NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

64BitMatthew's Game Hunting Adventures A thread to start sharing my game finds

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:02:32 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
(Matthew 64Bit) < Eggplant Wizard >
Manitoba
Hey NA!
So I have been on NintendoAge for about 4.5 years now, and have been more of a lurker/occasional poster.  I've really enjoyed being a part of this site, as there is a ton of videogame knowledge that gets passed around here.  
Up until now though, I've never really posted about my game finds.  This has been for two reasons:
(1) I usually used youtube to share my game finds (was active there from about 2-7 years ago under the channels 64BitMatthew and Rammsteinfan234)
(2) I've always felt that my best finds were from about 5-7 years ago, when you could score great deals on the retro systems/games easily.  I usually had so many deals come my way I couldn't keep up with making videos for them.  So I've always felt that my current finds have pailed in comparison, so weren't worth sharing as much.
Now, with that being said, Over the last few months, I've really been enjoying collecting for the wii.  And starting yesterday, the wii u as well (more about that later).  To me, the wii, wii u and ds remind me of the golden days of game hunting.  Being able to find hidden gems, rare games, fun games, odd games, etc. for flat rate / cheap prices.  Its a fun time to collect for those systems.
So I've decided to start a thread here on nintendoage to share my finds.  I have no real idea where this will go.  It might be mostly wii, though I am still buying for lots of systems.  It may die off after a few finds, or it might make me way more active on here. We shall see!
So without further ado, here are some of my more recent finds!

-------------------------

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:10:07 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
January 21st, 2017
Now I won't be posting a bunch of past pickups, just new ones as they come.  But with that being said, I wanted to share this one and felt it wasn't that long ago.  At a pawnshop about 2 hours away from me (I live in a small farming community in Canada, so I have to travel to the larger city to actually game hunt in pawnshops, game stores, etc) I found the following games.  Their deal was that all wii, ps3 and xbox 360 games are 5 for $20, or $5 each.  I grabbed the seven shown below.  I then noticed that they had some ds games on clearance for $1 each.  Most were your typical $1 ds games, though I found one gem in the box.  So, for $31 (Canadian) total, I got:

Edited: 02/05/2017 at 10:11 PM by 64BitMatthew

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:19:57 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
February 17th, 2017
As mentioned in the first post, I've been on a big wii kick for the last few months.  It's a fun system, with a huge library, that a lot of people tend to overlook.  But thanks to NA, I've been able to find some new fun games to play, some rarer games for cheap, etc.  It's just a ton of fun to collect for right now.  Usually I stick to pawn shops and facebook for sale groups to get my wii games for dirt cheap, but I recently went to Amazon to order a few harder to find games.  These three showed up to my mailbox last friday.

Edited: 04/11/2017 at 09:06 PM by 64BitMatthew

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:52:57 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Nice Wii pick ups.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:54:16 AM
SuperSteamBoy (0)
(Gary ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
I want that barnyard blast.... Been looking for it on the cheap lately with no luck...About ready to buy it on ebay.

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:12:27 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
Originally posted by: SuperSteamBoy

I want that barnyard blast.... Been looking for it on the cheap lately with no luck...About ready to buy it on ebay.
I was the same way.  I had looked at it a few times online, but didn't really want to pay the going rate for it.  So I was pretty happy to find it for a dollar.  It's not a well known game, so you might eventually find a copy for cheap too

Originally posted by: LastCat

Nice Wii pick ups.
Thanks! Pretty happy to get some sealed Maximum games

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:16:24 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: 64BitMatthew

I was the same way.  I had looked at it a few times online, but didn't really want to pay the going rate for it.  So I was pretty happy to find it for a dollar.  It's not a well known game, so you might eventually find a copy for cheap too

me too! Game looks really rad. $1 is a great deal

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:40:02 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
February 3rd, 2017
So I've been wanting to get a wii u for a while now, but planned on waiting until the nintendo switch was out, to hopefully grab a wii u then cheap.  But, looking at how few consoles sold and how Nintendo was already trying to sweep the wii u under the rug before the switch is even out,  I decided I should grab one now if I could find a decent deal.
So I managed to find the following bundle.  It was $320 (Canadian) plus 5 ps2 games.  I went with this one as it came boxed, with a pro controller, and 7 quality games.  It might be hard to see in the pic, but the games are: Mario Kart 8, Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD,  Super Smash bros wii u, pikmin 3, super mario 3d world, nintendoland, and scribblenauts unlimited.  All are fully complete and non-player choice copies.  So for a boxed system, pro controller and 7 games I knew I was going to buy anyway,  I figured that was a solid enough deal to jump on.  

