk:

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Come check out what I have for sale.

Edited: 07/11/2011 at 07:07 PM by elhector