Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

No more AVS updates?

Jun 21 at 10:05:49 PM
BRNexus (0)

< Little Mac >
Just throwing this out there. The audio in general has been noticeablly more muffled compared to an original NES and NT Mini. I don't know if there has been a LPF applied this whole time, but I'd love for the clairty to be closer to original hardware.

Edited: 06/21/2019 at 10:06 PM by BRNexus

Jun 24 at 12:34:08 AM
mattysaurus (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Maryland
Ooooh, ooooh, is there any chance you could fix aspect ratios now that there's horizontal interpolation? I haven't futzed around with it lately, but if I recall correctly no setting gives you 4:3 on a 16:9 display. The closest one is somewhere in between 4:3 and 8:7. The standard 4:3 ratio is a little too wide.

Excited for those custom palettes though.

Jun 24 at 8:13:09 AM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: BRNexus

Just throwing this out there. The audio in general has been noticeablly more muffled compared to an original NES and NT Mini. I don't know if there has been a LPF applied this whole time, but I'd love for the clairty to be closer to original hardware.

I have to think there is a problem on your end if you are getting muffled audio. No one has ever complained of that, in fact there are many youtube videos that give side by sides comparing the audio of the AVS against other NES consoles and people always say how awesome the AVS is.  

Jun 24 at 1:38:45 PM
BRNexus (0)

< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: Mog

Originally posted by: BRNexus

I have to think there is a problem on your end if you are getting muffled audio. No one has ever complained of that, in fact there are many youtube videos that give side by sides comparing the audio of the AVS against other NES consoles and people always say how awesome the AVS is.  

I can assure you its not my end.  Other people have noticed it too.  Ace brought it up in his audio comparison video. And I said more muffled than a stock NES, not extreme muffling. People who don't have an original NES or NT Mini to compare won't notice it.

Edited: 06/24/2019 at 01:42 PM by BRNexus

Jul 02 at 8:05:48 AM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
It sounds like the AVS updates are specifically for PAL region improvements.

They got back to me about the 2017 8-Bit XMAS cart / AVS 1.30f bug.

Hello!
Yes this one is still on our list. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.
The latest updates were mostly related to PAL, as PAL support was
unfortunately always lacking.

Thank you very much!
retroUSB Support

Jul 07 at 9:43:12 PM
2A03 (8)
(Ben U.) < Crack Trooper >
California
Originally posted by: Mog

Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: 2A03

I'm hoping the noise channel gets fixed as well, the explosion sounds in the later Mega Man games sound noticeably off as do a few other games.
Did you report it to support so it gets added to the list?

Did you update your firmware and retest it first? Audio was fixed a long long time ago. A game like Mega Man would definitely have been reported a while ago if it still had an issue.  

Sorry for the late response; my AVS is on the v1.30 firmware and it's been doing this for as long as I've had it. I'm going to report it now...

-------------------------

Jul 18 at 8:55:56 AM
marksimons (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
The only thing that bums me out is that it doesn't play the final fantasy 7 nes cart and Pokémon yellow cart properly. You can't save and the graphics get glitchy at some points. The nt mini runs them fine. Other than that though, the product is phenomenal and I guess it's not a big deal because it's only 2 games that aren't even U.S. release or even a legal release. Even still, it would've been nice. I have zero clue though, how hard that would be to do and if it would mess up anything else, mapper wise. I always get confused because if it is emulating the hardware (I know it's not emulation so forgive that term) natively, then it should play them like a normal nes does? Wonderful product though

Edited: 07/18/2019 at 08:56 AM by marksimons

Jul 18 at 9:24:32 AM
The Age of Genesis (17)
< Crack Trooper >
Maybe it's time to open source the AVS project?

Oct 06 at 7:49:47 PM
avlon (2)
< Crack Trooper >
New York
Originally posted by: The Age of Genesis

Maybe it's time to open source the AVS project?

I used to have that issue with FF7 (frustrating, I know!) but it has worked for me with the last few updates. 

-------------------------
  Check out my Youtube Channel @ https://goo.gl/KuSvJc !! Thank you!