-------------------------
-Andy

Check Out My Collection
http://www.andynes.zoomshare.com

May 31, 2010 at 12:41:43 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
$65 is more than this lot is worth. These are mostly $0.25 games.

May 31, 2010 at 12:42:39 AM
RetroBasement (142)
(I read PM's !) < King Solomon >
Ohio
honestly i wouldnt do tht A. i dont care about atari B. i dont know the going rates for those games but im assuming they are all worth 1-3 $

May 31, 2010 at 12:42:55 AM
350f (1)
(Andy Hagen) < Crack Trooper >
Missouri
Thanks. I don't know anything about Atari stuff. I figured it was all commons though. Thanks.

-Andy

Check Out My Collection
http://www.andynes.zoomshare.com

May 31, 2010 at 12:44:06 AM
del01 (81)
(Retrosexual ) < El Ripper >
Ontario
That's no where near a great deal. I would hold out and try to find a starter at a yardsale. They are around. Nothing in there is rare as they are all common games. You can even find better deals on ebay. If it is boxed with everything inside such as the cardboard inserts and manuals and such then I would say go for it. There are many different atari's out there and some are more desirable than others. If this is an original atari 6 switch woody made in sunnyvale california (it will say on the bottom ) Then grab it. It's worth more than hes asking. Ohter than that though..hit the yardsale circut or watch ebay. Good Luck.

My name is del01 and I approve this message.

If del was a chair...
I'd sit on it like Michelle Pfeiffer in the gangsters paradise video - Herbalist

May 31, 2010 at 1:15:14 AM
Levirules (12)
(Levi Morgan) < Meka Chicken >
New York
I don't know muhlch about Atari, but I did a little bit of initial research one day after seeing one with a bunch of games at a junk store. I was like "I should probably at least know a little about this." Seems that the systems are worth quite a bit compared to the games; you can find lots of games on eBay, 30+ games for just a few bucks, literally. So if you can find a system for $20, regardless of how many games are with it, just visit eBay, spend like ten bucks, and you'll have a decent beginning to an Atari collection.

At least that's what I would do.

::: Now playing: Demon's Souls, Portal 2 :::

May 31, 2010 at 1:38:14 AM
KidOrrorin (25)
(Frankie Wenzel) < Meka Chicken >
Quebec
My rule of thumb with Atari games is if the amount you'll pay exceeds the number of carts then you're probably paying too much. I've bought three Atari lots this month and accumulated over 200 carts, none of which are worth more than $2 alone and that's mainly due to the condition of the games. Del knows, though I've been pretty crummy with getting back to him with everything I'm selling (sorry!), that more than half of what I bought is flawed. It's hard finding really nice Atari carts in the wild, at least in my experiences. Whenever I agree to a purchase I always go into it expecting to see label lift, discoloration, spots, or rips on a good amount of the games. Hang in there if you're looking to collect because there'll probably be a better opportunity down the road!

May 31, 2010 at 11:27:49 AM
recspecz (1)
(Shawn Wilkinson) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Originally posted by: KidOrrorin

My rule of thumb with Atari games is if the amount you'll pay exceeds the number of carts then you're probably paying too much. I've bought three Atari lots this month and accumulated over 200 carts, none of which are worth more than $2 alone and that's mainly due to the condition of the games. Del knows, though I've been pretty crummy with getting back to him with everything I'm selling (sorry!), that more than half of what I bought is flawed. It's hard finding really nice Atari carts in the wild, at least in my experiences. Whenever I agree to a purchase I always go into it expecting to see label lift, discoloration, spots, or rips on a good amount of the games. Hang in there if you're looking to collect because there'll probably be a better opportunity down the road!

This is because the paper labels used on Atari cartridges were very cheaply made.  Though the cartridges themselves are durable, their labels and the quality of the ink sucked.  Plus, Activision games are notorious for not surviving as long as those produced by Atari simply due to difference in cartridge manufacturing.  I have a stack of 20 Activision carts that I can't get to working anymore, and only 1 Atari title that is very stubborn.

recspecz

May 31, 2010 at 11:31:15 AM
recspecz (1)
(Shawn Wilkinson) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Originally posted by: 350f

From his email (he's asking $65)

For time saving purposes b stands for booklet & g game bg stands for both

Outlaw- bg
Pacman- bg
Blackjack- bg
Atari owners manual- b
Combat- bg
Maze mania- bg
Basic math- bg
Mouse trap- bg 
Pong sports- bg 
Night driver- bg 
Arcade pinball- bg 
Defender- bg
Super breakout- bg 
Video checkers- bg 
Air-sea battle- bg 
Othello- bg
Middle command- bg
Street racer- bg 
Bowling- bg 
Video chess- bg 
Surround- bg 
Space invaders- bg 
Hangman- bg
3d tic tac toe- bg 
Flag capture- bg
Basic programing- bg 
Superman- bg 
E.T- bg 
Asteroids- bg 
Yars' revenge- bg 
Frogger- bg 
Star raiders- bg 
Ms PAC man- g 
Q-Bert- g
Stampede- g 
Donkey kong- g 

2 joysticks
2 paddles

One system

None of those are particularly rare finds, and some of those titles are unplayable unless you also have the keyboard/touchpad (which isn't included in the lot).  For $65, you can get better lots off of eBay.

recspecz

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:55:33 AM
choppyfield (54)
(K G) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Not worth it at all. Like said above, all common Atari games are no more than a dollar. If you hold out you can get a killer deal. I once got an Atari lot with a crap load of joysticks/paddles/touchpads and 114 games for $73.

Edited: 06/02/2010 at 09:58 AM by choppyfield

Jun 2, 2010 at 2:33:00 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Last time I set up to sell at the flea market, I sold a big box full of Atari 2600 games for $50. It was about 120 games (about 105 different), and there was only one rarity in there (Laser Gates, which I think is like an R6 or something like that). Of course, there were also about 5 or 6 Combats, 4 ET's, and 3 or 4 Pac-Mans in there, too.

My rule of thumb for valuation of lower-rarity (R5 or less) Atari 2600 games is thus:

Combat, Pac-Man, ET: 10¢ for a minty cart, nothing if not.
Other R1s, plus R2s: no more than 50¢, generally around a quarter.
R3s, R4s, and R5s: 1/4 to 1/2 of their rarity level, not exceeding $2.

This system has its flaws, however, as there are a couple R5s that seem to go for more than a couple bucks when they pop up. Pretty much everything R6 and up gets priced individually.

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.