Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

XMAS cart 2011 ideas thread

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:43:50 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
I haven't gotten to play any of them as of yet so I'm looking forward to getting this year's cart

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:16:21 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
1-4 players

players start at the bottom and run to the top to get a present and bring it back to the bottom- most presents at the end wins.

single screen, you can move anywhere on the screen, punch fellow gift grabbers and make them drop their gift when you don't have a present.

simple. violent. xmas.

edit: you can add a layer of complexity with a power up, but really, all i want to do is grab presents or slap my brother's and sister's presents out of their hands to stop them from getting more presents than me. that's what it's about! PRESENTS!!!!

-------------------------

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:17:42 PM
zi (73)
New York
and SWEET CHRIST are you taking music submissions this year? it might be nice to have some upbeat variety from the last 2 years...

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:33:18 AM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Just like every year, talk to Sweet Kevin Christ about the music, I don't touch it at all!

Oct 8, 2011 at 6:17:03 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
paging Sweet Kevin Christ

Oct 8, 2011 at 4:38:36 PM
zi (73)
New York
so if bunny is god, and kevin is christ, who's the holy spirit in this scenario? usps? also.. KEVIN

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:34:48 PM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
I loved the chipmunks music from last year that was awesome.

GRRR!

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:28:43 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: cradelit

Really???  Thanks that one was my recommendation

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:47:44 PM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Paul

Originally posted by: cradelit

Really???  Thanks that one was my recommendation

I'm not sure I can think of a better way to bring me back to xmas when I was a kid than chiptune chipmunk christmas

GRRR!

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:02:47 PM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
Soooo, who's idea won?

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:19:35 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
It will probobly be a secret until the first cart arrives at somebody's house.
Unless one of the testers leaks some info...
Paging Dain....

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:11:13 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: Benihana

It will probobly be a secret until the first cart arrives at somebody's house.
Unless one of the testers leaks some info...
Paging Dain....

The secret to testing games for bunnyboy is knowing that once you're in the club, you don't talk about what he's working on until he gives permission. 

Sorry guys.

actually I'll be beta testing the XMAS 2011 game tonight, and I'll bug Bunny to see if I can spill the beans.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:44:50 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
NOOO!!!! Don't spill the beans...I want to be surprised when I get the cart. Everything from Game play, to opening screenshot, to Label design, to the Card Model.
Don't leak anything!!!

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Edited: 10/12/2011 at 11:46 PM by Benihana

Oct 13, 2011 at 2:18:17 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Post music suggestions here: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:23:52 PM
SlowJamzMixtape (25)
(Richard Smith) < Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
Santa boxing, like the old retro boxing games. Elves can be the refs. Something like Ring King, but maybe a little less ridiculous (and minus the between rounds fellatio). Dunno, the idea just screams awesome in my head.

Battle for the title of "World Heavyweight Santa"

I need the following Xbox games CIB preferred, pm me and I'll throw money at you!
Stubbs the Zombie, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, Psychonauts, Sniperelite, Conker Live and Reloaded, Madden '09, Barbie Horse Adventures

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:40:06 AM
rokubungi (164)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
I had a couple of ideas recently I know it's way too late for the 2011 but maybe the 2012 cart could use these..

first one is a pretty simple d-pad hero clone. Beatbox baby Jesus. (there's a horrible 'Hark, the herald angels sing' remix that plays on some stores intercom that I swear has someone beatboxing in it and I picture it in my warped head that it's a baby Jesus. )

the second is a canyon bomber/defender multiplayer game Santa Vs. the Missiletoads. player 1 controls santa as he flies at a constant speed but you can turn him left or right he has 3 reindeer and when he's hit he looses a reindeer no reindeer left he crashes into the ground.. the computer or other 3 players control the missiletoads they have an angle (adjusted with up/down)and can hop left or right with the d-pad. firing a missile by holding down the a or b button to charge for a few seconds and launching on release. Santa's mission is to deliver presents to all the houses.. he can press A for a present or B for a bomb, but he's gotta be careful not to blow up any houses. so the game is 3 missiletoads Vs. Santa or have a second mode with just 4 missiletoads against each other.

If you have any GBA signage or kiosk I would be interested. Please send me a PM because I'm only here about once a month now but I'm still VERY interested in large system signage or small playable kiosks related to the GBA.