Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Black N64 Zelda OoT cartridge ..what is this?

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:09:07 AM
Vaosu (20)
(Richard Woodard) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Ikhana, good to see you made it onto NintendoAge

As others have said, from all info I've seen online about the European release of OoT, I'd assume that it is simply just a transplant of the board and label (or a reprint of the label) onto a Turok or WWF cart, just to be cooler looking.

@Romargable, the Special Edition OoT you're speaking of is shown here: http://www.gamesniped.com/wp-cont...

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:10:50 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Faltain1

Don't get your panties in a twist people, it's probably nothing more then a black carted game's exterior over an OoT's board with an OoT's sticker on it.

I know there's a ton of black N64 carted games out there, and it's a ton easier to open the (likely shitty sports games) black cart up and swap out the inside and outer sticker for another game then it is to custom paint a grey cart.

That'd be my guess.

Y'all can do something like this too pretty easy with a gamebit, original copy of a game and someone selling N64 front labels.
It sucks if that's the case, but it also sounds easy to do. 

-------------------------
"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM
Faltain1 (112)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(~Faltain~ ) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: DarkTone

Originally posted by: Faltain1

Don't get your panties in a twist people, it's probably nothing more then a black carted game's exterior over an OoT's board with an OoT's sticker on it.

I know there's a ton of black N64 carted games out there, and it's a ton easier to open the (likely shitty sports games) black cart up and swap out the inside and outer sticker for another game then it is to custom paint a grey cart.

That'd be my guess.

Y'all can do something like this too pretty easy with a gamebit, original copy of a game and someone selling N64 front labels.
It sucks if that's the case, but it also sounds easy to do. 

It's incredibly easy to do.

I've done it myself with SNES reproductions using Killer Instinct + Maximum Carnage/Doom Black/Red carts respectively to add spice/uniqueness.

To-do manuals: Arabian Knights, Gulliver Boy, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Flying Hero
Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:46:32 AM
Ikhana (2)
(Anne Martha Harnes) < Cherub >
Norway
Romargable: Mine is PAL, from Germany. I've never heard about any "black special edition box" like the one you describe. I do however own one of the brown boxes with Link on it, that Vaosu posted a link to. That's also a special edition from Germany, but the cartridge itself is normal.
If this really is something rare, maybe I should try posting this in a German forum or something..
Do you remember where you read abot the black box? (or was it just the brown one afterall?)