Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: PSerge

Otto thanks for sharing all of this..

that is really cool...

No problemo 

Originally posted by: pats1717

That punchout thing is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT even in the condition it is in!

It's for sale if you're interested 

Originally posted by: ars2pd

There are a set of these mini games (I was the individual that won the auction for the mario and zelda toys) I will post the links so you can see what these toys look like in better condition

I was wondering who won those...I was going to bid on them, but then remembered that I'm trying to scale back on collecting.  I  figured they were either going to go really high or go for a steal...I'd say they went for the latter.   

Originally posted by: Maydogg6

That's really sweet, Limbo. The fighter's profile pictures are the same as they appear on the Topps scratch off cards.

I didn't even realize that, thanks for pointing it out!

Originally posted by: dr.robbie

those smart boy games are awesome! i've never seen those before.

To me they're the most interesting pirates for sure...

-------------------------

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:26:08 PM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri

There are a set of these mini games (I was the individual that won the auction for the mario and zelda toys) I will post the links so you can see what these toys look like in better condition

I was wondering who won those...I was going to bid on them, but then remembered that I'm trying to scale back on collecting.  I  figured they were either going to go really high or go for a steal...I'd say they went for the latter.   

Yea, I would say I got a pretty good price on them. If it werent for some jack*** who didnt know how to bid, it wouldnt have been driven up that high. (Hope its noone on here). I inquired about combined shipping, so they only charged me $6 to ship all 3 blister packs. I think the mario's went at retail, but I really think the zelda one alone is worth a $40 price tag itself, since it is a sealed zelda item. At least it is in my heart

Jul 23, 2009 at 8:02:52 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

Numba Nine: (Beatles reference...get it?!)  Sealed Miniature Zelda Figues & Wario Button Cover

($25 each shipped or all four for $85)

These are Miniature Zelda OoT figures that you could buy in those little gumball machines...There are 6 figures in the entire set, though the ones I have are Young Link, Young Zelda and Poe (x2).  These are pretty difficult to find, and even harder to find still in the packages.  A fun little side note; I'm almost certain this is the only merch for Poe which makes them the most popular of the set.  The Wario item next to them is a button promo from Wario Land Shake It on the Wii.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:00:02 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

Here's a triple shot of Starfox memoribilia since I won't be around for the weekend...heading to the Renissance festival.

#10: StarFox Car Freshner

This was a promo for Starfox Adventures (GameCube). Aparently while Fox McCloud is not battling alien dinosaurs on some random planet in space he can keep your car smelling nice and fresh...who knew!  ($4 Shipped)

#11: StarFox Game Watch

This was from the now defunct Bradlees and showcases Fox in all his miniature glory...You soooo could've played this in your middle school under the desk and the teacher would've been too afraid of what you might be doing to stop you.  This thing is MINT and even had the original instructions under the watch.  ($55 Shipped)

#12: StarFox Statue

Me and Fox McCloud himself...please do not mention who is the cooler of the two (I wouldn't want his feelings to be hurt). ($600 obo)

Jul 26, 2009 at 12:09:43 PM
superNESman (102)
(Deniz "Alpo The Great" Kahn) < Bowser >
Illinois
Otto, is that starfox watch coming with all that stuff? Like those starfox sign things near the bottom, are those attached to the case or are they loose?

BTW, I think Fox has you beat. Sorry, I couldnt hurt his feelings though.

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:50:10 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York
Originally posted by: superNESman

Otto, is that starfox watch coming with all that stuff? Like those starfox sign things near the bottom, are those attached to the case or are they loose?

BTW, I think Fox has you beat. Sorry, I couldnt hurt his feelings though.

The cardboard is all part of the display box...they're probably either taped in or just propped in for the notion of displaying it...I've never tugged on them.  Someone pretty much bought the watch from Bradlees, closed the box and never opened it again...there's no sun fading on the cardboard, no big bends or anything of that sort.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:28:55 PM
TheFrisbee (194)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Max (Ray) Frisbee) < Bowser >
Tennessee
My dad pawned my StarFox when I was in 5th grade. I still have a hard time forgiving him for that.

PM sent.

[18:07] osg: It is my lifelon goal to be in everyone's signature

Current project: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:57:21 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

#13: Nintendo Super Tour '92 Pin

I don't have too much time tonight, so I thought it was the perfect chance to add this.  I have no idea what this is for; I never took the time to research it...I won this in a Christmas contest on Gamesniped.com two years ago...thanks Nicola!  I'm assuming it was something for Europe so if anyone would like to chime in with some info, I'd love to hear some!

