Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The hell is up with OG xbox games being total crap price-wise

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:32:28 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Silent Hill

Originally posted by: 1337bcc1991

First I will say, and I know "WTF" is usually paired with a complaint... but I am hardly complaining about the games being so cheap. If I bought solely the XBOX lot for what I thought was a good price, got home and researched prices, and found out I paid more for the lot than it's actually worth while I thought I was getting a good price... THEN I would complain outright, but to you saying "why are you complaining"... I'm not.

I was genuinely curious as to why the prices are shit right now. This thread got a lot more response than I thought it would within several hours, and there are a lot of knowledgeable responses in here (which I counted on)... so thanks for that; I have more insight now on the topic for sure.

I have decided that I am keeping a handful of titles (KOTOR I + II, Stubbs, Ninja Gaiden + NG: Black, and Shenmue II) and selling the rest off.

Got a list?

I will have one within the next hour or two.  Thing is, unless you only want a title or two, I'm looking to unload the whole batch at once (for a fair price, of course, but I don't want all the $5-6 titles to be cherrypicked from the $2-3 ones

-------------------------
Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:33:05 PM
th0rpe (36)
(JT ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: cirellio

@Th0rpe - Got a wishlist?

Eh not really man, other than a complete Steel Battalion which I will have to pick up locally. I mostly only add games to my collection if I can get them pretty cheap ($2 or $3) due to the fact I am collecting for a good amount of systems. If I hear about a specific game I would like to try I usually turn to an online source for purchase, but the rest of my collection has came from local finds. And those are just getting fewer and fewer.

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:48:08 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
My current want list... just tossing it out there.

Arx Fatalis (Disk Only)
Cold Fear (CIB)
CSI (CIB)
Enclave (CIB)
Digimon World 4 (CIB)
D&D Heroes (CIB)
Night Caster II (CIB)
Hunter: The Reckoning (CIB)
Hunter: The Reckoning: Redeemer (CIB)

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Edited: 11/17/2015 at 12:48 PM by Daria

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:14:57 PM
FritzWhite (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: Gentlegamer

While we're on the subject, how expensive is Metal Wolf Chaos, and will it play on an unmodded US ECKSBAWKS?

I just had my Halo edition Xbox modded and after saving the game to the hard drive, am unloading my copy of Metal Wolf Chaos. I have the least expensive copy on ebay listed at $130, but will let it go for $110 if anyone wants to buy it from me here. It's in mint condition except for a minor bend in the manual.

Edited: 11/17/2015 at 01:25 PM by FritzWhite

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:19:33 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: th0rpe

@Th0rpe - Got a wishlist?

Eh not really man, other than a complete Steel Battalion which I will have to pick up locally. I mostly only add games to my collection if I can get them pretty cheap ($2 or $3) due to the fact I am collecting for a good amount of systems. If I hear about a specific game I would like to try I usually turn to an online source for purchase, but the rest of my collection has came from local finds. And those are just getting fewer and fewer.

Good luck man! I see the two Steel Battalion games fairly regularly, but I've only seen the complete deal in the box once. Not the kind of thing I'm interested in so I passed on it.

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:28:14 PM
FritzWhite (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
What do your guys' xbox collections look like? Let's see your favorite games.

Here's my collection:

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:29:18 PM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
It kills me. I have a friend who was given the complete Steel Battalion set CIB because his buddy needed space in the garage, and never played it. Said friend has no interest in OG Xbox, but does not want to come off SB either. Grrr...

My FS/FO thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:34:47 PM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois
Originally posted by: FritzWhite

Here's my collection:

Call of Cthulu, Metal Slug 4+5, Psychonauts, and Stubbs are all games I want that you have. And maybe Fatal Frame II. Very nice collection. Why are you getting rid of Metal Wolf Chaos btw? 

Here's mine (reposted from a different thread):

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:48:22 PM
FritzWhite (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California

Here's my collection:

Call of Cthulu, Metal Slug 4+5, Psychonauts, and Stubbs are all games I want that you have. And maybe Fatal Frame II. Very nice collection. Why are you getting rid of Metal Wolf Chaos btw? 

