Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2017 Weekly Contests Presents: Adventures of Bayou Billy, The Contest ends Sunday, 4/23/17 at 11 PM NA time

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:41:26 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Well, trying to loop the game twice before the end of the day.
At some point this week shark week is supposed to start, and this game and being easily enraged don't go along too well, so I better make most of I can today and tomorrow.

I expect the top three scores to be over 200k... you, guts and tables.

I want to at least loop it once and get over 100k before moving on to Kickle Cubicle.

-------------------------
Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:43:38 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: gutsman004

Originally posted by: mbd39

Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

battle toads is much easier imo.

the beat em up portion of this game is frustrating. in battle toads you approach an enemy and beat the hell out of them.

in bayou billy you try to approach an enemy only to have them do some random walking around you bull shit. so i have to chase them down, try to get an attack in, that slmost always results in billy getting attacked and taking damage. wtf.

im really not motivated to play this. sandafloor i forfeit the beat em up challenge just pick the avatar now  
Battletoads has a bunch of different stuff that is much harder than Bayou Billy.

Once you understand how the enemy AI works in Bayou Billy and know the strats, it's not that bad. You shouldn't be losing any lives until stage 3 (because of the boss fight) or 4. I recommend watching some Youtube videos.
i keep hearing "once you learn the ai" well, i dont think i have the patience. its like reading. not fun in the first place, so if i cant figure it out quick i have a hard time staying focused. 

to me it just looks like the enemies randomly come at you like a magnet, attack, then walk around random making billy chase them and attack when billy gets close. 

then those rock throwing guys...wtf... forget that. 

its like that "cheap" difficult that guts always...mentions   im suprised he likes this game because its chinsey as hell. 

aaaahhh ...let it go skinny. go watch a youtube video...

I dunno how far you've gotten, but it's the driving stages where the game becomes "cheap." You can't even simultaneously shoot and throw grenades so prepare to die when an enemy car and airplane/helicopter are both in front of you at the same time. That second driving stage can kiss my ass.

The beat em up sections are managable.

99% of the time I die in either stage it's due to running into a car,specifically when trying to shoot it going into a turn. Seems like the cars love to find that sweet spot to right when you turn so the bullets aren't directed at them. 

I've found that it pays to slow down when cars approach. Makes them much easier to shoot.

Edited: 04/16/2017 at 05:43 PM by mbd39

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:49:18 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

At some point this week shark week is supposed to start, and this game and being easily enraged don't go along too well, so I better make most of I can today and tomorrow.

I want to at least loop it once and get over 100k before moving on to Kickle Cubicle.

Going to try but we'll see. Seems those cars get me either way. Those two stages are pretty much the only thing keeping me from no deathing the game.
I always seem to at least die once or twice between those two stages.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:04:38 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Going to try but we'll see. Seems those cars get me either way. Those two stages are pretty much the only thing keeping me from no deathing the game.

I can't believe that I've never played this. Hopefully I can get some free time this week to give it a shot.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:17:29 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado

battle toads is much easier imo.

the beat em up portion of this game is frustrating. in battle toads you approach an enemy and beat the hell out of them.

in bayou billy you try to approach an enemy only to have them do some random walking around you bull shit. so i have to chase them down, try to get an attack in, that slmost always results in billy getting attacked and taking damage. wtf.

im really not motivated to play this. sandafloor i forfeit the beat em up challenge just pick the avatar now  

Damn it skinny! Get off the smack son!. Whatever happened to you during your ban has not been good to you! Shake it off and get your skinny ass back in contention! Sukafish!

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Edited: 04/16/2017 at 06:17 PM by SuperJimtendo

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:21:46 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

I can't believe that I've never played this. Hopefully I can get some free time this week to give it a shot.

When I first played it back in the day,I wanted to like it but hated it because of the difficulty. I held that same opinion until we first played it for the contest and I really started to come around and like it. I was still not anywhere near beating it. Fast forward to the past couple of years I've come full circle on the game and really like and enjoy it. It's not going to make it on a list of my top ten favorite NES games,but I really like this game now.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:28:18 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
So umm this game is kinda hard eh? Played it for the first time and ... didn't make participation

Haves     |     Wants

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:29:30 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

When I first played it back in the day,I wanted to like it but hated it because of the difficulty. I held that same opinion until we first played it for the contest and I really started to come around and like it. I was still not anywhere near beating it. Fast forward to the past couple of years I've come full circle on the game and really like and enjoy it. It's not going to make it on a list of my top ten favorite NES games,but I really like this game now.

