Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Werewolf: Trouble in the Mushroom Kingdom GAME OVER! THE TOWN WINS! Final Update/Epilogue Posted!

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:15:03 PM
KokiriChild (29)
(Mitch the Silent Kokiri) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Hello there! My name is Mitchell, and may I warmly welcome you to NintendoAge's first game of Forum Werewolf! Please make sure to read all the rules before signing up. Simply reply to this thread if you wish to play. Any questions or comments about the game should be PM'd to me. Thanks! 

The Story: 

That morning, 5 hours until the annual Summer Festival…

“I just have a bad feeling about this…” she replied to her concerned steward. “Surely there’s nothing to worry about, we have this festival every year. But today something feels…off…” The Princess’ words trailed as she looked down upon a pink heart-shaped pillow that gently lay on her lap. She chuckled uncomfortably. “Hehe. I’m crazy, or at least overly paranoid.” Toadsworth, the Princess’ steward and wise friend held her hand. “No, dear Princess, you just care for your citizens. I do not believe we have anything to worry about, everything is going to be fine and the festival will be a smash hit, just like it always is.” The Princess looked down into the face of her loyal friend. “Yeah, you’re right. I don’t know why I’m so worried.”

That day, 27 minutes until the beginning of the Summer Festival…

Every year, the Mushroom Kingdom holds its annual Summer Festival, where all the citizens gather to celebrate the coming of warm weather. There is often a parade, balloons, fireworks, and plenty of good food. But this year, a plot was evolving; an evil, twisted plot, that would soon turn deadly.

Princess Peach stood at the window of her castle bedroom, looking down upon her citizens as they delightfully hung the last of the streamers and readied the festival floats for the evening parade. She wore a fancy ball gown, and was preparing herself for the Festival’s opening ceremonies. A knock came on the door, and then Toadsworth walked in. “Are you ready Princess?” “Yes, yes I am. Lead the way Toadsworth.” “Yes madam.” They then continued their way down the staircase to the palace entrance.

That day, 14 minutes until the beginning of the Summer Festival…

Everyone was stirring. The fireworks were set; the floats aligned and ready to march; every streamer, balloon, and decoration in sight was perfectly placed. The Kingdom looked like gold. While the citizens awaited their Princess, a group of masked men (party masks, that is), made their way into the crowd. To those around them, they seemed like just another bunch of celebrating citizens. But in reality, they had an evil, dubious plot; one that would not only ruin the Festival, but cause a rein of terror.

That day, 3 minutes until the beginning of the Summer Festival…

The Princess stared at the window. She held her breath, the opening ceremonies were about to begin. She looked over at Toadsworth, who gave her a reassuring smile. She opened the window doors, and walked out onto the balcony to greet her citizens. A crowd of cheers met her appearance. She opened her mouth to speak, until…
BOOM!
A huge explosion went off. BOOM! BOOM! They chained together like a string of bullets firing from a gun. Citizens screamed and scattered everywhere. Toadsworth grabbed the Princess’ arm. “Quickly, Princess! It isn’t safe here!” They ran out of the castle. A group of Shy Guys huddled around the Princess to protect her as her Battletoad guards attempted to organize the citizens into an orderly direction away from the explosions. It was mayhem. Then, suddenly, a large airship with the Koopa insignia on it appeared in the sky, hovering above the frightened citizens. The Princess, Toadsworth, and several citizens looked into the sky, fear and confusion filling their eyes. Then, the airship’s hull suddenly opened and dropped a large, 20- or 30-foot tall circular ring made of pure iron. The large, circular, iron wall (probably weighing several million pounds) continued to fall to the ground. The citizens screeched in horror. The wall smashed to the ground with deafening impact. The Princess and her citizens flew into the air in recoil. The Princess’ vision blurred as she looked into the sky. The last thing she could remember seeing was what looked like a gaseous substance pouring from the airship onto the citizens below, then, she blacked out.

