Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Gamma World" Inquiries Found this, but want more info...

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:34:34 PM
TriHart (59)
(Riley R) < El Ripper >
Alberta
So, I found this "board" game (appears its a spin off of the D&D table top book games) at the local church sale they were having in my town here, and wanted to know more about it. 

So, what i want to know, Is this set supposed to have more books with it? Or is it individual copies purchased separatly and stored in this box, similar to how board game sets nowadays include room in the core set for expansion packs? 

All the books included here have their respective maps included as well.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks! 

-------------------------
DC CIB:                67/254
SMS CIB:               6/114
This is fun!

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:06:31 PM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Gamma world is a series, there's hundreds of gamma world items. That box is the first edition set, and looks like two extra adventure modules added.

Edit: One if famine in Far-go, the other one not sure on, not a big gamma world fan.
Edit #2: Oh wait that other ones easy, it's GW1, Legion of Gold

These were the only two first edition modules, and the only other 1st edition item I know of is thereferee's screen, so find one of thoese and you have a complete line of 1st edition stuff.  Why, that would be worth tens of dollars. First edition was 1978-1983

Edit #3: Apperently gamma world wasn't as big as I thought, while it had 7 editions, they didnt release much in any of them.  I may have to start picking them up at half-priced when I see them cheap.

Edited: 10/24/2015 at 03:14 PM by Ozzy_98

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:40:49 PM
Nostalgia Ward (52)
(D B) < El Ripper >
United States
Gamma world is loads of fun, especially in the earlier editions. I need to start picking up some of them soon myself.

Nostalgia Ward - the Cure for Your Retro Blues

Visit Nostalgia Ward

Read Some Retro Articles at Nerdvana

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:42:29 PM
Webhead123 (30)
(Jordan S.) < El Ripper >
Texas
Gamma World is actually a "role playing game" in the style of Dungeons & Dragons, as opposed to a "board game" (and is awesome). It did not come with miniatures, cards or other traditional "board game bits".

The box, map and b&w booklet you have make up most of the original "core set". As best I recall, you're only missing the original dice and character sheets (both of which are easy enough to replace if you intend to play it).

As Ozzy mentioned, the other two booklets are the first two adventure modules, which were sold separately.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Now Playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Switch)
Last Beaten: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-2929-9013-9208

Edited: 10/26/2015 at 02:43 PM by Webhead123