Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Conker's Twelve Tales and Dinosaur Planet protos Do they really exist?

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:18:00 AM
IOnEI Falcon (32)
(Amir Abdollahi) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Hi guys!

I stumbled upon an article on a Rare fan site saying that there was indeed a Conker's Twelve Tales (CBFD) proto that was leaked and bought for a ton of money and this person also has a Dinosaur Planet (Starfox Adventures) proto as well. Does anyone have anymore information on this? I am super interested!

-------------------------

Mar 11, 2011 at 2:16:05 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
I gave an entire media binder that had the full synopsis and sales pitch for Dinosaur Planet to i2a2n2 for free a while back. Never saw a proto myself, don't know much else beyond the binder.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Mar 11, 2011 at 4:29:15 PM
IOnEI Falcon (32)
United States
Hmm, okay. Well thanks for that much info!

Mar 11, 2011 at 4:34:34 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
I don't know the answer to your question, but there might be some information about a Dinosaur Planet proto at the links posted in this thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 03/11/2011 at 04:35 PM by AllYourBass

Mar 11, 2011 at 5:32:03 PM
nesworld (45)
(Martin Nielsen) < Meka Chicken >
Denmark
Twelve Tales isn't leaked... and neither is Dinosaur Planet

Longtime webmaster of nesworld.com 
Author of a near complete N64 release list http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist.php

N64 Wanted List:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Clayfighters 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (I)
StarCraft 64 (CIB) - PAL
Worms Armageddon (CIB) - NTSC
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Grey NFR Cart)

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:44:22 PM
IOnEI Falcon (32)
United States
Okay, I believe you guys over a Rare fan. It is crazy that there is so much footage of it.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:53:40 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: nesworld

Twelve Tales isn't leaked... and neither is Dinosaur Planet

Do prototypes exist of each?

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:12:24 AM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Yeah, there's a guy that used to work at NOE awhile back that sold these...he had some pretty wild stuff, I'm lucky to have gotten a handful of things myself

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:55:33 AM
IOnEI Falcon (32)
United States
That is pretty crazy DreamTR. Do you we know who was lucky enough to get them and if they went for an insane amount?

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:20:19 AM
removed04092017 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Bowser >
Other
NOE? So does that mean they Nintendo was *possibly* reviewing it and that it's *possible* the game was 99% done? That might set some sort of N64 prototype sales record if it is found again.

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:40:06 AM
nesworld (45)
(Martin Nielsen) < Meka Chicken >
Denmark
Wasn't it Conker's BFD that was sold though?... and Perfect Dark

Longtime webmaster of nesworld.com 
Author of a near complete N64 release list http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist.php

N64 Wanted List:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Clayfighters 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (I)
StarCraft 64 (CIB) - PAL
Worms Armageddon (CIB) - NTSC
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Grey NFR Cart)

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:36:34 PM
IOnEI Falcon (32)
United States
Someone on the assembler forums had mentioned that a user that named Nintendomad bought the CBFD proto but sadly he passed away so who knows where that is now...

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:31:38 PM
Greg2600 (0)
(Greg Mario) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
That's why we always scream about dumping rom's.

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:38:35 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee

12 Tales is BFD.

Amir: They went for some good money, but most of the really high end proto sales don't take place on these forums, it's usually private or Assembler initial contact website stuff.

Edited: 03/14/2011 at 01:39 AM by DreamTR

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:59:25 AM
introless (24)
(random guy) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
If I recall right, it was a subcontractor for NOE that had a Twelve Tales proto. I messaged Assembler himself and that's what he told me. Sold for over $14k. I wish there were a way to get into contact with the buyer.

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:45:00 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
I don't know if it was 14K, lol

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:42:29 PM
i2a2n2 (39)
(Ian B.) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario
I still have the Media Binder very interesting stuff inside similar idea and characters to the game StarFox Adventures from what I've read, I have yet to play the game.

My NWC High Score 661 950  Jan 19th 2010

---------Wanted: SNES PROTOTYPES !!! PM Me-----------

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:19:06 PM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: DreamTR

12 Tales is BFD.

Amir: They went for some good money, but most of the really high end proto sales don't take place on these forums, it's usually private or Assembler initial contact website stuff.

12 Tales eventually turned into BFD but the demo I played long ago at E3 was nothing like it.  Really cutesy with stuff that never made it to BFD.