I'm sure I rented it as a kid, but it's just one of those games that I don't really remember as standing out. Hopefully I can get some time this week to try it out. It's just my luck that Contra finally is on the schedule after I retired. I'm pretty sure TG rules give you 5 lives and I've maxed out the score on 3 so I might be able to put up something that week if looping the game is allowed.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:30:00 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Score update page 1.
I managed to loop the game twice. My poor fingers.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:33:26 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Score update page 1.

Nice! You didn't beat pegboy's score from 2014, but I doubt that your fingers could take anymore, lol.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:43:39 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

Score update page 1.

Geez. Just for one week I'd love to be good at a game that everyone else is not good at. Is that too much to ask? #willneverwinagain

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:46:55 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Score update page 1.

Geez. Just for one week I'd love to be good at a game that everyone else is not good at. Is that too much to ask? #willneverwinagain

Unfortunately there's no Metal Man in this game to impede Bea's progress.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:47:35 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

Score update page 1.

There is still a whole week to go for you.
You can beat it before next Sunday.  

Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:12:30 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

Score update page 1.

We'll see. I need to find out all the games that everyone hates then nominate them all for the contests next year and then I MIGHT have a shot.

Of course chances are some new player will come out of the woodwork and happen to be good at all of those games,dashing my hopes.

Edited: 04/16/2017 at 07:13 PM by gutsman004

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:16:18 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

Score update page 1.

We'll see. I need to find out all the games that everyone hates then nominate them all for the contests next year and then I MIGHT have a shot.

Of course chances are some new player will come out of the woodwork and happen to be good at all of those games,dashing my hopes.

I will have at most till Tuesday to try to improve my score.
I am pretty sure you can surpass it easily if you put yourself into it during the course of this week.  

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:20:12 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Score update page 1.

14>6. I'm not sure where our good buddy Shane went to, but if you need some motivation to step your game up, you can't have a better coach than the icon, the showstopper and the main event since he's the one that got me started.   Too bad we didn't get to do Hall of Fame induction interviews because Shane O Mac was as much of a trash talker as I was except he sucked.  

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:02:07 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

Score update page 1.

I am pretty sure you can surpass it easily if you put yourself into it during the course of this week.  

I've been playing this off and on all day and I haven't been able to beat what I put up earlier. I'm also trying to no death the first loop so if I've been dying at all before stage 6 (a majority of my runs),I've been resetting. I may change that as I'm not really getting anywhere.

EDIT: I think I need a tiny break from Bayou Billy as now I'm just making stupid mistakes and am getting frustrated by it.

Edited: 04/16/2017 at 08:12 PM by gutsman004

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:16:44 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

I've been playing this off and on all day and I haven't been able to beat what I put up earlier. I'm also trying to no death the first loop so if I've been dying at all before stage 6 (a majority of my runs),I've been resetting. I may change that as I'm not really getting anywhere.

EDIT: I think I need a tiny break from Bayou Billy as now I'm just making stupid mistakes and am getting frustrated by it.

Yeah, a break might be wise.
This game can get a bit tiresome and frustrating, specially when you start doing stupid mistakes.
There is plenty of time, and your current score is on par with mine for loop 2, stage 4. You can beat my score this week for sure.  

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:18:28 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

Damn it skinny! Get off the smack son!. Whatever happened to you during your ban has not been good to you! Shake it off and get your skinny ass back in contention! Sukafish!

lol   seriously! somebody give me a bottle amd change my diaper... this baby is crying! 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:03:30 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

lol   seriously! somebody give me a bottle amd change my diaper... this baby is crying! 

Okay, calm down Barry Horowitz and Marty Jannetty.  

Edited: 04/16/2017 at 09:05 PM by bearcat-doug

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:10:22 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado

Harvey wippleman up in this piece

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:17:09 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Are you really going to hit skinny that low? I at least let him be Marty Jannetty. He can make all of the trash talker icons he wants, but he's still not the showstopper, the icon, the main event and the Hall of Famer like old BCD.  

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:18:49 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado

Are you really going to hit skinny that low? I at least let him be Marty Jannetty. He can make all of the trash talker icons he wants, but he's still not the showstopper, the icon, the main event and the Hall of Famer like old BCD.  

I mean, it's not like I called him mantaur or anything

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:27:59 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

I mean, it's not like I called him mantaur or anything

If you want to bury the guy, you could just call him James Ellsworth. Triple H would probably let you borrow his shovel for that one.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:27:59 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Eh... none of you are good, chaste, drunk girls!