Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Baseball Contest ends Sunday, 5/1/16 at 11 PM NA time

May 1, 2016 at 10:56:04 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Steal home eh. I know the PC is moronic when it comes to trying to throw runners out, so you must know how to confuse it with someone on 1st or 2nd
Steal home every time I get a guy on 2nd or 3rd.  With a guy on 1st and another base, two runs.  With bases loaded, three runs.  Every time.

May 1, 2016 at 10:56:17 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Last second score update +33.

This game honestly got the best of me early on and it took a few days before I started getting the hitting down a bit...I was hitting waaaay too much and just giving them fly balls constantly.

-------------------------
Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 05/01/2016 at 10:58 PM by Uncle Meat

May 1, 2016 at 10:59:32 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: bertsampson

Steal home eh. I know the PC is moronic when it comes to trying to throw runners out, so you must know how to confuse it with someone on 1st or 2nd
Steal home every time I get a guy on 2nd or 3rd.  With a guy on 1st and another base, two runs.  With bases loaded, three runs.  Every time.

I noticed after awhile that the opponent would always throw to an obligatory base all the time once you got loaded up like that. They will always try to get the guy out going to home plate.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 05/01/2016 at 11:00 PM by Uncle Meat

May 1, 2016 at 11:02:51 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
lol, down to 4th. That's what I get for not playing one game of since Thursday

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

May 1, 2016 at 11:22:38 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

lol, down to 4th. That's what I get for not playing one game of since Thursday

Dude that is kind of crazy if you got that on Thursday...............I have been playing mostly every day "except" Thursday night and last night since a good friend came down from Alberta that I have not seen in awhile.

I thought this game was going to be the deal breaker for my overall score.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 1, 2016 at 11:25:14 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
And shit on a side note Guts hasn't been around to post much since yesterday I hope him and his wife are doing alright.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 1, 2016 at 11:40:00 PM
bertsampson (11)
Washington
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

I noticed after awhile that the opponent would always throw to an obligatory base all the time once you got loaded up like that. They will always try to get the guy out going to home plate.

Well, I'll tell you this, the rules of baseball don't necessarily apply.  Most annoying to me was the fact that a pop fly can easily turn in to two outs if you don't get your guy on 1st back to base before they throw the ball to 2nd.  Another exploitable rule missing from this game is being able to run from any base while the baseman has the ball.

May 2, 2016 at 8:04:14 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Well, I'll tell you this, the rules of baseball don't necessarily apply.  Most annoying to me was the fact that a pop fly can easily turn in to two outs if you don't get your guy on 1st back to base before they throw the ball to 2nd.  Another exploitable rule missing from this game is being able to run from any base while the baseman has the ball.

It honestly wouldn't even be a bad game if as soon as you hit the ball it kind of goes to a birds eye view of the field and you could run your fielders......actually hell, even if your fielders don't catch it automatically and once the ball hits the ground you could that would even make it 1000x better.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 2, 2016 at 10:01:24 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Wow, great scores guys! Congrats on the 40 spot Bert, that's awesome!

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Edited: 05/02/2016 at 10:02 AM by bearcat-doug

May 2, 2016 at 11:15:29 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Wow, I could have placed had I tried just a tiny bit harder!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

May 2, 2016 at 11:15:47 AM
smick (27)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Commander Santa

Originally posted by: smick

Final update to my score.  Despite hints, tips, and research I couldn't ever hit as well as some of you.  Oh well - it was a decent showing.  I'm in the minority - I enjoyed playing this game this week, though I'm getting pretty sick of it now.  Time for a break from NES baseball!
Damn smick, you've been an ace pitcher all week.
You guys in the top 6 are on a completely different level from the rest of us.

Thanks!  Unfortunately, I never did get the hitting to come together for more than 20 runs.  Reading the end of this thread, it seems like I could have manufactured more runs by manipulating base running...  I need a few weeks off from this game, but I might try that later on just for fun. 

Playing through the Zelda games:

Complete: The Legend of Zelda (8/1/13); Zelda II (1/6/14); Zelda LTTP (5/18/14); Link's Awakening (4/8/15); Ocarina of Time (2/7/16)
Up Next: Majora's Mask

May 2, 2016 at 10:39:43 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

Damn! I go play a game and get 31, just to come back and see it ain't good enough. TWarwick, Landers, you're making this a challenge for me! Thanks!

Hey Bert , this belongs to you .....

May 3, 2016 at 12:05:29 AM
bertsampson (11)
Washington
Originally posted by: TWarwick07

Damn! I go play a game and get 31, just to come back and see it ain't good enough. TWarwick, Landers, you're making this a challenge for me! Thanks!

Hey Bert , this belongs to you .....

Just a small win in the battle to take them all!

May 3, 2016 at 1:11:55 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Thanks for looking out for me Commander Santa. I was actually +6 (won 14-8). Would be nice if I could link the actual pic.

May 3, 2016 at 1:29:43 AM
bertsampson (11)
Washington
Originally posted by: dukeofhurl99

Thanks for looking out for me Commander Santa. I was actually +6 (won 14-8). Would be nice if I could link the actual pic.

Oh, I see.  You were supposed to play as the team on top.  I don't see any reason not to give you the participation anyway.

May 4, 2016 at 12:55:30 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Thanks I've played so few times I didn't realize playing as the away team even happened. I'll have my stuff together for Golf.