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:32:31 PM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
I wonder if there is a way to get the content that was never put on BFD and have someone hack it to make a bonus repro cart to play those with. Nintendo usually just blocked those things out from being played rather than removing them so it could be on the CBFD rom if someone is able to hack into it and pull them out to be played. I wonder if there is a game genie code that could do that kind of like the one for Zelda: Windwaker where you could play the test levels...

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:

Jul 10, 2011 at 7:21:49 PM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other
Originally posted by: gwyndion

I wonder if there is a way to get the content that was never put on BFD and have someone hack it to make a bonus repro cart to play those with. Nintendo usually just blocked those things out from being played rather than removing them so it could be on the CBFD rom if someone is able to hack into it and pull them out to be played. I wonder if there is a game genie code that could do that kind of like the one for Zelda: Windwaker where you could play the test levels...

I don't believe that the stuff was left in and just unaccessible. Maybe snipets of code unused, but the whole level or important things? Very unlikely. And N64 games would be a nightmare to hack, as the code compiled by the compiler looks and runs totally different from hand assembled code. And you can't make a souce since it'd be pretty impossible to make a source file from the ROM because it's so different. You'd have better luck maybe going into a debug mode and trying to listen for sounds and then you might be able to access some extra content, but that'd be about it I think.

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:31:22 AM
mcat999 (35)
< Kraid Killer >
Florida
Of course there are multiple versions of these 2 revised rare games, and there might be a chance someone has gotten their hands on it but they are definitely not online. Dinosaur Planet would've been a way better game than Star Fox Adventures imo, are there any pics of that binder?

http://http://www.twitch.tv/jumanjicastle/ - Playing classic games in high quality RGB Scart and Component

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:27:24 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
All I have to say is, I can't wait until the N64 scene starts to pick up. Just imagine N64 proto hunting one day being as popular as it is with the NES! There's all sorts of hidden treasures and mysteries surrounding the N64. Not only Twelve Tales and Dinosaur Planet, but the real show stopper will be all the N64DD protos.

Too bad it's probably gonna take another decade before N64 is retro enough for proto dumpers to care...

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:17:03 AM
Tony (3)
(Tony Chupik) < Crack Trooper >
British Columbia
I have seen a couple of N64DD proto's furthermore I know the person who has one of the Perfect Dark Proto's. I won't reveal who he is obviously. It is definitely the only rareware proto I know of personally. There is another person I am trying to contact in a nearby town where he found 5 in the wild at once 2 off eBay. He has yet to reveal to me the titles of them or pictures however. As for dumping Guntz plenty have been dumped from what I have seen.

I have talked with multiple software engineers and one lead from different companies and most are destroyed unfortunately. I have a good chunk of info on Pilotwings II and Harrier 2001 that I would like to add but have not heard back from the developer if I can post it somewhere. Wild Waters info I had but that is now public obviously via another designer.

I went on a prototype and prototype info binge a few months back. Kind of glad it's over with. However if anyone is still up for selling any I am buying.

Please look at my latest actions
I like ripping people off

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:01:48 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Guntz

All I have to say is, I can't wait until the N64 scene starts to pick up. Just imagine N64 proto hunting one day being as popular as it is with the NES! There's all sorts of hidden treasures and mysteries surrounding the N64. Not only Twelve Tales and Dinosaur Planet, but the real show stopper will be all the N64DD protos.

Too bad it's probably gonna take another decade before N64 is retro enough for proto dumpers to care...

The funny thing is, N64 protos are way more popular than NES protos and worth a lot more...it seems the NES community doesn't care as "much" about NES protos other than a handful of people. A lot of guys think they are "cool" but don't collect them. I think I've sold 20-25 N64 protos without even trying to sell them in the past 12 months to a few different people and each one of them was 3-6x as much as an NES proto sometimes even more...I just think the crowd is different and they don't post on Nintendo Age...

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:39:42 AM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
Well at the moment, the N64 proto scene is very secluded and barely public. And from the looks of things, barely any games have been dumped and publicly released (maybe some have been dumped for personal use). In comparison, the NES proto scene is very well known and tons of games have been publicly released.

What I'm waiting for, is when N64 protos become popular enough to see public releases. After that, maybe repro carts (if those are even possible). It's a little hard to enjoy something when only a few people even know about or participate in it...