Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Awards NintendoAge Awards NEW UPDATED LIST Need an award? Want to know how to get them? Check here!

Jul 03 at 5:11:56 PM
16BitBricks (1)
(Josh ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: 16BitBricks

Can I get the pinball, arcade, and prototype badges? Uploading from mobile so 🤞 the pics work. 

Please? 

Jul 03 at 5:47:57 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Can I get the pinball, arcade, and prototype badges? Uploading from mobile so 🤞 the pics work. 

Please? 

Added.

-------------------------

Jul 03 at 5:57:20 PM
16BitBricks (1)
(Josh ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Thanks!

Jul 08 at 3:54:50 AM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Would these diagnostic carts qualify for the test cart award? And would this 5200 diagnostic cart be considered a proto? They were made by atari on Eprom boards.

Edited: 07/08/2019 at 03:57 AM by acromite53

Jul 17 at 7:06:50 PM
knicks999 (28)

< Crack Trooper >
Applying for complete Game Gear collection

Edited: 07/17/2019 at 07:08 PM by knicks999

Jul 17 at 7:17:49 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: acromite53

Would these diagnostic carts qualify for the test cart award? And would this 5200 diagnostic cart be considered a proto? They were made by atari on Eprom boards.

I'm not sure why the first diagnostic carts would be test carts but the 5200 would be a proto? Can you tell me more about how it's a proto?

Jul 17 at 10:25:52 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Originally posted by: Gloves

I'm not sure why the first diagnostic carts would be test carts but the 5200 would be a proto? Can you tell me more about how it's a proto?

The 5200 cartridge uses eproms and was used internally by Atari. It was for hardware testing. So I'm not sure what the definition of a proto is. I guess you could say a proto is a cartridge containing code that is a work in progress. With this, They were never publicly released but some have earlier or later revisions of the software. So I don't know if yall would qualify this. Is the test cart award only for Nintendo test carts?

Edited: 07/17/2019 at 10:27 PM by acromite53

Jul 17 at 10:42:02 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

The 5200 cartridge uses eproms and was used internally by Atari. It was for hardware testing. So I'm not sure what the definition of a proto is. I guess you could say a proto is a cartridge containing code that is a work in progress. With this, They were never publicly released but some have earlier or later revisions of the software. So I don't know if yall would qualify this. Is the test cart award only for Nintendo test carts?

Were the other carts released? I'm just trying to see how one is different enough from the other to justify two awards for what at a glance sounds like kinda the same thing.

Jul 17 at 11:19:31 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

Were the other carts released? I'm just trying to see how one is different enough from the other to justify two awards for what at a glance sounds like kinda the same thing.

You're right. They are basically the same thing. The 400 ones are diagnostic/test carts, weren't commercially released, and also use eproms.

Jul 17 at 11:22:30 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

You're right. They are basically the same thing. The 400 ones are diagnostic/test carts, weren't commercially released, and also use eproms.

They sound to me then more like test carts than protos. I believe protos is intended to be games, as there is a separate award for test carts (and to my knowledge outside of test centers were not commercially available).

Thus, I believe this merits a Test Cart award. Would you agree?

Jul 17 at 11:26:10 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

They sound to me then more like test carts than protos. I believe protos is intended to be games, as there is a separate award for test carts (and to my knowledge outside of test centers were not commercially available).

That's what I was thinking too. Calling them protos is a bit of a stretch. Thanks

Jul 17 at 11:31:00 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: knicks999

Applying for complete Game Gear collection

Added.

Originally posted by: acromite53

Originally posted by: Gloves

That's what I was thinking too. Calling them protos is a bit of a stretch. Thanks

Added.

Jul 18 at 12:45:09 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
here is 100 accessories.

Jul 18 at 1:43:51 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

here is 100 accessories.

Added.

Jul 18 at 3:55:50 PM
klv123 (0)
(Biff Webster) < Little Mac >
Ohio
Can I get a CIB VB set and Kiosk?

Jul 18 at 4:00:13 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: klv123

Can I get a CIB VB set and Kiosk?

I might be blind. What kiosk do you have? I'm on mobile so hard to see.

Jul 18 at 4:05:25 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
Does World of Nintendo Cabinet Count?

Jul 18 at 5:32:52 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Does World of Nintendo Cabinet Count?

It's a cabinet, not a kiosk. So I'm afraid not.

Jul 18 at 6:31:15 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
Not sure why I thought it would...lol

I have a PlayStation one in the garage.

Jul 18 at 6:31:49 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Not sure why I thought it would...lol

I have a PlayStation one in the garage.

Go snap a pic, bud!

Jul 21 at 1:49:55 AM
8bitsupremacy (35)
(8bit Supremacy) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Recently acquired every licensed NES cart, sans Stadium Events...does that mean anything? Also have an NTF2 test cart, and almost all unlicensed except for Peekaboo, Bubble Bath, Myriad, amd Cheethman 2...cool story bro.

NES: 763 north american carts (+22 PAL exclusives)
IG acct: @8bitsupremacy

Aug 01 at 7:48:03 PM
JCasper (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Going for the complete Zelda collection. (Do not have Hyrule Warriors on Wii U as of now, only the Switch version, not sure if I still qualify)

Gamer all my life. First game I ever played was Ocarina of Time, so every game after has been a slight dissapointment (JK).

Edited: 08/01/2019 at 07:50 PM by JCasper

Aug 01 at 8:06:30 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: JCasper

Going for the complete Zelda collection. (Do not have Hyrule Warriors on Wii U as of now, only the Switch version, not sure if I still qualify)

Sure why not. Added.

Aug 01 at 8:46:47 PM
JCasper (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Here is also a submission for the 100+ peripherals/accessories award.

Gamer all my life. First game I ever played was Ocarina of Time, so every game after has been a slight dissapointment (JK).

Edited: 08/01/2019 at 09:01 PM by JCasper

Aug 04 at 12:34:11 PM
Cassian (0)

< Cherub >
Applying for some awards....