Thank you, I'm trying to read the titles of your games but the text is a bit small. I see that you have Tench though and that's one of my favorite games after Manhunt. It's a shame that only PS2 got the cop level at the end and the Xbox version didn't have that.

I've decided that I'm more of a gamer than a collector so I'm getting rid of the redundancy in my collection. That is, if I can play a game off the hard drive, I won't keep a physical copy. Space, or lack of it, is one issue, another is that I'd like to invest a little $ into my business. I'm just at a stage where I don't get the same satisfaction that I once did from collecting and having physical copies of all of my games, though Xbox is one of my favorite collections and it's worth so little that it doesn't make sense to me to sell off any of the other titles. I can't fit my entire Xbox library onto the hard drive anyways, there's only room for 3-4 og xbox games and MWC is one of them, so I plan to keep the rest of the physical library apart from MWC.

I'm also selling my Wii and DS collection and doing the mod/R4 thing with those as well. To me, less is more these days. I'll keep an eye out for dupes of those games you like and let you know if I find them, though I don't hunt as actively as I used to.

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:54:33 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
I may have some pictures of my Xbox stuff on my IG: https://www.instagram.com/silent_...

I have so many titles in totes so it's tough for me to take pictures of them at the moment. I need a full basement :/

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:57:39 PM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois

Here's my collection:

Thank you, I'm trying to read the titles of your games but the text is a bit small. I see that you have Tench though and that's one of my favorite games after Manhunt. It's a shame that only PS2 got the cop level at the end and the Xbox version didn't have that.

I've decided that I'm more of a gamer than a collector so I'm getting rid of the redundancy in my collection. That is, if I can play a game off the hard drive, I won't keep a physical copy. Space, or lack of it, is one issue, another is that I'd like to invest a little $ into my business. I'm just at a stage where I don't get the same satisfaction that I once did from collecting and having physical copies of all of my games, though Xbox is one of my favorite collections and it's worth so little that it doesn't make sense to me to sell off any of the other titles. I can't fit my entire Xbox library onto the hard drive anyways, there's only room for 3-4 og xbox games and MWC is one of them, so I plan to keep the rest of the physical library apart from MWC.

I'm also selling my Wii and DS collection and doing the mod/R4 thing with those as well. To me, less is more these days. I'll keep an eye out for dupes of those games you like and let you know if I find them, though I don't hunt as actively as I used to.

Thanks! I've been very excited about the PSP and XBox lately. 
Here's a list of the games-

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1, 2
Conker's Live and Reloaded
DDR Ultramix 1, 2, 3, 4
Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball
D&D Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas
Fable
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Gunvalkyrie
Halo (missing from this pic)
Halo 2
Jade Empire Special Edition
Max Payne
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
MTV Music Generator 3
Ninja Gaiden and NG Black
Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot
Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of X-Mas
Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas
Panzer Dragoon: Orta
Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2
Phantom Dust
Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat
Price of Persia: Sands of Time and Warrior Within
Red Ninja: End of Honor
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur II
Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Sudeki
Taito Legends
Tenchu: Return from Darkness
Toe Jam & Earl III
Tron 2.0: Killer App
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dawn of Destiny

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:05:31 PM
FritzWhite (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California

Here's my collection:

Thanks! I've been very excited about the PSP and XBox lately. 
Here's a list of the games-

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1, 2
Conker's Live and Reloaded
DDR Ultramix 1, 2, 3, 4
Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball
D&D Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas
Fable
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Gunvalkyrie
Halo (missing from this pic)
Halo 2
Jade Empire Special Edition
Max Payne
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
MTV Music Generator 3
Ninja Gaiden and NG Black
Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot
Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of X-Mas
Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas
Panzer Dragoon: Orta
Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2
Phantom Dust
Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat
Price of Persia: Sands of Time and Warrior Within
Red Ninja: End of Honor
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur II
Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Sudeki
Taito Legends
Tenchu: Return from Darkness
Toe Jam & Earl III
Tron 2.0: Killer App
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dawn of Destiny

Cool games, I might be down to part with Call of Cthulu and Fatal Frame 2. I'm not as into horror anymore. I'll play them again and let you know.

Oh, and on topic, why would low prices be considered crappy? I've seen so many threads about prices being too high. I don't get it.

