Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dual Screen VS Nintendo arcade So i didnt even know these existed before, never seen them in the wild

Oct 01 at 10:19:35 PM
kainhero (1)

< Cherub >
So i couldnt believe it when i saw it but someone about 10 min away from was selling this arcade. Ive never seen these before, ive ran into the playchoice 10 systems but never these. its a Dual Screen VS Arcade System from nintendo, i got it with 7 games 2 boards and the gun, the guy says the gun stopped working but i havent figured out how to hook it up to test it. it came with Super Mario Bros, Golf, Lady's Golf, Duck Hunt, Slalon, and 2 copies of Tennis (for dual screen play) it came with the keys and the coin slots work fine, its missing one of the 4th player buttons on the left side, also the second motherboard is missing 2 chips when it replace them from the original one then the second board works fine. i got no idea what its worth or even how to find out since i dont think too many ppl are selling this so some help from the expert arcade people here would be greatly appreciated. Also its all complete has the nintendo branding on the back and came with the original keys

Oct 01 at 10:40:03 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
The dual system is wild, I am actually in the process of fixing a pcb for one, but I gotta build a harness, so I've been putting it off. That gun alone is worth a pretty penny, people are looking for them and the ppus sell for between $40 and $60 each. I'm not familiar with the prices for the whole unit and everything else. What two chips are you missing? I might have them or can push you in the right direction  . Also, check out KLOV, its an online arcade forum filled with all sorts of people who could give you a much better estimate because they focus on it on there.

-------------------------
Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Edited: 10/01/2019 at 10:41 PM by SNESNESCUBE64

Oct 01 at 11:34:44 PM
kainhero (1)

< Cherub >
im missing the RP2A03 4b1 36 chips, with 2 of those id have 2 full working boards since i swapped them and the second board booted right up. any clue how to plug in the gun. i see the main part connects to the control board input but it has a 1 pin cable that i got no clue what it goes to

Oct 02 at 5:53:34 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: kainhero

im missing the RP2A03 4b1 36 chips, with 2 of those id have 2 full working boards since i swapped them and the second board booted right up. any clue how to plug in the gun. i see the main part connects to the control board input but it has a 1 pin cable that i got no clue what it goes to

Here’s the site snescube was referring too.  https://forums.arcade-museum.com/index.php

also I know someone that can fix that gun good as new for around 200-300 bucks(been awhile since I wanted mine serviced). Huge cabinet from the vs. line no clue on price or actual rarity.

Also if you have Facebook there’s a group for Nintendo arcades which will be just as good as klov because it’s mostly klov members.  

Any other problems you can slide into my dms  

Oct 02 at 1:47:05 PM
koifish (2)
(Chris Deliz) < Crack Trooper >
Ohio
Sick find! I heard these existed but have never seen them. The only dual-screen I've seen before was the red ones. I forget the name, but they were two-screen sitdown units.

My wanted list here: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
My selling list here: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
My ebay feedback history here: http://www.ebay.com/usr/kingkhole...

Oct 02 at 3:15:05 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: koifish

Sick find! I heard these existed but have never seen them. The only dual-screen I've seen before was the red ones. I forget the name, but they were two-screen sitdown units.

Red tent arcade  

Oct 02 at 8:08:33 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Holy shit. No idea about pricing or anything like that, but this is radical.

Thanks for the pictures!

The thought of two-player Tennis melted my brain. That shit would be awesome.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 10/02/2019 at 08:08 PM by AirVillain

Oct 03 at 1:44:27 AM
Orlandu81 (26)
(David ) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
OP, this machine is worth maybe $800-$1300 with a game on each side. Obviously more with more games. This cab is not the most popular among the arcade community, mainly due to its enormous footprint. To save space, many collectors prefer a Unisystem or the dual system red tent mentioned by another member. I've had every other nintendo cabinet but purposely avoided this one because there is no place to put it and it will not fit through a normal sized door.

@AirVillain - the dual system actually enables FOUR player Tennis, so unmelt your brain and re-melt it with that info  

Oct 03 at 3:23:04 PM
kainhero (1)

< Cherub >
Wow thats a lot lower than i figured seeing how i cant find even the smallest of parts for less than 80 bucks for sale online and the boards for no less than 400 and this one has 2 of them. But yea i see what you mean on the size i left it in my garage cause it wouldve been awful to move to my downstairs living room

Oct 03 at 7:54:04 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan

Wow thats a lot lower than i figured seeing how i cant find even the smallest of parts for less than 80 bucks for sale online and the boards for no less than 400 and this one has 2 of them. But yea i see what you mean on the size i left it in my garage cause it wouldve been awful to move to my downstairs living room

Those prices are bloated and have been sitting for quite some time, they generally sell for less. I watch VS System stuff because I like it, so I see it come up all the time. Not too long ago, you were able to buy something like VS Super Mario Bros for $200. A few weeks ago ROM sets with PPUs were selling for $40. I got a VS golf set with the marquee for $40 about a year ago. I'm also fixing a mainboard right now, I would be selling it for about $100 verified working.

I also share the sentament with the unit as a whole, if it is in nice condition, I feel like you could easily get the higher end of that range. Problem is that they are massive, and not many people can haul those, let alone fit them in their house.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Oct 03 at 7:55:27 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Orlandu81

OP, this machine is worth maybe $800-$1300 with a game on each side. Obviously more with more games. This cab is not the most popular among the arcade community, mainly due to its enormous footprint. To save space, many collectors prefer a Unisystem or the dual system red tent mentioned by another member. I've had every other nintendo cabinet but purposely avoided this one because there is no place to put it and it will not fit through a normal sized door.

@AirVillain - the dual system actually enables FOUR player Tennis, so unmelt your brain and re-melt it with that info  

Yup... RE-MELTED!

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Oct 03 at 8:01:57 PM
Orlandu81 (26)
(David ) < Eggplant Wizard >
California

The sum of parts always is worth more than the unit as a whole.  Lots of people need a this or a that...and VS parts are interchangeable (generally) between the unisystem, dual system upright, unisystem conversion and dual system red tent.  

Oct 04 at 4:11:11 AM
kainhero (1)

< Cherub >
That makes a lot of sense, this is why i came to you guys