Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Help Wanted!" FAQ LOOK HERE before starting a new thread!

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:09:25 AM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Updated cleaning top-loader section to refer include the link to the thread Andy made recently. New information is in there. I intend to transfer that information into the original post instead of just having a link in the future.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:14:51 AM
FND (4)

(Dennis Drew) < Little Mac >
California
Magic Marker removal using Goo-Gone & Scrubbing Bubles from NES Cart cases
Thread Link
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

-------------------------

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:29:32 AM
Nintendobratkat (2)
(Alesia ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Minnesota
Is there a spot to add new games? I have games that aren't even on the list at all.

My 3DS Collection (137 of ~ 400) .::|::. Twitch .::|::. FB Handheld Group .::|::. Etsy .::|::. Twitter

Looking For: Kingdom Hearts Mark of Mastery Collector's Edition (NIB or CIB), Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier (FP CIB or NIB), Code of Princess (FP CIB),
Adventure Time CE (BMO & Enchiridon versions CIB), Cave Story Holographic Slipcover, Hyrule Warriors Legends Limited Edition (NIB or CIB), 
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi Limited Edition (NIB or CIB), Rodea the Sky Soldier Limited Edition (NIB or CIB), Hyrule Edition N3DS XL (NIB or CIB)

Available Trades: Numbered Taco Bell Gold PS4 Bundle w/Game & PS+ (NIB), Majora's Mask N3DS XL (NIB), The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (CIB), The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (CIB), Pokemon Gold (CIB) & Various DS Cases (ask).

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:30:38 PM
Unlicensed Hunter (8)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
i now this might sound crazy but i CANT even start a forum. where do i go to start one of my own?

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:37:40 PM
ksm (0)

< Cherub >
hi im looking for replacement label for some game i have that are in very bad condition if someone know were find it ill be waiting, thanks

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:06:33 AM
wiggyx (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Label cleaning and sticker removal - Bestine. Nothing better, screw goo gone and it's oily, label ruining mess.  It's also very kind to the inks in cart labels.  See here:

Marker removal - Prismacolor and/or AD blender markers. Using the same chemicals that put the marker down in the first place is the 100% best solution.

www.rosecoloredgaming.com     Instagram   Facebook     

Edited: 03/05/2015 at 09:13 AM by wiggyx

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:33:30 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Might be worthwhile to split the first post contents into a category-specific faq post at the top of each category. A lot of the threads this aims to deter are posted outside help wanted, so this probably doesn't get seen as much as it should.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:30:55 PM
HochiKongCountry (0)

< Little Mac >
As far as the credit card/t-shirt/cardboard trick goes, is it worth wetting the material with anything, and if so what? Windex, isopropyl alcohol, Deoxit, small amounts of water? Heard all of the above both suggested and warned against on Nintendoage. Sorry I've been making a stupid amount of posts about basically this issue, going into a bit of a cleaning frenzy and I can't replace consoles very easily cause I live in the wrong continent.

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:58:06 PM
Flips_ (2)
(Jack Moriarty) < Crack Trooper >
United States
I may have an answer for how to clean marker off of labels cartridge based games I use something called the "magic eraser". You can buy it at Walmart and grocery stores and ive even seen them at the dollar store. It's a small sponge(ish) type material that works literally like magic for taking marker off of the labels without doing any damage to the labels. I only just discovered this recently and was shocked as to how good it works! Just a suggestion if course but just wanted to share! I definitely suggest trying to out, they are cheap and last quite a while. All I did was put a corner of one into water, wrung it out a little, then gently just went back and forth on the area. Half a minute and it was gone, with no trace. It also works on the cart itself as well as the back label. Marker, pen, sticker residue, it does it all give it a try, hope it helps!

"...because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:47:54 PM
uchihadesendent (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Ontario
Originally posted by: SsPpAaMm

How about these entries?:

How to properly and safely ship a loose cart.
How to properly and safely ship a cardboard game box with or without game.

--------

We all have heard horror stories about games coming in the mail in the most horrible fashions.
I second this I'd love to see how to ship games safely

May 4, 2016 at 8:17:24 AM
Jonathan_H15 (0)

< Cherub >
I kinda broke my snes!

