NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

SnowSauce's Finds Thread

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:41:10 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
This also brings up a question...

I found a copy of Walk-It-Out on the Wii. If memory serves me correctly, it is (or was, at least), a tough to find game. This was certainly the first copy of the game I've seen since I've started collecting Wii stuff.

Was this game reprinted? I thought the $9.99 price tag seemed to indicate that.

I left it, as it's not necessarily a game I'm looking for.

-------------------------
NintendoAge's Resident Tony Hawk Pro Skater Collector 

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:43:41 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Here's what I ended up with today:

Madden 15 - PS4
Walk-it-Out - Wii - I wasn't able to figure out if this game is reprinted, but I know I've never seen it. I care more about rarity than value, so even though it's not expensive, it's nice to have
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed - Wii - Because I'm somewhat juvenile.

In addition to those, I also inherited a Commodore 128, as well as a collection of 64 games, and bits and pieces. I'm told there could be more coming too, as some of it was buried. It's a hodgepodge of stuff, but the system, drive, and monitor all come with the boxes. I'm pretty stoked, as I love old computers. I plan to set this up somewhere in my house to tinker with it as I get time.

Nov 9, 2015 at 5:27:33 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Aladdin - Genesis (CIB - Cardboard) - Been looking for this for a while. I know it's not rare, but finding a boxed copy is tough when you only go to thrift stores. It's suffering from a little water damage, but nothing bad.

I also picked up a BLOPS3 poster from Wal-Mart, when I went looking for the Mario Hot Wheels.

Stay tuned, I have a few PC Engine imports on the way (nothing crazy though, don't want to mislead anyone).

Nov 9, 2015 at 6:46:40 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Originally posted by: SnowSauce

Madden 15 - PS4
Walk-it-Out - Wii - I wasn't able to figure out if this game is reprinted, but I know I've never seen it. I care more about rarity than value, so even though it's not expensive, it's nice to have

In addition to those, I also inherited a Commodore 128, as well as a collection of 64 games, and bits and pieces. I'm told there could be more coming too, as some of it was buried. It's a hodgepodge of stuff, but the system, drive, and monitor all come with the boxes. I'm pretty stoked, as I love old computers. I plan to set this up somewhere in my house to tinker with it as I get time.

Nice, Walk it out used to be one of those expensive games but thankfully I've seen it on the internet for less. I'm still looking to get it as well since I have a mint manual for the game.

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:17:36 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: LastCat

Madden 15 - PS4

Nice, Walk it out used to be one of those expensive games but thankfully I've seen it on the internet for less. I'm still looking to get it as well since I have a mint manual for the game.

I think it used to be a $50+ game, now it's cooled off to around $15. I got mine for $9, but it's missing the manual.

I was worried when I found it because I thought it was one of those reprinted titles, but I haven't found any evidence for that.

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:19:52 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Another Nice Day:

Kororinpa Marble Mania - Wii - It's another somewhat-tough to find title, so I was surprised to see it as the only Wii title on the shelf. What's better, is that I needed this CIB. I own the disc, but not a complete copy

Golden Nugget - PS1 - I'm drawn to the dual-disc cases. I like the way they look. No interest in the actual game, though.

Crash Nitro Kart - PS2 - I only got it because it had the soundtrack. Normally I try to stay away from games that I am just going to end up owning on the xBox

Broken Ps2 controller - It was a color variant, and the case is nice. I plan to frankenstein one together in the shell.

One of these days, I'll figure out how to upload pics to make thi sthread a little more exciting.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:38:41 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico

Another Nice Day:

Kororinpa Marble Mania - Wii - It's another somewhat-tough to find title, so I was surprised to see it as the only Wii title on the shelf. What's better, is that I needed this CIB. I own the disc, but not a complete copy

Golden Nugget - PS1 - I'm drawn to the dual-disc cases. I like the way they look. No interest in the actual game, though.

