Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every NES Game in a Year? 2010 - The Year of the Gamer?

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:47:09 PM
Nico8912 (70)
(Nick D) < Eggplant Wizard >
New York
I beat Dragon Warrior III a few weeks ago.

-------------------------

-My Collection-
http://www.listal.com/list/my-games-nico8912

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:49:54 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
Great idea. I hope NA can do it!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:10:00 PM
Darth Vader (84)
(Tony Scarlato) < El Ripper >
Illinois
So would beating Wheel of fortune mean just whoopin' the computers ass and winning the bonus round at the end. Cause if it does then mark it up!

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:11:17 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Stories 1, 2 (run 1) and 3 of Rolling Thunder cleared.
At story 4, I got to level 10, but in 30 tries, I only managed to see Maboo once. :x
Enough masochism for tonight. I'll try again tomorrow.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:33:11 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Bella, since AdamL doesn't have Dr. Mario, I figure that would be a safe bet. As for Yoshi and Yoshi's Cookie:

YOSHI (Nintendo)
-Play the B game and when you finish Round 99 on Speed High, you will go on
to the next Round, which instead of Round 100 reads some kind of symbol.
I'll consider beating Round 99 finishing the game.

YOSHI'S COOKIE (Nintendo)
-You can play through the game normally and when you get to Round 10, Stage
10 and beat it on Hi Speed, you can very well think that you won the
game...however, there is a stage select that lets you select up to Round 99!
Use the stage select and when you finish Round 99, Stage 10 then you have
finally beaten the game.

MrMiniMog - I don't know much about Spy Hunter, does it have a loop of stages or is it one continuous stage? If it's got stages, then you need to see all of them to count it as beaten, otherwise you need to break the CPU's score. I left it blank for now (you can break the high score without seeing every stage), so let me know As for Gun.Smoke, one win is all it takes (no special ending for the other quests, assuming there ARE multiple quests) so I marked you down for it

Tony, that's what I count for game show games - utter annihilation of the computer. Marked it for you

Anyway, I knocked off The Punisher when I woke up. Haven't played it in a long ass time, so I was a bit rusty, but I can still beat it in my sleep

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:45:36 PM
CrashMan (21)
(Jeff T) < Meka Chicken >
Manitoba
Good idea, I really like this, so I think I'll contribute. Mark me down as I just beat Kirby's Adventure yesterday. Just moved onto Code Name Viper, so be ready for that!

3DS friend code:  2423-2144-9184

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:52:27 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
I beat Tecmo Bowl, the original a week before the Super Bowl

and Blades of Steel shortly after the Olympics

Those are the only ones I can remember at the moment, so I'm pretty sure that's it. Listing out the games was a good idea, I completely forgot about sports games, some do have an ending.

I'll try to dust off a few other easy ones, I'm not so good at the hard games

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:56:20 PM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
I would start recruiting a Chess player to tackle Chessmaster, I think there is 17 levels.

Also can you use ABBA on Ikari? I would start looking for someone who could beat that one too, I'm out either way

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:57:08 PM
MCMROSE (43)
(Matt "Halo fruit cake") < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Super sprint is beatable?

mcmrose.com

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:59:33 PM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
I've beat it I think, I could be wrong, not this year either way

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:01:47 PM
MCMROSE (43)
(Matt "Halo fruit cake") < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
^dude, you rock if it is beatable and you did it!^^^

mcmrose.com

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:03:30 PM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
It was around when I was 13, I think RC pro am is harder, If I remember correctly. Super Sprint was a title I would rent alot.

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:03:31 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I just beat Marble Madness. First time I played it in about 6 months. Boy was I terrible.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:04:51 PM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
Someone needs to get in touch with Miss Clawful

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:05:31 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Don't think she's played much this year at all. Last I heard she was selling off everything.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:07:31 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Anyway, if Super Sprint has a stage loop but is endless, seeing every stage is considered beating it. If it has points but no stage loop, beating the default score counts. If both, try to do both Again, not much info on it since I never really bothered to play it. I don't pretend to have got every untrackable game reddened yet, I'm sure some will be found when people go to play them

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:09:24 PM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
Well, she was able to move back in I thought, or did it go bad again, oh well, she is just a super skilled player is what I was thinking, who could knock of games faster than me for sure

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:11:16 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
That she is. Look forward to her being able to help eventually, but in the meantime, it's on us

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:21:14 PM
Jero (1)
(Jeroen ) < El Ripper >
Netherlands
I guess I can give bionic commando a spin one of these days when I get around to it. (I've beaten it so many times its not even funny ;-) )

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:53:30 PM
OSG (28)
(PEEP and PAMP) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Originally posted by: burdger

Currently working on Zelda II. Should be done this week sometime depending on work hours

I'm totally just going to mash this game in like 2 hours and scoop you on it.

No just kidding I'm super rusty, haven't even played since I was already super rusty at Paul's.

It'll probably be more like 3 hours.

No seriously, I'm not going to.

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:54:29 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

MrMiniMog - I don't know much about Spy Hunter, does it have a loop of stages or is it one continuous stage? If it's got stages, then you need to see all of them to count it as beaten, otherwise you need to break the CPU's score. I left it blank for now (you can break the high score without seeing every stage), so let me know

Yeah, SpyHunter is just one big loop until you get a game over.  With the score I had, I looped though the whole game a few times. CPU score was beat.

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:10:23 PM
Nico8912 (70)
(Nick D) < Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Blaster Master and Kung Fu beaten. Gotta love Kung Fu's short but enjoyable gameplay.

-My Collection-
http://www.listal.com/list/my-games-nico8912

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:45:03 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
I beat Jeopardy 25th Anniversary tonight. I'll see what else I can beat tonight.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:51:33 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: OSG

Originally posted by: burdger

Currently working on Zelda II. Should be done this week sometime depending on work hours

I'm totally just going to mash this game in like 2 hours and scoop you on it.

No just kidding I'm super rusty, haven't even played since I was already super rusty at Paul's.

It'll probably be more like 3 hours.

No seriously, I'm not going to.

Pretty sure you both got scooped...

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:56:17 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Anyway, caught up with the posts, and knocked Mario's Time Machine off personally. Figured it would be a quickie, and I still didn't have a personal date yet, so it knocked it off two lists