NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How to value lower value items

Apr 09 at 12:39:54 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Originally posted by: GunNac

Would you honestly attempt to sell the cheap games by themselves?  I don't think it would work as well.

Well, not on ebay. You could potentially sell them through local apps/sites, local shops, or bundling them together for online sales like you said. I think in many cases you could end up with $1 per game in a big lot of them. But again, a dollar isn't much, and might not even be worth the effort. And valuing them at $1 instead of $0 isn't going to budge your total by much, unless you have a few hundred of them   I don't feel strongly about the $1 lol.

Apr 09 at 2:54:18 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

-------------------------

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Apr 09 at 3:15:08 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Perhaps it was mentioned already, but just do a fraction of what Gamevaluenow lists it as. When I used to sell, it was about 80% of GVN plus shipping. The alternative is sell it at GVN but offer free shipping. We are talking sub $10 games here, there's no easy way to make a profit off of them unless you are paying a quarter for em, and quite frankly, they can be more work than they are worth. If I were to be selling games now, I would just do a lot at 80ish percent of gvn plus shipping for the whole lot. The big factor I guess is just how much you value your time. Is it worth individually listing and packing everything for a $1 profit on a good chunk of sub $10 games? If not, bundle em up. Another thing not mentioned is fees, ebay and paypal take a bit off the top, so thats something to keep in mind...

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Apr 09 at 10:55:17 PM
GunNac (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Beabull

This reminds me of that guy who needed help taking an average.

lol, I get the referece (just now I happened across your help thread).  I appreciate that you have a sense of humor.  I am not trolling but I get how you think I may be asking an obvious question.  I guess I am just a bit overly technical.  I really like to break things down and fine tune analysis of things.  I think, despite what some have suggested, that I have a pretty accurate system but it is definately an abstracted approach.

May 20 at 10:10:54 PM
Beabull (8)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Did you ever get this system perfected?

May 20 at 11:39:06 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

This sort of thing takes a few months give it time.

May 21 at 8:13:24 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
Can anyone tell me how to value 100 $1 bills? I know that I could buy an item for $100 with a Benjamin, but what if I have 100 small bills? I can't figure this out!  

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Edited: 05/21/2019 at 08:13 PM by srh201

May 22 at 2:26:29 AM
OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
Originally posted by: Gloves

This sort of thing takes a few months give it time.

Last I heard, he forgot to carry the one somewhere and ended up selling his whole collection for 20 bucks...

***Help me finish my N64 set!!!***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...
***I will pay good money for YOUR shovelware sports games!!!***

May 22 at 8:44:41 AM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
How do you determine base price?
Why is Yoshi's Island $30?

May 23 at 10:20:35 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Could you make this anymore confusing?

Just sell the games for what they are worth, or bundle stuff up for less than its worth. You dont need a system of calculating. Add the stuff up.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

May 27 at 9:45:03 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
Your math and ideas seem a bit confusing or off to me I guess with 1/2 this 1/4 that, worthless over here.

Nothing is worthless, but it is worthless alone given how low an item can sell on ebay after they sponge you for the fees on your shipping charges too.

There's just two ways I find to combat that garbage. If you know in your heart you'll never get more than $5(before fees) on a single item, you have the choice of local gaming shop to get at least 50 cents or a dollar on it you can apply to something you do care about. The other is that you hold onto the stuff in a box and once you can add a spare appropriate complete console or handheld to go with that pile of >$5 games, that's how you do it, but be sure to seed in a $10-20 game or two with it so it doesn't look like some reseller trash lot you're trying to dump. Like if you had 10 NES game games of little to no value throw a SMB3 in there or a Zelda gold cart. Value each game into your total at just $1 for the worthless set, then tack that onto the value of the console itself and take like 1/2 off the choice game you include. I've done this over the years with solid success.

Like you I have little means, so I tend to troll for ignorantly low priced online ebay BINs, missed by some mystery listings, and locally hit resell and thrift shops. I'll take what I can get and I tend to get some real hot stuff around a lot of common things, and in time some I keep and some I don't so I can then trade up into nicer things I can not afford and it works. I'd rather not flip stuff but I do that or I'm out.

Oct 05 at 5:25:43 PM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
I think I get what OP means... lets say you look at a lot of 10 games, 1 game worth 50$ (gvn value) and other worth 5$.. what this lot worth? As Op, I tend to say 50$ and not 95$ (50$+9x5$)... More then that, I might not be willing to pay more then 40$, since there is one game that "worth" something @nd 9 "worthless" games...

This apply to lot you look for resell I guess...

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Edited: 10/05/2019 at 05:26 PM by TheBiRD

Oct 06 at 9:49:07 AM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
Wow, necro bump! I was coming back to have more fun with this!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Oct 06 at 11:36:36 AM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
Originally posted by: srh201

Wow, necro bump! I was coming back to have more fun with this!
5 months bump.. I saw way more necro bump than that  

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE