The hell is up with OG xbox games being total crap price-wise

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:54:36 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: Sinnbox

Originally posted by: Daria

Originally posted by: Nirron

Questioning if NA is a collectors forum or a resellers forum. I'm glad Xbox is cheap. Atleast something fun and cheap to collect for..

Bit of both truthfully. 

I've always found that most collectors are resellers, but I think it's different than the resellers that get all the hate. I've been collecting since 98(activly), and have always picked up extra if I find it and flip to further my collection. 

The resellers that get the hate, atleast from me, are the ones that are just out for profit, and buy up all the stuff other local gamers would want just for the profit. I always post stuff in a local collector facebook group I created before flipping it online. I also rarely grab a game from stores fequented by gamers to flip unless it's sat there for a while.

The people around here that I would consider resellers are the ones that dont even play the games, and hit stores as soon as they open just to find stuff to sell online. They are also the ones trying to get top dollar for crappy games on craigslist.

I ment that you'll find all kinds of people on NA. I think this thread alone illustrates that we have some members who value games based on their monetary value and others who just want to talk about games. And a whole bunch of people that fall somewhere in between.

I think the true "resellers" though primarily stick to the buying and selling forums. 

-------------------------

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:01:42 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: helloatarijason

Sorry didn't mean to insinuate that. I know I hate finding out that a game a passed on was a good deal and I probably wouldn't have found it cheaper. With the exception of Operation Genesis and Futurama, from what I've seen, these are all good games. Futurama holds a soft spot for me as I loved the series so I'd like to find one at a reasonable price. Knowing market prices can help to know when to act.
That's good to know.
These are the titles I don't have but definitely want from your list: 

OutRun 2006 
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth
Xyanide
Stubbs the Zombie

And this is the only one I currently own from your list. 

Star Wars Battlefront 2

I'm sure things will only get more expensive as time goes forward getting those four titles, however I have a few nice honey holes locally for XBox games and I know they've come through the rotation before and probably will again, and fortunately they price much lower than online prices.

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:58:24 PM
ASAP_Zonk (4)
(AJ ) < Meka Chicken >
New Jersey
Futrama , Teen Titans , the Warriors , Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (to name one not mentioned), Operation Genesis  Rama & Titans are the gems of the US library , they will be worth the most , most likely since all three were very limited , Xbox is great  for prices but these gems trust me will be sky rocketing when my generation is out of college .

Owner of Zonk's Retro Games 178 Main St Butler NJ 

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:40:29 PM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Marvel vs. Capcom 2? It's a little pricey, but it's actually way lower than it used to be. I remember it being a solid $40+ used for a long while, and now the BIN's on Ebay only have it for around $28. That game was on several different consoles. The Dreamcast version has been hovering around the same price for more than a decade.

My FS/FO thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:23:00 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
(Abraham Hernandez) < Meka Chicken >
Hawaii
@xasap I would tend to agree with you with those titles but I will disagree and say that it's the variants and special edition games that rarely get mentioned that already high in value and hardly show up like 50 cent bulletproof with bulletproof vest $50 plus, NASCAR 07 walmart limited Edition and NASCAR 06 WalMart limited edition both respectively pushing $40 and above but now can triple in value due to their real scarcity. And of course Steel Battalion 1st edition green buttons being in the 3 digits most of the time not all the time. But I'll keep it at that as I don't want to affect the xbox prices haha.πŸ˜‰

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:26:56 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
Hawaii
Xbox collecting IMO is kind of an anomaly where value and "real" rarity do affect value of xbox games sans spikeout battlestreet which I a head scratcher because it is dirt cheap but really is a rare game and a Sega game. Go figure😳

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:13:25 PM
ASAP_Zonk (4)
(AJ ) < Meka Chicken >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: abrahamh2

@xasap I would tend to agree with you with those titles but I will disagree and say that it's the variants and special edition games that rarely get mentioned that already high in value and hardly show up like 50 cent bulletproof with bulletproof vest $50 plus, NASCAR 07 walmart limited Edition and NASCAR 06 WalMart limited edition both respectively pushing $40 and above but now can triple in value due to their real scarcity. And of course Steel Battalion 1st edition green buttons being in the 3 digits most of the time not all the time. But I'll keep it at that as I don't want to affect the xbox prices haha.πŸ˜‰
one nascar 07 limited is on ebay for 7 

Owner of Zonk's Retro Games 178 Main St Butler NJ 

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:44:48 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
Hawaii
@xasap and now it's gone should have bought it at $7.00 and that sir is a steal because it I a legit rare Xbox game. Just because the person selling it doesn't know it's true value doesn't make it any less rare than it is. Silly collector always thinking $$$ equal rarity good luck finding it for that price again.😁

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:46:20 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
Hawaii
When a game is legit rare it is rare regardless of value. I could speculate but I won't just because. πŸ˜‰

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:58:47 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana

Xbox collecting IMO is kind of an anomaly where value and "real" rarity do affect value of xbox games sans spikeout battlestreet which I a head scratcher because it is dirt cheap but really is a rare game and a Sega game. Go figure😳

so was NES at that point in it's history, Final Fantasy was one of the highest priced games when I started collecting, now it's one of the cheaper games, same with TLOZ.

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:31:52 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
Hawaii
@Sinnbox that is very interesting and good point. I guess it is a wait and see approach to Xbox value in the long term. But there is almost no doubt that Nintendo overall is head and shoulders above anything Xbox value and popularity wise but the og Xbox is still is a system to collect for budget wise and have a few titles that still hold up. 😊

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:59:43 PM
GamingEsquire (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
I casually collect Xbox, mostly just for the exclusives and the occasional "valuey" game. I have had luck in the past couple of years finding some of the more valuable stuff for cheap (Operation Genesis for $1, Call of Cthulu for $3, Stubbs for a buck, etc.), because most people don't have the same kind of knowledge of Xbox as they do the other systems of that generation and past generations for that matter. I suspect that trend could continue...at least so long as xboxage doesn't become a thing.

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:06:58 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana

@Sinnbox that is very interesting and good point. I guess it is a wait and see approach to Xbox value in the long term. But there is almost no doubt that Nintendo overall is head and shoulders above anything Xbox value and popularity wise but the og Xbox is still is a system to collect for budget wise and have a few titles that still hold up. 😊

I agree, Nintendo is a huge market, anything Nintendo is gold right now, but SEGA has been creeping up. I'm sure that once all of the kids that had Xbox's as their first system come of age and have some cash it will start to climb. Probably not like Nintendo, but It will jump at some point. I enjoy having a system I can grab afew titles for if there is nothing I'm needing in the NES or DC sections at local stores.
Originally posted by: Jandrem

Marvel vs. Capcom 2? It's a little pricey, but it's actually way lower than it used to be. I remember it being a solid $40+ used for a long while, and now the BIN's on Ebay only have it for around $28. That game was on several different consoles. The Dreamcast version has been hovering around the same price for more than a decade.
Marvel vs. Capcom is one of the few titles that the price went down on when it was released on Xbox Live, and the PSN. My friend bought his copy(PS2) in a bargain bin for like $10 when stores couldnt sell it, then sold it a year later for $75 when he got his 360. 

The DC version is the most arcade perfect version, so I have a feeling that if any version goes up in the future it will be the DC version.

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more