Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NES deck variations

Apr 4, 2007 at 3:01:03 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Hey all, I just had a question about how many variations there are as far as NES decks are concerned. I have a pretty low number S/N N0481951. the top of the NES is very smooth compared to my others (the others have a bumpy texture) and the bottom has different stickers on the bottom. There is also a No,1 cast on the bottom inside the ridge by the expantion cover. I also had another deck with a higher S/N with different labels (similar to what you would see on an SNES) as well. Have I gone too far off the rocker here in noticing these things???

Apr 4, 2007 at 5:44:08 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
No, there are many revisions. Does yours flash blue? Blue was the standard flashing colour early on and if it flashes blue it has the best chance of being compatible with all unlicensed games. Later on, when NOA started tinkering around to stay one step ahead of the renegades, the screens started flashing pink, yellow, etc. I don't know if anyone on the net has ever decided to document any of this, though, or figure out which serial numbers match up with which revisions. Anybody else?

-------------------------

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Edited: 04/04/2007 at 05:44 PM by Dr. Morbis