Some time later…

The Princess awoke in a daze. Her head and body ached with pain. She looked around her, confused. Then, it all came back to her: the explosions, the falling iron wall, the strange gas… She looked around and realized that she was now trapped on the interior of the thick, circular wall. It was about 25 feet tall, and looked to be several thousand feet wide. It seemed as though her guards had gotten a majority of the civilians out of the area, but 20 or so Toads lied about, all of them also coming to, rubbing their heads in pain. “Where are we?” said one confused. “Where is my family!?!” another one shouted. Suddenly, there came a roar of scared, angry cries. “Everybody calm down!” yelled the Princess. “Why should we listen to you? You’re just some dumb Toad!” yelled a Toad to the Princess. “Yeah! Shut it! We’re all scared here!” yelled another. “I’m not a…” the Princess muttered under her breath. Then, she saw her own reflection in a shattered piece of reflective glass. There, she stared back at what looked like a young, small Toad, not unlike the many found throughout the Mushroom Kingdom. “What is going on?” thought the Princess. Then, she gasped in horror as she looked to her right. There, she saw a small pile of dead Shy Guys, the same Shy Guys who protected her before the wall dropped. On top their bodies lay a scroll, rolled tight and sealed with a ribbon. She called everyone over and picked it up. Everyone began to gasp in horror at the sight of the bodies. The Princess cleared her throat as she unrolled the scroll and read:

This is an invasion. This wall has sealed the lot of you off from the rest of the Kingdom. We have some important faces in our presence, including Princess Toadstool herself. We have cursed both you lot as well as ourselves to resemble Toads so that we may walk about you without fear of being caught. We will kill you all, one by one. Let these Shy Guy fools act as an example. It is finally the time of reckoning here in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Sincerely, your pals,
                                                                        -The Koopas

Everyone began to finally realize what exactly was going on here. “So, we all look the same, but we’re stuck within these walls with some incognito killers!?!” screamed one Toad. “This is crazy! We’re all gonna die!!” yelled another. Everyone started to panic. “Enough!” yelled the Princess. “It’s simple what we have to do. We simply have to weed out the bad guys.” Everyone looked at each other uncomfortably. “I knew I had a bad feeling about today…” thought the Princess worryingly.

WELCOME TO…

WEREWOLF: TROUBLE IN THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM

Da' Rules:

1.) Object of the Game

-The object of the game “Are You a Werewolf?” is dependent on what side of the game you are playing on. There are two main factions: the Werewolves and the Townspeople. Townspeople win the game when they have eliminated all Werewolves from the game. Whereas, the Werewolves win the game when there is an equal amount or more Werewolves in the Town at the end of a day or night. In some cases, more factions, such as independents are added to the game.
---For the purposes of this game:
----------Werewolves = Koopas
----------Townspeople = Innocent Toads

2.)Game Day and Nights

2a.)Game Day
-The game day is divided into two cycles, Day and Night.
-Unless otherwise stated by the mod, a Game Day will last 7 real days
-Each Day, the village will try to lynch a player. To do so, a simple majority of the Town must vote them out.
---Half is not a majority.
----------EXAMPLE: If there are 17 members left in the town, 9 people must vote for the same person to lynch them.
----------EXAMPLE 2: If there are 18 people in a town, 10 people must vote for the same person to lynch them.

2b.) Game Night
- Unless otherwise stated by the mod, a Game Night will last 5 real days 
-After the Day update, the game enters the Night. NO ONE may post AT ALL until the mod begins the next Game Day
---This INCLUDES inactivity posts. Players who will have extended inactivity will PM the mod who will decide a course of action based on the circumstances
-During the Night those players with roles will PM me their actions.
-At the end of the Night, the Night Update will summarize the pertinent actions, and Day will begin again.

3.) Voting

3a.) At any time, in any post made during the Game Day, you may vote. 
3b.) When voting, the word "VOTE" must be capitalized and bolded
---Example:
----------VOTE: KokiriChild
3c.) You may unvote at any time, but you must specifically unvote the player you previously voted for before voting for a new one.
3d.) When unvoting the word "UNVOTE" must be capitalized and bolded
---Example:
----------UNVOTE: KokiriChild
----------VOTE: Other person
3e.) You do not have to unvote and re-vote in the same post.