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:49:17 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
February 5th, 2017
So now that I had a wii u system, I wanted to grab some games for it.  The first two games I got (besides the one the bundle came with), were nes remix pack and zombi-u.  Both were ones that I had wanted before I got my system.  I have played nes remix on the 3ds before, and zombi-u looked like fun.  The nes remix pack was supposed to be $30 and zombi-u was supposed to be $15, But I used trade credit and got both for free.  Zombi-u is sealed, though I will probably open it soon to play.

February 6th, 2017
Today I had to run out to grab a few things, so I decided to check out my local Giant Tiger stores videogame bin when I was there.  They had a few wii u games, and they were all marked at $10, so I might go back for a few others in the future.  This time, I just grabbed ninja gaiden 3 and batman arkham city.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:26:03 AM
SuperSteamBoy (0)
Michigan
Lol ....someone's on a Wii u buying spree. I just bought hello kitty kruisers that's really hard to find. If your going for a complete set, start looking for the Hello kitty pronto. Check the local Tru bargain bin...the ones I see sealed on ebay have come from tru and I have seen some there myself, in fact I'm going to every tru in my area Thursday in search of some sealed copies.

Edited: 02/07/2017 at 01:28 AM by SuperSteamBoy

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:54:08 AM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba

Lol ....someone's on a Wii u buying spree. I just bought hello kitty kruisers that's really hard to find. If your going for a complete set, start looking for the Hello kitty pronto. Check the local Tru bargain bin...the ones I see sealed on ebay have come from tru and I have seen some there myself, in fact I'm going to every tru in my area Thursday in search of some sealed copies.

Thanks for the tip on looking at tru. Yeah, the wii u thread on here got me pumped up for the system, so I got one sooner rather then later. From that thread I wrote about 15 wii u games to keep an eye out for, though recently hello kitty kruisers seems to be the #1 on most people's radar for the system. I'm hoping to come across one in a bargain bin or pawnshop sometime, before word gets out to everyone about it. We shall see lol. Thanks again

Edited: 02/07/2017 at 02:55 AM by 64BitMatthew

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:51:35 AM
SuperSteamBoy (0)
Michigan
Make sure to check GS online as well, that's how I found mine. I was lucky enough to had watched a video this past Saturday on how the game was rare and sure enough picked the game up the next morning at a somewhat local gs.

Edited: 02/07/2017 at 03:53 AM by SuperSteamBoy

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:12:08 AM
Now get brutal (32)
(Adam ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Snagged a copy of Barnyard Blast myself just a few days ago for $2.99. Solid decision!

Nintendo 64 cart only collection 296/296. Completed 2/4/17.

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:22:22 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
Originally posted by: Now get brutal

Snagged a copy of Barnyard Blast myself just a few days ago for $2.99. Solid decision!

Nice! Have you had a chance to play it yet?  If so, what is your first impression of the game?

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:33:52 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
February 11th, 2017
With the way retro game prices have gotten, I have really been trying to concentrate on wii and wii u games lately.  This past saturday I went to visit some friends in a town 2 hours away from me, and we hit up quite a few ebgames and pawnshops while I was there.  For those that might not know, ebgames in Canada has recently slashed a lot of their wii and ds game prices.  
Here is what I walked away with (minus 2 xbox 360 games and a ps3 game I forgot to take a pic of).  

The wii games were from both pawn shops and ebgames, and averaged $2.50 each.  Nothing special, but cib games I didn't have already.

The wii u games were from both pawn shops and ebgames as well, though a bit more varied in price.  I'll list prices under the pic.

-  LegoMarvel super heros - $14.99
- Epic Mickey 2 and Assasin's creed 3 - $9.99 each (sealed)
- Wii Party U - $16.99
- Rodea the sky soldier - $24.99 (sealed)
- Captain Toad Treasure tracker - $49.99 (sealed box bundle)
- new super mario bros u + new super luigi u - $30 no tax (best wii u deal I got I feel, as its still $75+ everywhere else around here it seems)

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:38:31 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
February 12th, 2017
Picked up the following gamecube lot for $40 (Canadian).  Happy to get another nintendo brand gamecube controller, nintendo brand n64 controller (not sure why it was in the bundle but I'll take it) and pikmin cib.  All the games are in nice shape, so a few will be copy upgrades for games already in the collection.  I used to think the n64 was the king of wrestling games, but this gamecube lot has me rethinking that haha.

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:08:41 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Nice pickups! By all means if you are going to play Rodea The Sky Soldier I implore you to try the Wii version first since it has better graphics and controls. Both versions have significant changes in regards to game mechanics like for example in the Wii U version of the game you have limited flight time while on the Wii version you have unlimited.

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:21:25 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
Originally posted by: LastCat

Nice pickups! By all means if you are going to play Rodea The Sky Soldier I implore you to try the Wii version first since it has better graphics and controls. Both versions have significant changes in regards to game mechanics like for example in the Wii U version of the game you have limited flight time while on the Wii version you have unlimited.

Thanks for the heads up! I've head from a couple people that the wii version is superior, so I really wanted to find a copy that has both. I never really heard why the wii version is considered better though before now, so thanks for that info.

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:38:37 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico

Originally posted by: LastCat

Thanks for the heads up! I've head from a couple people that the wii version is superior, so I really wanted to find a copy that has both. I never really heard why the wii version is considered better though before now, so thanks for that info.

No problem man.

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:35:28 AM
Now get brutal (32)
(Adam ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan

Originally posted by: Now get brutal

Nice! Have you had a chance to play it yet?  If so, what is your first impression of the game?

I only played through the first level, but from what I played it was fun. It reminded me of Zombieville USA (2009 release)

Nintendo 64 cart only collection 296/296. Completed 2/4/17.

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:02:43 PM
Bunkland (0)
< Little Mac >
Ontario
Just a heads up EB Games here in Ontario anyways has 75% off Wii and DS titles! They are done accepting them for trades and clearing house! I've been hitting them all in my area trying to scoop up some gems.

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:50:23 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
Originally posted by: Bunkland

Just a heads up EB Games here in Ontario anyways has 75% off Wii and DS titles! They are done accepting them for trades and clearing house! I've been hitting them all in my area trying to scoop up some gems.

Yep the same sale is going on here in Manitoba too. Well, most wii and ds games are 75% off, some used games are still regular priced (mostly 1st party titles).  I went to 5 ebgames a few days ag and bought about 12 wii games, though each location was pretty picked over already.

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:51:57 PM
Bunkland (0)
< Little Mac >
Ontario
I got semi lucky in my travels! Found a copy of Mario and Luigi Partners In Time for 14.99, complete, Super Princess Peach for the same price, Space-Bust-A-Move for $2.99 and then I scooped up everything priced under $0.99 with a nice case to replace some rough ones I had. There were a few other games I got dirt cheap too, like Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey.

I've almost completely started to focus on DS collecting. What a great handheld with soo many great gems in the library.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:20:10 PM
64BitMatthew (31)
Manitoba
February 15th, 2017
So as I mentioned a couple posts back, ebgames in Canada is clearing out wii and ds games.  So I wanted to head to a town 1 hour away from me, and check out the two ebgames there, before they got too picked over.  I also stopped at a pawn shop and one retro videogame store.  Here are my finds:

EBGames:

While it may just look like I grab anything, I stuck to just cib games, and ones that either myself or someone in my family would like (I have a wife, a 4 year old son and a 2 year old daughter).  I left the price stickers on the games for the picture so that everyone could see what I paid, but if you have trouble reading one and want to know, feel free to ask me.  Overall, cib games for a buck or two is always a win in my books.

Pawn shop and Videogame store:

All the games pictured above are cib.  Elebits and Left for dead were from a pawnshop, and I got the pair for $10 total.  Call of duty ghosts was from ebgames, and was $9.50.  Skate 2 and Twilight Princess were from a privately owned videogame store, and would have been $60 total, but I used trade credit to get them.  Twilight princess is factory sealed.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:53:13 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Nice pick ups. I was not aware EB Games is still around

Enjoy Left 4 Dead. It is a good game.  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e