Crash Nitro Kart - PS2 - I only got it because it had the soundtrack. Normally I try to stay away from games that I am just going to end up owning on the xBox

Broken Ps2 controller - It was a color variant, and the case is nice. I plan to frankenstein one together in the shell.

One of these days, I'll figure out how to upload pics to make thi sthread a little more exciting.

Aww man you got Kororinpa CIB, I only have the disc alone. It's a pretty good game tho, give it a try.

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:34:12 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota

Another Nice Day:

Aww man you got Kororinpa CIB, I only have the disc alone. It's a pretty good game tho, give it a try.

Yeah, I've played it. It's a really fun game, and one that I enjoy with motion controls. 

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:05:18 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
I had a meeting up at work today, so I decided to stop up at the Goodwill and found more Wii stuff:

Heavenly Guardian
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars

I struck out there... Heavenly Guardian is a crap RPG (according to reviews) and I'm sure it's worse on the Wii, because of motion controls. Broken Sword got good PC reviews, but I'm guessing it sucks on the Wii. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I'll just use them as trade bait.

I also found Tekken 5 on the PS2. I don't own a tekken game

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:28:10 PM
sage0021 (7)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota
Where are you in MN? Up north?

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:33:17 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: sage0021

I wish! Down south, somewhat near the IA/SD corner.

I live closer to Sioux Falls than to any other population center.

EDIT: Marshall is the specific town.

Edited: 11/11/2015 at 02:36 PM by SnowSauce

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:50:32 PM
sage0021 (7)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota

Ahh ok, makes sense. I read through your thread thinking to myself "he's going about it all wrong". But now knowing you live where you do it makes more sense. I'm up in the metro and wouldn't set foot into a Goodwill or thrift store anymore. Just a big waste of time whenever I do go. Garage sales are where its at, provided you are the first one there on Thursday morning. Everything is gone by midday on Thurs usually, nothing lasts into the weekend.

Edit: Must be nice to find something on CL and not have to worry about getting outbid while you are driving to pick it up. Happens 80% of the time to me, find it first, head out to get it, seller calls back and says got another offer higher than listed price. Ughh

Edited: 11/11/2015 at 02:52 PM by sage0021

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:54:46 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico

I had a meeting up at work today, so I decided to stop up at the Goodwill and found more Wii stuff:

Heavenly Guardian
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars

I struck out there... Heavenly Guardian is a crap RPG (according to reviews) and I'm sure it's worse on the Wii, because of motion controls. Broken Sword got good PC reviews, but I'm guessing it sucks on the Wii. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I'll just use them as trade bait.

I also found Tekken 5 on the PS2. I don't own a tekken game

Wait Heavenly Guardian uses motion controls? I though it only used the wiimote as a normal controller.

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:59:16 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota

Ahh ok, makes sense. I read through your thread thinking to myself "he's going about it all wrong". But now knowing you live where you do it makes more sense. I'm up in the metro and wouldn't set foot into a Goodwill or thrift store anymore. Just a big waste of time whenever I do go. Garage sales are where its at, provided you are the first one there on Thursday morning. Everything is gone by midday on Thurs usually, nothing lasts into the weekend.

Edit: Must be nice to find something on CL and not have to worry about getting outbid while you are driving to pick it up. Happens 80% of the time to me, find it first, head out to get it, seller calls back and says got another offer higher than listed price. Ughh

When I started collecting, I basically had it all to myself. If I had the money, I got whatever I wanted (that sounds kinda snoody, but nobody else was buying games). That's not the case anymore, but it's still decent chasing.

The Goodwills we have out here are different than the normal ones. I've been in those, and baring a miracle, I usually leave with nothing. Out here, games are (99% of the time) a flat rate price of $3. It doesn't matter if it's Madden '05 or some NES gem, it's $3. Same goes with the other thrift store I frequent. Every game is $2.