I tried taking of the shield for the 62-pin on my snes but when i took it off i soon realized that the snes that i had was the solder type
i cant seem to put the shield on the pins, it reaches a certain point and wont go down completely can someone please help!!
If you guys need pictures i can provide them

May 4, 2016 at 11:14:40 AM
Jonathan_H15 (0)

< Cherub >
I think i broke my SNES!

while trying to clean my snes i opened it up and removed the shield from the 62-pin but i found out that i had the solder type
when i try to put the shield back on the pins it wont go all the way down
if you guys need pictures and can provide them
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:46:48 AM
MetalgearFarm (0)

< Cherub >
Hello Nintendoage. Thankyou for accepting me to the community. I have a burning question about Hagane. I have a friend who was informed of a copy for sale. The cart is legit , board and such. But the sticker label is a reproduction. The seller was kind enough to tell him. But still got him for full price. In his mind, "it's Hagane. Where are you going to find it. I'll get full price even if I tell them it is a reproduction label" I know he will not. I feel people will be turned off by the idea of a reproduction label. May I have your thoughts and opinions on price reduction , and your thoughts on reproduction stickers. Thankyou for your time

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:07:50 PM
kungfukoopa (0)
< Cherub >
Queensland
About Shipping Games,

Check out this link, it's actually about shipping carded action figures, but the same method is applicable to boxed games.

http://www.actionfigurefury.com/h...

My adjustment would be wrapping actual game in bubble wrap first. (bubbles facing out, because these can transfer dirt/grime and cause marks on the box, don't wrap too tightly either)
Seal bubble wrap with scotch tape, the kind that's easily removed. This will prevent the buyer crushing the box just trying to unwrap it.

Also using paper is pretty cheap IMO, bubble wrap would be preferable shipping boxed games. Use their method but with bubble wrap, create 'walls' of bubble wrap around the boxed game to prevent any impact. Do not pack too tightly thou. If you still have room at the top of the box, you can add some packing peanuts on top of the bubble wrap to get a nice seal. (also saves a bit less bubble wrap) Never use newspaper or crap like that, even if the game is protected from it, the buyer will get ink all over them.

--my 2cents on cleaning

IMO another must have in the tool box is a soft 'horse hair' brush, like the kind you'd get in PC cleaning kit. (preferably ESD safe) For basic surface dust on PCB's you can easily brush it off using this. A paintbrush or even a shaving cream brush will do, but it's preferable to have something with long bristles. Just make sure they are soft bristles. Apply light force, don't try and do the whole board in one go, work around the board components.

As far as rubbing alcohol and q-tips, I find this ineffective for heavily oxidized games that have probably never been cleaned. Remove PCB from case, lay it on a clean cloth/rag.  Use a small blob of brasso and a clean towel or micro fibre cloth (something that is a little rough) and work over the contacts. Redo this using a clean part of the cloth and fresh brasso until there is no black coming off. Do not let the brasso dry off, quickly polish off with a clean part of the towel as you go. Once your satisfied, clean as usual with rubbing alcohol and q-tips, polish it up with a clean cloth. Your contacts will look shiny and new  

I think this is a must for cleaning the connector on the mainboard of old NES toasters, the amount of black junk that comes off those is incredible sometimes. I think this is best unless you are going to de-grease and wash the whole board like game-tech.us method. Isopropyl and q-tips doesn't really cut it for really oxidized pins... Also a bottle of brasso could last you a lifetime if you're only doing this every so often. If you're cleaning dirty games quite often it will at least save you going through as much isopropyl and q-tips  

It's magic stuff, I'm kinda surprised it's not already on the list, but I know some people are against using it. I'd probably only recommend it for dirty old games and consoles that have never seen cleaning. If your personal collection is already well maintained iso alcohol and q-tips will do just fine for general cleaning.

----

(hope it's okay posting all this)

Edited: 12/02/2016 at 01:13 PM by kungfukoopa

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:51:09 AM
JohnLeigh93 (0)

< Cherub >
Could anyone help me find out weather or not this game is legit original seal and weather it's really worth $250 US? Thanks  
http://m.ebay.com/itm/22236333822... need it to finish a part of ny collection but seems over priced, and sus