Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Back of Carts Information

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:14:15 PM
Roth (67)
(Rob Bryant) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
I just received my copy of Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt in the mail, and noticed something. It says NES-FM-USA on the label, but on the back it has a label that says NES-USA/CAN-1 on it, along with English and French under the caution. Does this mean that some games didn't get a solely Canadian cart, but that they started classifying them together at one point... or did they always classify them together and the actual version was determined by the label? Or, do I possibly have a back of the cart that was switched? Just wondering, as I don't know too much about variations like most everyone here.

-------------------------
http://slydogstudios.org...

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:20:47 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Some of the later releases only came with the USA/CAN back codes, such as Pugsley's (there isn't a non-USA/CAN version AFAIK). There are other games as well, such as Wario's Woods, etc. This is info that will be populated eventually.

-Dain

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:30:05 PM
Roth (67)
(Rob Bryant) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Okay, thanks for the info. Learn something new everyday :) Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!... or teach them new things... whatever. Thanks!

http://slydogstudios.org...

Mar 6, 2007 at 3:08:18 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Yeah, it was apparently done to conform to Canada's retarded language laws. Everything sold in Canada must be available in English and French. Probably started getting enforced late in the NES' life.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee