Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Cosmic Genesis Famicom Prototype Does it look legit?

Jun 03 at 6:07:31 AM
Dyer60 (31)

< Cherub >
Northern Ireland
Hi all was sent over here from SegaAge to access some expert knowledge.

I recently picked up a Famicom cart that looked rather odd and after opening was presented with the following:

To my eyes it looks like an original Prototype/Sample on EPROMS.

However whilst I ahve lots of experience of Sega proto's I haven't seen many early Nintendo ones especially Famicom. So what are your thoughts does it look like a legit board and EPROMS from back in the day?

I have now covered the EPROM windows and I am awaiting a Famiclone to test it ASAP.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

Jun 03 at 6:52:44 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Im not an expert, but this reminds me of one of those fami-corder cartridges the way they have the switch like that. Perhaps try dumping it to see if it is pre-release. Normally I say date codes on the chips are a telltale sign but the game was released in '86, and the chips are on or before, except for the chr rom which for some reason doesn't have any markings...

https://famicomworld.com/system/other/fami-corder/

-------------------------
Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Edited: 06/03/2019 at 06:53 AM by SNESNESCUBE64

Jun 03 at 8:35:04 AM
Dyer60 (31)

< Cherub >
Northern Ireland
Originally posted by: SNESNESCUBE64

Im not an expert, but this reminds me of one of those fami-corder cartridges the way they have the switch like that. Perhaps try dumping it to see if it is pre-release. Normally I say date codes on the chips are a telltale sign but the game was released in '86, and the chips are on or before, except for the chr rom which for some reason doesn't have any markings...

https://famicomworld.com/system/other/fami-corder/

Thanks.

Good shuot, it does indeed look like one of the carts used for the fami-corder, the switch maybe the give away.

I haven't got any means of dumping but will carry on my research.

Edited: 06/03/2019 at 08:41 AM by Dyer60

Jun 03 at 10:12:27 PM
Yelir (28)
(Riley Gallant) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Yeah this is 90% one of those generic carts you use with a Famicom Writer.