4.) Posting

4a.) Unless specifically stated by the mod, all posting will cease upon reaching the End Day time and date regardless of whether the mod has posted or not.
---Posting after the Day End date and time without mod instruction is grounds for punishment
----------Offense one: Public Warning
----------Offense two: Replacement
---------------If a replacement cannot be made, a modkill will be done instead. 
4b.) Unless specifically specified in your role, you MAY NOT speak or communicate with other players about the game (outside the game thread) through ANY MEANS
---First offense: Replacement/Modkill, ban from next game
4c.) Do NOT edit your posts. 
---First Offense: Public Warning
---Second Offense: Replacement/Modkill 
4d.) Do NOT double post (with or without the double-post eliminator).
4e.) Do NOT verbatim quote anything in your role PM. You may paraphrase, summarize or re-word information you receive, but may not directly quote anything you receive via PM from the mod.
---First Offense: Replacement/Modkill
4f.) Do NOT "Thank" players for their posts. 
4g.) As the mod I have the right to immediately punish the First Offense as a Second Offense if I deem the damage great enough.
4h.) If I deem you causing trouble with too many First Offenses, I have right to Replace or Modkill you
4i.) If the situation is deemed severe enough by at least three approved NintendoAge mods, bans from future games, or blacklisting may be applied to a rule-breaker

5.) Modkills

5a.) Modkills during the day end the day early with no lynch
5b.) Modklls during the night will be included among those killed during the night
5c.) Anyone who purposely gets themselves modkilled in an attempt to affect the game will be punished
---First Offense: One game Ban

6.) Death
6a.) Death is permanent unless otherwise stated by the mod
6b.) You may NOT post in the thread AT ALL while dead unless approved by the mod
---This includes bumping, vote counts, "Game is Frozen" posts
----NO POSTS OF ANY KIND until the game ends
----------First Offense: One game Ban

7.) Inactivity
-If you have not posted at least TWICE between the start and end of the Game Day, you are considered Inactive
---Special Circumstances may be made for Games Days that are unusually short or pre-maturely ended 
----------First Offense: Friendly Private Reminder
----------Second Offense Replacement/Modkill 

8.) Common Roles

- These will be listed in their most basic type. Any Moderator may make modifications to said roles if they wish. This just gives the basis for what the roles do. Roles may have modifications such as Sanity (Insane Seer, who reads Town as Wolf and Vice Versa), X-Shot (3-Shot Vigilante, who may kill thrice), or Wolf (ability for the Wolf Faction, rather than town). 

-Townie (Vanilla Townie, Civilian). No Night Role, must use logic to find the wolves by what they say during the Day.
-Mason. No Night Role. May speak, at times defined by the Moderator, with another specified member of the town outside of the game thread. Usually defined as Town/Town aligned, but can sometimes not be so.
-Neighbor (Acquaintance). No Night Role. May speak, at times defined by the Moderator, with another specified member of the village outside the game thread. No defined Role Alignment pairing.
-Priest (Doctor, Angel). Night Role. May try to save one member of the village from Death during the Night. Whether this saves them from all attacks or just one is up to the moderator.
-Seer (Cop). Night Role. May investigate one member of the village to learn their alignment. 
-Detective (Role Cop). Night Role. May investigate one member of the village to learn their Role Card/Abilities.
-Tracker. Night Role. May follow one member of the village to see what they do.
-Watcher. Night Role. May follow one member of the village to see who they target.
-Vigilante. Night Role. May kill one member of the village.
-Role Blocker. Night Role. May stop member of the village from using their role. (Does work on the wolves’ night kill, if they chose the correct wolf).
-Alpha (Godfather). Passive. Investigations of their Alignment return as "Town."

CONGRATULATIONS to Generic, buyatari2, and the entire Town on reaching victory!

SIGN-UPS

1. Bronty (Koopa TroopaTownie - Killed Mysteriously Night 5)
2. MrWunderful (Dry Bones Role Blocker, Townie - Killed Mysteriously Night 2)
3. Beliskner (REPLACED BY) > buyatari2 (YoshiTownie **WINNER**)
4. Rooster (Birdo Townie - Modkilled Day 1) 
5. Br81zad (Geno Townie - Lynched/Modkilled Day 7)
6. Majesty ZX (Toadette Mason, Townie - Lynched Day 5)
7. kielerco (Bowser Jr. Werewolf - Crushed to Death Night 1)
8. mattbep (Roy Koopa Werewolf - Lynched Day 3)
9. stinkerhubbin (Toadsworth Seer, Townie - Eaten Night 3)
10. JaxsBox (Toad - Mason, Townie - Eaten Night 1)
11. Ferris Bueller (Bowser Alpha Werewolf - Lynched Day 6) 
12. Generic (Wario Neighbor, Townie **WINNER**)
13. Vectrex280996 (Luigi Townie - Lynched Day 2)
14. thesubcon3 (Goombella Townie - Killed Mysteriously Night 1)
15. Dragonite31533 (WaluigiTrap Master, Neighbor, Townie - Killed Mysteriously Night 4)
16. Red (Professor E. Gadd Detective, Townie - Eaten Night 2)
17. TENGEN (King Boo Vigilante, Independent - Lynched Day 8)
18. fox (Mario Tracker, Townie - Eaten Night 4)
19. KHAN Games (Princess Peach - Priest, Townie - Killed Mysteriously Night 7)
20. JimJames (Iggy Koopa - Werewolf - Lynched Day 4)

BACK-UPS/REPLACEMENTS (Wait List)

1. dra600n

Alright everybody! Let's have us an awesome game of Werewolf! Woot! 

-------------------------
Nintendo 64 Collection (NTSC): 145/296

Edited: 08/15/2014 at 12:12 AM by KokiriChild

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:20:56 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Not sure I know what the heck is going on, but sign me up

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:21:03 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I'm in.

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:29:08 PM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Sign me up please

Looking for a copy of Sega Rally on the N-Gage

Playstation 3 Collection: 999/1???
Philips Videopac Collection: 67/69
Nintendo 64 European (not PAL!) Collection: C 239/239 - I 126/239 - B 94/239
Sega Master System PAL Collection (CB): 166/269
Sega Dreamcast PAL Collection: 52/216

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:41:19 PM
Rooster (113)
(Michael Speakman) < Ridley Wrangler >
Japan
Oh ok it's mafia

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:46:11 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
I'm in. Wth

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:13:35 PM
Majesty ZX (40)
(Ginger ) < Lolo Lord >
Georgia
Count me in, I'm sure it'll be a learning experience

Jun 23, 2014 at 2:16:23 PM
kielerco (3)
(Cory Kieler) < Tourian Tourist >
Wisconsin
Put me in. When does this shindig kickoff.

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:36:40 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
I am in.

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:46:46 PM
stinkerhubbin (87)
(King Jeremy the Wicked) < Kraid Killer >
Washington
No idea what I'm doing, but count me in!

My favorite Digimon in the whole pokedex is Goku.

My FS/FO/FT Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My WTB Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:50:40 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Count me in?

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:53:35 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
I'll try.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:03:47 PM
Generic (27)
(Eric ) < Kraid Killer >
New Mexico
This is a great idea. Count me in.

Originally posted by: alekx

your a nintendo collector, its not a lady killer hobby... Try selling drugs or settle for an ugly chick.

Jun 23, 2014 at 5:36:53 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Sign me in! I love this game.

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Jun 23, 2014 at 5:55:33 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Um ok I guess I'm in

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Jun 23, 2014 at 6:51:04 PM
Dragonite31533 (1)
(Christoph ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
I'm in.

"The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life."

~Grovyle; Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:02:02 PM
Red (80)
(Green Blue) < Lolo Lord >
United States
I'll give it a try.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:04:07 PM
KokiriChild (29)
Florida
Originally posted by: kielerco

Put me in. When does this shindig kickoff.
As soon as we get 20 sign-ups or as close to that as possible. 

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:33:21 PM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
Sure I'll try it.

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:05:28 PM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
/in

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:36:46 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Me plz!

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:56:43 PM
KokiriChild (29)
Florida
Okay guys, just one more slot to fill until we start!

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:10:45 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Lets fill this void so we can find out what this is all about.

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:47:14 AM
JimJames (154)
(Sir Digby Chicken Caesar) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Let's do this. I'm in.

Jun 24, 2014 at 12:06:16 PM
KokiriChild (29)
Florida
Alright guys, that makes 20. I will now begin the process of sending out roles. Remember to keep these secret! Please note that if you are just finding this thread and want to play, you can still sign up as a replacement player in case somebody needs to drop out of the game. Thanks!