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:09:22 PM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio

Here's my collection:

Cool games, I might be down to part with Call of Cthulu and Fatal Frame 2. I'm not as into horror anymore. I'll play them again and let you know.

Oh, and on topic, why would low prices be considered crappy? I've seen so many threads about prices being too high. I don't get it.

It's not cool unless it's popular and/or expensive? I wouldn't look too much into it  

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:10:05 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other
High prices = bad when you're looking
High prices = good when you're holding
Low prices = bad when you're holding
Low prices = good when you're looking

It's not that people can't make up their minds... but it's all about context, and in a sense, selfishness. Not judging you, op, just speaking to NA's reaction to pricing lately across the board.

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:48:07 PM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Daria

Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

I always purposely grab multi platform games on either the PS2 of GCN solely because of how much I hate the controller for the system. I only pick up exclusive games to play on it and just try and do my best to enjoy the game despite that junky Gamepad.

What exactly did you hate about the controller?

The D-Pad is unusable, the ABXY buttons feel like fisher price made them and never seem as responsive as I want, the rear triggers have just too much give to them, I really dislike having the thumb sticks off centered, the few times I've had to use the Black and White buttons have just been horrendous and the break away cable has a tendency of  "breaking away" during game play. Just one of my least favorite controllers of all time

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:

http://rfgenerationcollectorcast....
677/677 Licensed NES Games
94/94 TG16 Games

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:05:07 PM
Daria (29)
Florida

">
">

May favorite games are: Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame, Call of Cthulhu, Jade Empire, KOTOR2, Fable, Sudeki, Bards Tale, Baldur's Gate DA2, Still Life, and Pirates!

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Edited: 11/17/2015 at 03:08 PM by Daria

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:05:47 PM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois

I always purposely grab multi platform games on either the PS2 of GCN solely because of how much I hate the controller for the system. I only pick up exclusive games to play on it and just try and do my best to enjoy the game despite that junky Gamepad.

The D-Pad is unusable, the ABXY buttons feel like fisher price made them and never seem as responsive as I want, the rear triggers have just too much give to them, I really dislike having the thumb sticks off centered, the few times I've had to use the Black and White buttons have just been horrendous and the break away cable has a tendency of  "breaking away" during game play. Just one of my least favorite controllers of all time

Hm, the breakaway has saved the life of my poor controllers and console many times as a toddler or child runs by. 
The ABXY buttons seem fine to me. They are miles better than the Tetris, liver, and spleen-shaped buttons on the Gamecube controller!
I guess I can see what you mean about the D-Pad though.

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:10:14 PM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio

May favorite games are: Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame, Call of Cthulhu, Jade Empire, KOTOR2, Fable, Sudeki, Bards Tale, Baldur's Gate DA2, Still Life, and Pirates!

Nice standalone JSRF and Syberia II

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:10:46 PM
Daria (29)
Florida
Damn phone images are huge... sorry about that.

edit: and I really need to dust.

Edited: 11/17/2015 at 03:14 PM by Daria

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:11:18 PM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio

Hm, the breakaway has saved the life of my poor controllers and console many times as a toddler or child runs by. 
The ABXY buttons seem fine to me. They are miles better than the Tetris, liver, and spleen-shaped buttons on the Gamecube controller!
I've always felt the offset analog sticks are ideal for shooters (1st/3rd person). I actually can't think of a game where I wouldn't prefer offset analogs. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:15:46 PM
Daria (29)
Florida

Syberia 2 is another good one. I like adventure games. Did it come in a bundle pack?

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:19:38 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia

I like the Gamecube buttons. Much easier than a square of 4 identical buttons to remember what does what for me.

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:26:47 PM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio

Syberia 2 is another good one. I like adventure games. Did it come in a bundle pack?

Not as far as I know. I've only seen both by themselves, but I see the second far less than the first. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:28:39 PM
Daria (29)
Florida

Not as far as I know. I've only seen both by themselves, but I see the second far less than the first. 

Oh... I see, it was just the way you followed up after standalone JSRF. Nevermind.

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:31:14 PM
Heartbreak7 (23)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
I'm a big OG Xbox fan, have around 150 games for it, love the fact that they are so cheap right now. I can see it being rough as a re-seller sitting on a bunch of them though...