Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Question for eBay sellers, buyer reported problems with item and I offered an exchange.

Jun 18 at 1:32:38 PM
Abelardo (77)
(Abelardo González) < El Ripper >
Mexico
Hello everyone, situaton is fine but I don't know how to proceed now, here's what happened:

I sold an item but the buyer reported having issues, so I apologized and offered a replacement and buyer accepted my offer for replacement, now the buyer told me for some reason he was unable to open a return request so he simply sent it back, the item is on it's way back as of now but since there is no return request on the system I am unsure about how to proceed, should I send replacement immediately or wait for the return to arrive before sending the replacement? What is the standard in these cases? Thanks everyone!

Jun 18 at 1:37:53 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Wait to receive.

-------------------------

Jun 18 at 1:38:58 PM
CaLan87 (5)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Well since he didn't follow the "standard", that's out the window. I wouldn't send anything until you have what you sent. Also, im not saying it is, but could be a scam so he could tell ebay he never got it at all, or when you get him the new one, hed tell ebay that he never received a replacement. Ive seen both scenarios before unfortunately. I would call ebay and consult with them on how to finish the transaction.

*** Check out my WTB thread!! ***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 18 at 2:00:58 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Gloves

Wait to receive.

This. Until it's in hand, don't do anything.

Jun 18 at 2:37:56 PM
Abelardo (77)
Mexico
Thanks everyone! I've sent a message to my buyer, hopefully he'll be understanding.

Jun 18 at 2:55:23 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Understandung or not, they'll have to deal with it. They sent it back to you sight unseen, untracked. You're a dude on ebay not a huge corporation, you don't have to send them anything until you've verified their claim at the least.

Edited: 06/18/2019 at 02:56 PM by Gloves

Jun 18 at 3:03:41 PM
Abelardo (77)
Mexico

Understandung or not, they'll have to deal with it. They sent it back to you site unseen, untracked. You're a dude on ebay not a huge corporation, you don't have to send them anything until you've verified their claim at the least.

I forgot to mention he did send it back with tracking, I see it is on it's way to the US address I provided for the return, does that change the situation?

I did provide the return address via eBay message and told him to please open a return request to follow the standard procedure.

Jun 18 at 3:09:44 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Abelardo

Understandung or not, they'll have to deal with it. They sent it back to you site unseen, untracked. You're a dude on ebay not a huge corporation, you don't have to send them anything until you've verified their claim at the least.

I forgot to mention he did send it back with tracking, I see it is on it's way to the US address I provided for the return, does that change the situation?

I did provide the return address via eBay message and told him to please open a return request to follow the standard procedure.

A little different, but I'd stand by what I said. Technically, God knows what's IN that package. Wait until you receive it and verify the claim. If he sends back a cart that had a hammer taken to it you're SOL otherwise.

Jun 18 at 3:26:11 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Until you have the item in your hand, what the buyer says is irrelevant until standard procedure is followed.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Jun 18 at 3:28:06 PM
Abelardo (77)
Mexico

A little different, but I'd stand by what I said. Technically, God knows what's IN that package. Wait until you receive it and verify the claim. If he sends back a cart that had a hammer taken to it you're SOL otherwise.

Thanks, on this situation makes sense to simply wait, anyways I told my buyer I'm going to compensate for the disappointment by sending an extra item so I hope he'll be happy in the end

Jun 20 at 1:47:16 PM
Generic1 (9)

(Ass Kickerson) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
If it were me, I'd wait until the item arrives, then refund the buyer and start a new transaction private auction. I would think that would protect you from an item not received claim

Just an ordinary game collector