As far as garage sales, those are great, but I rarely have time to hit them up. I worked every Thursday all summer, so I only went to a few on my street. I ended up scoring a few nice things, but nothing great.

CL is a tossup. Nothing ever gets listed, but when it does, it's cheap and wonderful. That's how I got my copy of space megaforce.

Retail used to be good, with ShopKo and the now closed K-Mart, but I haven't found anything amazing in a while.

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:46:42 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Nothing special, just a couple Wal-Mart grabs:

Wii/DSi SD Card - I love these odd-ball accessories.

Animal Crossing "e-reader" cards - Again, another odd ball for the collection. I'll complete the set, but I wanted an unopened pack too.

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:26:02 AM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Throw some pictures up of your finds. I always dig seeing what people find.

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:13:29 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Shane

Throw some pictures up of your finds. I always dig seeing what people find.

I plan too, it would surely help the thread. I just need to figure out the technical stuff (I suck when it comes to cameras).

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:15:25 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
One pickup today. I bought a pair of Turtle Beach EarForce Recon 60Ps from Wal-Mart for the PS4.

Now, that's not all that exciting, but I wanted a cheap, "quick an dirty" (does anyone else say that, or just me?) headset for the PS4 until I can afford a pair of A40s.

My plan for these is to either sell them once I get my A40's, or trade for some retro games. We'll see how well that works.

Nov 19, 2015 at 3:29:54 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Just one.

Deca Sports - Wii

It appears to be a knockoff of Wii Sports. It got really bad reviews, but I snagged it for $2, and pricecharting lists it around $8 for a complete copy, so not bad.

I'm also going to be taking a break from collecting/posting for different reasons. I'll be back in a month or so (hopefully with pics this time). Thanks to everyone who read and commented in my thread.

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:22:49 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Okay, I "kinda" lied.

Buncha $1 titles from Pawn America, 26 of them are PS2 racing games and will be using as a Christmas gift, and roughly another 20 for myself. Nothing all that notable, mainly cheap xBox stuff I needed, an MGI title I needed, and a couple random PS2 titles that I found interesting. I also found Great Baseball on the SMS for $2 (cart only unfortunately) and a PS1 mem card for $2.

Gamestop:

de Blob $.99
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $4.99 (Yup....)

We Got Game (game store):

Alien Hominid - Gamecube $11
Christmas Nights into Dreams - Saturn import $11
Nascar Heat 2002 - xbox $5 (MGI title I needed, that's why I spent $5 on it)

Goodwill:

WiiU Fit Meter New CIB - $4
Commodore Joystick $2
Xbox Magazine disc $2

Okay, NOW I will be taking a hiatus. Hopefully I'll come back with pics. Thanks again to the commentors/readers.

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:26:15 AM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
I forgot I had these bad boys on order from Japan. Snagged for $.99 each and shipping. I just wanted some PC Engine games, and I recognized the Y's franchise which is why I got them.

Y's III
Y's IV

Nothing too special, but they are fun to have.

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:28:57 AM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
I will also be going Black Friday-ing at Wal-Mart tomorrow. My goal is to get these:

-32 inch Roku TV
-Splatoon
-Skate 3

I doubt I'll get the Roku, so if that's the case, I plan to snag some more WiiU games or PS4 titles.

So much for a hiatus, I guess....

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:53:29 AM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Cool find on the saturn import, they're hard to come across sometimes.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:24:34 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota

That particular game or Saturn imports in general? 

This place had quite a few Saturn imports, and they just posted that they got some sort of clear shell Saturn console that was from Japan, that was pretty cool.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:43:05 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico

That particular game or Saturn imports in general? 

This place had quite a few Saturn imports, and they just posted that they got some sort of clear shell Saturn console that was from Japan, that was pretty cool.

At least where I live any type of import is hard to come by. Very few times I actually got to purchase imports without resorting to ebay.
Many people here don't even know what a Sega Saturn is.