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:23:56 AM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
That is a nice score from Nicola I too have this pin, and you are right, it is from a tour Nintendo did in Europe. It is a harder pin to come by for sure! I think mine is still sealed in a baggie though, I totally forgot I had it until you posted this!

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:37:53 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

That is a nice score from Nicola I too have this pin, and you are right, it is from a tour Nintendo did in Europe. It is a harder pin to come by for sure! I think mine is still sealed in a baggie though, I totally forgot I had it until you posted this!

Cool, thanks for including that.  If anyone's super interested I'm sure they can do some searches. ;-)

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:15:02 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
Love this thread, keep it up Otto!<3

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:23:57 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York
Originally posted by: NES HERBALIST

Love this thread, keep it up Otto!<3

Heh, thanks; I've already kept it up for way longer than I thought I would (which is sad because I've only been doing it two weeks).

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:25:48 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

#14: Nintendo Employee Padfolios

(Not for sale)

Here are three different padfolio's used by Nintendo Employees. The dark brown has the Nintendo logo on the bottom corner, the 'Prime Time' padfolio was given out around the time Metroid Prime was released for the GameCube and 'The Never Ending Story' is my favorite of the bunch...it's kind of hard to tell, but there is an etching of Mario on the front; very classy.

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:16:15 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

#15: Twilight Princess Standee

($85 + shipping)

This was THE display to see when Twilight Princess was coming out for the Wii. 

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:06:54 AM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
You have some sweet stuff dude! You weren't the one I got this Nintendo sign from, were you?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/ph...

Jul 30, 2009 at 10:01:23 AM
mcetak8 (100)
(-- Kate --) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Actually, I sold you that sign. I thought your name sounded familiar, so I checked my PayPal records.

Jul 30, 2009 at 2:26:58 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: mcetak8

Actually, I sold you that sign. I thought your name sounded familiar, so I checked my PayPal records.

Hah, awesome. It's probably one of the coolest collectible things that I own. Thanks again!

Jul 30, 2009 at 9:00:20 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York
Originally posted by: MrMiniMog

You have some sweet stuff dude! You weren't the one I got this Nintendo sign from, were you?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/BstcaGEw9lg78P6VCQVZoQ?...

Thanks for the comment and that's a pretty nifty sign...to be honest, I don't have too many of the Old Nintendo signs that were used in retail stores...they never interested me much personally, but they are cool nonetheless!

Jul 30, 2009 at 9:05:18 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

#16: Mario Radio

($44 shipped)

This Mario FM radio (it was also available in hot pink) is pretty nifty and showcases Mario in all of his nerdy awkward glory.  I suppose he is drawn to look like he's crooning but he looks pretty darn high to me.  Personally, this is my favorite image of Mario that I've seen on any piece of merchandise.

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:09:20 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

#17: Sega Game Previews VHS

Sometimes game companies would send out VHS tapes to retailers so they could show in-game footage of them on their TV displays. This is one such VHS, featuring the Sega Genesis games Dick Vitale's "Awesome, Baby" College Hoops (Time Warner Interactive)
Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt (Tengen)
Gauntlet IV (Tengen) and Formula 1.  I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but it should be fun. 

Aug 1, 2009 at 2:27:26 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York
I had a chance to watch it...yay! The footage had commentary like a longer styled commercial, and to make it a bit more interesting, this was released before the games actually made it to market. Apparently Tengen was going to release Dick Vitale's "Awesome, Baby" College Hoops...the game footage looked unfinished and differs from the actual game, the title screen is completely different and they show a mockup of a box with the Tengen seal that is entirely different from the released version.

Aug 1, 2009 at 3:26:20 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Cool stuff!

Aug 1, 2009 at 9:57:45 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

#18: Zelda OoT Action Figures

I used to collect action figures....now I don't.  But I still do have a few figures left hanging on a wall; and these Zelda figures are among my favorites.  Gannon, Adult Link, Young Zelda with Impa and the Zelda Standalone...all purchased at Toys R Us.

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:04:58 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

#19: Mario Party 6 Standee

I never played/owned Mario Party 6...but I did get this cardboard standee when the rep threw it out at Toys R' Us.

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:50:36 AM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

#20: X-Box Kiosk Part

($5 + shipping...it's heavy!)

For one reason or another, the X-box rep decided to unscrew this from the side of the kiosk and throw it out...enter your resident garbage picking r-zone employee!  There are a few more graphics under the Oddworld one, but I don't think I've ever pulled them out..it's a mystery!  It's a good thing I don't work there anymore or I'd have a ton more silly/dumb/pointless items than I do now.