Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Jul 12 at 12:37:09 PM
Clutchcards87 (14)

< Little Mac >
So I found an old post on the facebook marketplace that included the following for $125. Was able to get it down to $90
  • Original Gameboy (back as well) w/ Tetris
  • Fat PS2 Console w/ OEM Controller
  • Nintendo Console w/ 2 OEM Controllers Paper Boy, Dr. Mario, Pacman (Namco), Super Mario 2, Karate Kid, Duck Hunt/ Mario/ Track & Meet
  • PS1 w/ 2 OEM Controllers & Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Gran Turismo + Steering Wheel
BUT Then i quickly found out PS1 powers up but does not spin & read disc, PS2 powers & runs but eventually overheats, & the GameBoy is shot. About to test the Nintendo Console. Still worth $90? I'm pretty much stuck with it at this point but I'm thinking it still might work out.

Jul 12 at 12:42:11 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Nes w/2 controllers $35
Paperboy $10
Smb2 $10
Pac-Man $10
The rest of nes tapes $10

Crash $15
Crash 2 + warped $15

Total $105

Imo

-------------------------
 2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 12 at 12:45:14 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Clutchcards87

So I found an old post on the facebook marketplace that included the following for $125. Was able to get it down to $90
  • Original Gameboy (back as well) w/ Tetris
  • Fat PS2 Console w/ OEM Controller
  • Nintendo Console w/ 2 OEM Controllers Paper Boy, Dr. Mario, Pacman (Namco), Super Mario 2, Karate Kid, Duck Hunt/ Mario/ Track & Meet
  • PS1 w/ 2 OEM Controllers & Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Gran Turismo + Steering Wheel
BUT Then i quickly found out PS1 powers up but does not spin & read disc, PS2 powers & runs but eventually overheats, & the GameBoy is shot. About to test the Nintendo Console. Still worth $90? I'm pretty much stuck with it at this point but I'm thinking it still might work out.

I would have some pretty serious buyers remorse. 

Jul 12 at 1:34:13 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Not a bad set, PS1's are difficult to get running due to the lasers being so old, but if your PS2 is overheating, check the fans. They're not really known to get hot, so if it's generating a lot of heat, it could be something else if the fans aren't running.

I would get that PS2 fixed as you can play PS1 games on it and it sounds to be an easy fix. I might cost you as much to fix a PS1 as getting a new one, so you may be at a loss there.

The GameBoy might be a little tricky to get fixed, but I'm sure those can get up and running fine.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jul 12 at 1:47:43 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Not ideal but still a solid buy, especially if the NES operates properly.

NES console repair can be simple (new pins, boil pins, fix pins). If it powers and doesnt work but dont want to diagnose/fix the problem, you can sell it to a site like DKOldies (or maybe Lukiegames too?) and they refurbish all NESs anyways. Really only worth it if you get their free shipping deal though.

I've also had good experiences selling "as is" lots on ebay and clearly stating known defects. I'll usually sell a bunch of defected consoles/controllers at once in a big lot. Worst case scenario, I get my money back that I paid for the broken hardware. Best case scenario, I get my money back plus some. Also, you can part out stuff like the controllers and battery door for the Gameboy. And I would imagine a good Gameboy shell can be sold as is

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Edited: 07/12/2019 at 01:49 PM by LutherDestroysTheGond

Jul 12 at 1:49:35 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
As a general rule of thumb, when I try to value lots like this, I try to value the games only and compare that to the asking price. Older disc based consoles are pretty risky, so I tend to only pull the trigger if the price seems good for the games only. If the consoles end up working, I consider that a bonus.

Of course, this really only applies in situations where getting your money back isn't an option. I'm much more likely to pull the trigger on older used consoles when there is a good chance of getting a refund if it doesn't work.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jul 12 at 2:34:26 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Nes w/2 controllers $35
Paperboy $10
Smb2 $10
Pac-Man $10

Crash $15
Crash 2 + warped $15

Total $105

Imo

I think he can probably eke $20-25 out of the original Gameboy depending on how shot it is too.   So OP, you can hopefully break even-ish if you choose to dump stuff.

Jul 12 at 3:33:40 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Nes w/2 controllers $35
Paperboy $10
Smb2 $10
Pac-Man $10

Crash $15
Crash 2 + warped $15

Total $105

Imo

I think he can probably eke $20-25 out of the original Gameboy depending on how shot it is too.   So OP, you can hopefully break even-ish if you choose to dump stuff.

Ya. Also, I might have lowballed the nes console a little. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 12 at 4:11:21 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Yeah, you can probably go a little higher on the NES+controllers, depending on condition. Is it yellowed, or does it look decent?

I'm sure someone else will take the broken ones for parts.

Jul 12 at 4:25:50 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Nes w/2 controllers $35
Paperboy $10
Smb2 $10
Pac-Man $10

Crash $15
Crash 2 + warped $15

Total $105

Imo

Ya. Also, I might have lowballed the nes console a little. 

Not these days.   Pretty much spot on what you'll get if you try $50-55 shipped online.

Jul 12 at 4:42:58 PM
Clutchcards87 (14)

< Little Mac >
Update. Tested the NES & it does indeed work. Its not yellow but its not clean either. I got the red blinking light initially but after moving the game around it worked.

I got one response when I initially messaged why the gameboy didn't look as pictured. Got a BS response saying it could be dust on screen and need new batteries. I asked if I could return all of the stuff & got no response after that and haven't pushed any further. Will be trying to salvage my $90.

Jul 12 at 5:40:28 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Clutchcards87

Update. Tested the NES & it does indeed work. Its not yellow but its not clean either. I got the red blinking light initially but after moving the game around it worked.

I got one response when I initially messaged why the gameboy didn't look as pictured. Got a BS response saying it could be dust on screen and need new batteries. I asked if I could return all of the stuff & got no response after that and haven't pushed any further. Will be trying to salvage my $90.

Just take the screws out of the bottom and soak the top in an oxy clean/water mixture. it’ll look brand new with a little tooth brush scrubber or something. you’ll make almost 75% back on the console and controllers I bet.

“Be quiet brain, or ill stab you with a Q-tip” ~Homer Simpson 

Edited: 07/12/2019 at 05:41 PM by DaneNES

Jul 12 at 5:45:55 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
If it makes you feel any better I just won a bid for $85 on contra force that has terrible crack damage underneath the length of the sticker that I didn't notice, like a jerk. Years ago I got whomp em' that got busted hard in shipping. I'm starting an ugly gem collection. Been on the hunt for little Sampson with no label, or crack damage, and/or with marker all over it, on the cheaper side,lol.

“Be quiet brain, or ill stab you with a Q-tip” ~Homer Simpson