Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew Eskimo Bob for NES: Now In Stock!

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:04:35 AM
toma (0)
(Tomas Guinan) < Crack Trooper >
Nova Scotia

Just wanted everyone to know that all the print materials have arrived, the carts are assembled and tested, and everything will start shipping next week! Here's a shot that I took of the whole package together. If you didn't back the Kickstarter and you'd like to pick up a copy of the game, I still have a few available at https://www.spoonybard.ca/product/eskimo-bob-nes-game-boxed

-------------------------
http://www.spoonybard.ca

Edited: 09/06/2017 at 12:04 AM by toma

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:49:23 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Yes!! So awesome. Congrats!

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:42:04 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Record time for KS fulfillment! Can't wait to play it.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:30:21 PM
IBtiM (11)
(Tim Hartman) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Congrats on the release.

Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Pre-Order our new NES game Full Quiet now Backerkit! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Sep 10, 2017 at 11:54:45 PM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Just played the demo today and it's lots of fun. Good luck with the rest of your sales!

KDDK Player  

Sep 18, 2017 at 4:56:28 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Just got the LE copy today in the mail! So far at level 9. Really fun little game. I just enjoy playing it so far!

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:35:52 PM
toma (0)
Nova Scotia
Glad you're enjoying it!

Sep 19, 2017 at 8:04:50 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Got mine today!

Thank you!

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:01:14 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Have all of them shipped? I haven't seen a shipping notification. Just curious if I will be getting a surprise in the mail this week!

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:12:38 PM
toma (0)
Nova Scotia
I haven't shipped any since I got word of the corner being damaged in the one box. I ordered some cardstock to reinforce the mailers. Should be here within the next day or two, and when it arrives I'll finish shipping out the rest of the packages.

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:00:12 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Funny you say that, I had 4 or 5 boxes damaged in shipping that I had to mail new ones to in the past 3 months. Hope your fix helps.

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:43:55 AM
toma (0)
Nova Scotia
Originally I was sending them tightly wrapped in bubble wrap them inserted in a mailer. I've only had the one complaint so far and it was fairly minor. Most people are saying they're fine.. The new method is first wrapped in bubble wrap, then a sort of cardstock burrito around that, then inserted in the mailer. I packed one up and tossed it around the room a bit and it came out undamaged, so here's hoping!

Sep 20, 2017 at 9:42:26 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: toma

Originally I was sending them tightly wrapped in bubble wrap them inserted in a mailer. I've only had the one complaint so far and it was fairly minor. Most people are saying they're fine.. The new method is first wrapped in bubble wrap, then a sort of cardstock burrito around that, then inserted in the mailer. I packed one up and tossed it around the room a bit and it came out undamaged, so here's hoping!
It is honestly unavoidable that some will get damaged as the postal service is crazy. For the VGBS Season 1 games I mailed all the boxes in box protectors, bubbled wrapped in Priority boxes which basically had no issues. In Europe however, Antoine used bubble mailers instead of boxes like I do stateside and apparently they step on packages as some of those were crushed.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:48:54 AM
toma (0)
Nova Scotia
This is the worst damage that's been reported to me so far, so I think things are in pretty good shape. The real test is when international orders start going out though. All of those will have the card burrito at least, so that should help.

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:30:22 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Mine were all bubblewrapped in small priority. With the LEs, that small priority was in a medium priority, still crushed the box. I was told by the post lady "You need to pack these to withstand 70 lbs of force falling from 3-5 feet on them since that is the maximum weight for priority mail." I was like "They are your freaking boxes! Build them better."

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:35:53 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
I always count on orders from overseas being messed up. For some reason, and I'm sure it's monetary, no one from overseas will ship in a box. So, when I get the games, the game boxes for them are always bent in some way. The Mojon Twins tried to separate the boxes and ship them pre-bent (for lack of a better way to say it), and they were still in bad shape when they arrived. So, I've learned to just get over it. I was wondering why I hadn't see my game yet when others had, but if you haven't shipped international orders yet, that makes sense. I'm looking forward to playing it!

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:31:27 PM
toma (0)
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: Fleck586

I always count on orders from overseas being messed up. For some reason, and I'm sure it's monetary, no one from overseas will ship in a box. So, when I get the games, the game boxes for them are always bent in some way. The Mojon Twins tried to separate the boxes and ship them pre-bent (for lack of a better way to say it), and they were still in bad shape when they arrived. So, I've learned to just get over it. I was wondering why I hadn't see my game yet when others had, but if you haven't shipped international orders yet, that makes sense. I'm looking forward to playing it!

Actually, I just checked and yours was mailed out. You should be getting it any day now.

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:19:51 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
You are definitely earning some good will with the turnaround on the kickstarter. Congrats on the release. I can't wait to play!

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:55:09 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: toma

Originally posted by: Fleck586

Actually, I just checked and yours was mailed out. You should be getting it any day now.

Got it last night!  it had some very minor issues, but nothing I am complaining about.  I have to tell you it was a nice touch to have the LE card in there with it, as well as the cart being wrapped up inside.  I can't bring myself to open it, it's packaged so well.  LOL!  Will be giving it a spin this weekend

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:00:41 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Originally posted by: JamesRobot

You are definitely earning some good will with the turnaround on the kickstarter. Congrats on the release. I can't wait to play!

I have to agree, well done! Played the demo again last week, I'm pretty excited for this to arrive!

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Sep 22, 2017 at 9:21:19 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
This game is just so much fun. Probably played for 3 hours straight. Took a break at level 40 for now.   Thanks for bringing this game to life and letting us all play it!

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:46:34 AM
toma (0)
Nova Scotia
I'm really happy that everyone seems to be enjoying it. The response has been overwhelmingly positive. It's definitely inspiring me to try making another game in the future.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:16:05 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
FYI, it still says that the item is a pre-order item after I placed my order. And I assumed the prices on the website were Canadian dollars and not US dollars since it's a .ca website, but I'm not complaining.   Excited to try out the game when it arrives.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:16:06 PM
TheCavalry (11)

< Crack Trooper >
Utah
Still waiting on my KS Reward to arrive.

Have you started shipping again (with reinforcement) since there were reports of damaged cartridges? Anxious to have my copy to play!

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:35:32 PM
toma (0)
Nova Scotia
I started shipping again on Friday with the extra cardstock layer. I have every backer over $100 sent now and I'm hoping to get the rest out next week. As soon as those are done I'll send out the website orders, then I'll remove the preorder tagline. I have it listed in USD instead of Canadian because the vast majority of my orders have been American, so it just seemed easier.

Edited: 09/23/2017 at 03:37 PM by toma